Chapter 3

The Enigmatic Fan

Miseo's P.O.V

Our gazes locked for a second as I stared at EXO approaching me slowly. My legs started feeling jelly again and I began to loose my composture. My hands started shivering and I could no longer support myself on the high heels that I had complemented with my flowery gown for today's party.

 

 

'This doesn't seem right ! What if they recognise me ? What if they know the truth about me ? What if my secret gets revealed to the media ? No, no,no !!!! This can't be happening !!'

 

 

Panic rose to my veins as I saw that Cindy just directed EXO towards my direction. Without having another thought I turned my back towrds them and started to move away to another corner of the party. I can't let them see me. I can't let my secret out.

 

 

Just as I was in a shady corner of the hall, untraceable and unreachable, I lead out the deep breath that I didn't even realize I was holding. I jerked me head up, looking from side to side hoping to get a glimpse of Sarang. I know this might be shocking for her too and maybe she could be more vulnerable than me at this condition. I can't let anything go wrong. I can't let Sarang get into a trouble.

 

 

As if God has heard my wish, I spotted Sarang, surrounded by many elites and other guests. Just as I thought, she was tensed and stiff. I saw her clamped fist on one side of her body and the other one trembling slightly holding the drink. She was a bit pale and was zoning out. I saw her gulping nervously and biting her lips in the process. Oh God ! She's terrified and this isn't good !!

 

 

Sarang turned her head around after coming out of her cogitations and my eyes met hers. She looked at me as if pleading to get her out of this claustrophobic situation. I gathered all my courage and firmly looked into her eyes, as if to tell her that I'm here and nothing would go wrong as long as we keep low. She stared at me for a long time before heaving a deep sigh and with determined eyes she made an encouraging gesture towrds me.

 

 

I again started contemplating of what I just convinced Sarang of. Would it really be in my hands ? With all those hawk and eagle eyed reporters and media around us, looking out for our each and every step, would I be able to keep my words ? Would I be able to hide my secret identity from everyone ?

 

 

I was in my own little world when suddenly a hand landed on my shoulder and I heard an extremely familiar voice. Omg! It's Cindy. I looked back at her praying to all the universe's gods of Cindy being alone. BUT NO! THE WHO DAMN, GIGANTIC UNIVERSE IS AGAINST ME !!!

 

 

"Hey there! We are EXO! It's so nice to finally meet you personally Ms. Park, I'm EXO's Chanyeol " said my oh-so-cutie-pie Chanyeol as he held out his hand towards me.'H-He didn't recognise m-me', I thought in my mind.For a second I was star struck. I looked towards Chanyeol then at Cindy and other EXO members, then back at Chanyeol's hand. I couldn't come up with a decent reply or action. It was like if my hand was paralysed to move.

 

 

 It's not even my first time meeting them but they always had this effect on me. I tried to stop my shivering hands from trembling even more and elegantly shook hands with Chanyeol. Just at his touch I flinched. It felt like an electric spark ran down my spine. I immediately pulled away my hand which lead to a baffled Chanyeol staring unsurely at me.

 

 

That's the reason I always kept a decent distance with them !!! Arggg !!! It's so embarrassing !!!

 

 

'THAT'S IT !! YOU JUST RUINED YOUR IMAGE MISEO', I scolded myself in my mind.

 

 

Seeing them up so close, my cheeks felt like burning. My body disapproved of acting like the 'perfect lady' I was supposed to be and I was left with a blushing, red face. 'Okay ! Enough Miseo ! It's not the time for fangirling !'I mentally slapped myself and tried to come up with the most professional and 'lady-like' smile I could muster up.

 

 

"Hello Mr. Chanyeol. It's a pleasure to meet you and your group members. Thanks a lot for arranging time from your busy schedule and for your amazing performance in today's party." I said trying to be as mature as I can be.

 

 

'The pleasure is ours, Ms. Park. It's a privilege that we could perform in an event hosted by The Parks and the bigger honour is to meet up with the only heir of The Park empire." Chanyeol replied looking so cool and sophisticated that for one second I doubted if it's the same happy virus Chanyeol that all we fans knew or someone else.

 

 

I nodded my head and flashed a sweet smile towards him and the other members.

 

 

Damn !!! All of them looked so dashing and handsome in those satin suits, classy and bold neckties, titan watches and leather shoes. Woahh !! Suddenly I'm having a feeling to give their stylist a pay rise.

 

 

Aarghhhh!!! Why do I always get off topic ? This isn't the time to ogle over EXO but to get myself and Sarang out of this situation. I'm glad to God that it was me who was in this situation, if it would have been Sarang in my place then the tea would have been already spilled by now and the media would have up our lives.

 

 

I approached Seojun and asked him about Sarang's whereabouts. He replied that Sarang was not feeling too much well and already took her leave. Okay ! Now that's a good thing, Sarang is out of here. I hope this party ends without any drama. God !! It seriously was a long day !!

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/n : Hey there !!! 

Sorry to update so late. Schools have started and exam's pressure in floating over heads. I just hope that I get some slack off and time to update more. Enjoy the chapter and keep supporting me. Bye !!