Chapter 4

The Enigmatic Fan

Author's P.O.V

 

 

After the party night, when Miseo came back to her home she was too exhausted to even think about the crisis she barely escaped that night. She flopped over her soft bed, covered herself with warm, fluffy duvet and let sleep take over her worn out body.

 

 

Monday mornings were never welcomed by Park Miseo. Getting up and preparing for school after a deep slumber was the last thing she ever dared to do. Even though Mondays were full of crappy, boring business lectures and elite classes, there was one thing that Park Miseo loved about Mondays. 

 

 

Every Monday, Park Miseo would have her Uncle, Mr. Ahn Jung, take her to S.M. Entertainment's studios. There she would practise and polish her singing and dancing skills. Though formal balls were the only events she attended but being in the studio and groving to the hit kpop beats brought another level of happiness to her otherwise boring life.

 

 

Miseo halted while going to the main dance hall when she heard music beats eminating from the new monster rookie group's dancing room. Taking slow and steady steps towards the music she approached the the room's door in a sleek - lizard like manner. She looked here and there for a minute to see if she's being watched by someone or not. After sensing no soul in the hallway she gently pushed the door open to take a peek inside the room.

 

 

Miseo adjusted her eye level with the ajar and peeped inside to look at her most favourite sight of all times. Her heartbeats were frantic just by thinking about the people on the other side of the door and her breathing was heavy in the fear of being caught. Though she would still take the risk to peep inside because she didn't get to see this sight everyday.

 

 

Behind the doors were EXO members dressed in black - training attires, drenched in sweat, hair sticking to forheads and performing trickiest, hardest choreo with swift and subtle movements. Eyeing the body moves of each and every member, Miseo was once again drawn into the magnetic attraction with which they never failed to win hearts of fangirls. The EXO members had seemed to take no notice of the intruder as they were performing with full enthusiasm and energy. On the otherhand, drooling over the members, Miseo completely forgot about the world in her surrounding and her main purpose to be there. She was badly caught in the moment and it was sure a dreaded prospect for her in her sane mind. Although right now nothing mattered to her fangirl self.

 

 

"MISEO !" A sharp, imperceptible but firm voice called her from behind. Miseo snapped out of her bubble and looked in the direction of the warning tone. She was a bit panicked about who had called her and what idea would he get if he saw her like this.

 

 

 

Approaching her was Mr. Jung with a black, leather handbag under his arms. He took fast and determined steps towards her. Miseo took a deep breath of relief as she realised that it was no one but Uncle Jung who had seen her. She was thankful to the God that no one else saw her otherwise her stupid self would have caused another scene.

 

 

 

She stepped away from the door and waited for Mr. Jung to cross the hallway and reach her side. At that moment she realised that the music was too loud that the EXO members would have no chance to hear anything going on outside. Mr Jung appeared in front of Miseo and glared at her," What the hell do you think you're doing here ?" He half wispered, half yelled at Miseo to not get anyone else's attention on them. Miseo ducked her head down and stared at the floor as if she was waiting for someone else to answer the question for her. She knew that she was being very wrong when she decided to peek inside the room but curiosity took the best of her and she still performed the punishable deed. She couldn't utter any word out of and gradually kept looking down.

 

 

Mr. Ahn took a deep breath and spoke up," I know you like them a lot and love to see them perform but why don't you think about the consequences if someone see you here ? What if EXO saw you here ? What would you do after that ? What would you say to your parents about this whole situation ?"

 

 

Miseo kept looking downward and avoided the eyes of her uncle as she knew she was at fault this time. She could sense the anger in her uncle's voice and knew that she messed up badly this time. She knew that her uncle was very caring and understanding towards her and that's the main reason of his anger. He doesn't want her to be caught by anyone and dragged into a mess which she can't handle. He had always loved and supported her and that's the only reason that Miseo decided to tell her uncle, other than Sarang, about her little secret. She could sense the concern in his voice. She felt bad to worry him about her.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry uncle. I just got carried away. It won't happen the next time." She replied jutting her lower lip out in order to melt her uncle's heart.

 

 

Mr. Jung took a deep sigh. He didn't like to scold Miseo too as she was his only princess but he had to be strict to her for her own sake. Though he couldn't resist a pouting Miseo as her soft image melted away all the anger inside him. He shook his head lightly and gave her a small smile.

 

 

"I hope you will keep your words in the future. It would be good for your own sake." He replied earning a heartwarming smile from the little girl.

 

 

"Let's go now. You don't have much time, right ?" Uncle headed towards the dance hall.

 

 

"Yeah." She followed him behind after taking a last peek at the now closed door. Maybe that was all in her quota for today.

 

 

After entering the dance hall she practiced dancing on the new tracks for a long time. It was super fun for her. Uncle kept checking on her from time to time if she needed anything.

 

 

After 2 hours of long and tiring practice Miseo was out of the room again. She wiped the sweat sticking to her body and changed her training clothes.

 

 

As she was walking towards her uncle's office she didn't notice that EXO's Kai and Chanyeol were walking just towards her from the other side of the hallway.

 

 

"Chanyeol, Have I lost my eyesight or is it really Ms. Park Miseo in front of us ? What is she doing here ? She's even wearing training clothes ?" Kai asked his friend.

 

 

Chanyeol followed Kai's eyes and saw Miseo walking towards them. He blanked out for a moment after seeing the said girl there. He couldn't even reply to Kai's questions as he was too confused to think of anything else. Also seeing her in black clothes, she seemed oddly familiar to him. Tho he couldn't contemplate why she was suddenly so familiar to him as he had only met her once in his lifetime in the party that night.

 

 

Both Kai and Chanyeol were in utter shock and disbelief. They couldn't believe that they were seeing the heir of Park Empire at S.M. building. That too even in training clothes. Thousands of possibilities rushed through their minds. They couldn't contemplate a solid reason for her presense here.

 

 

After what seemed like an eternity Miseo was out of her trance too as she saw EXO members in front of her. She couldn't believe her eyes for a minute. Though she knew that EXO were in the same building as her and there was a high possibility of them running into her still after witnessing it all happen in real it seemed more terrifying.

 

 

Her knees started feeling week and she froze at her spot. Cold shivers were running down her spine and her whole body become stiff. Like in slow motion she saw Kai and Chanyeol approach her. For a moment she thought on turning on her heels and running away at the speed of a metro. But it was all too late. The members had already seen her and doing reckless things like running away would make the more suspicious of the current situation.

 

 

She stood still there. Thinking of the questions they would ask her and coming up with the lies to tell them. Although seeing them approach her she couldn't concentrate properly and forgot everything.

 

 

"Miss Park ! What a pleasure to see you here. By the way, May I know what bought you here ?" Asked Kai with extreme excitement dripping from his voice.

 

 

Miseo didn't know what to reply to that. She completely blanked out at that simple question which she already knew would be asked to her. She forgot all the lies she had prepared in the past if she met with such a situation in the future. What she also didn't know was that EXO would be asking that very notorious question to her. She opened to say something. Anything. But nothing came out. She just stood there with clammy hands and slightly parted lips as if she wanted to say something but couldn't.

 

 

Just then came a voice from behind, "She's with me." Miseo snapped her head towards the voice. Her uncle was standing there.

 

 

Kai and Chanyeol looked at eachother trying to understand the situation as much as they can. How's Mr. Ahn related to Miss Park ? Do they know eachother from before ? And what is Miss Park doing in the S.M. building ? More questions were rushing through their brains. "The Parks had been a share holders in our company from a long time and I invited her to take a look at the new company building. Wouldn't it be better if we keep our share holders updated with our company's progress, right ?" Mr Ahn ended with a fake but sweet smile towards the boys.

 

 

After understanding the situation Kai and Chanyeol nodded their heads in Mr. Ahn's direction.

 

 

"It's nice to meet you again Miss Park. I hope you enjoyed your little trip in the S.M. building. Please make yourself comfortable here. It would be our honor to serve you." Chanyeol said being as gentlemanly as he is and offering his hand for a handshake.

 

 

For a second Miseo was drawn into those eyes again. She watched at Chanyeol's face intently with blinking. She would have started drooling over that deep and soothing voice if not for her uncle's gentle nudge for the handshake.

 

 

Miseo dreaded the idea of the handshake as she knew what effect it always had on her. The electric sensation she felt whenever she shaked hands with any EXO member was one of the reason that she kept proper distancing with them. But now that Chanyeol had already stretched his hand towards her, she couldn't humiliate him by not shaking it.

 

 

With shaking hands she brought her hands for a handshake and hoped dearly that her hands wouldn't be sweaty or shivering. Just as her hand touched his, she again felt the sensation. She immediately pulled her hand away after a small shake.

 

 

Just like the previous time, it was awkward for Chanyeol when Miseo immediately pulled her hand back. He tried to come up with a reasonable answer to such a response but couldn't think of anything. But one thing was sure, all these things reminded him of that it's not the first or second time someone has reacted lopike this to him. He felt that such things had already happened in the past but what he couldn't understand was where ?

 

But Chanyeol was sure about one thing, that everything was not so simple as it seemed. 

 

 

 

 

 

A/n: Thumb! Thumb! What do you think will happen now ? Why do Chanyeol keeps getting weird feelings from Miseo ? How do you think Miseo is related to EXO ? Would you like to find out ?

 

 

Finally an update !!! Hey, I have found a new name for my readers and followers and it's called 'loveries' !! It's a mix from lovely and eries as we're all are eries and I love you all !!! So it's kinda longggg update because was not able to update from a very long time. I hope you all like it !! And enjoy your day loveries !!!