DJ Gabriella

Love Radio

Jung Wheein is a famous radio personality in a famous channel; Love Radio.

On radio, she refers to herself as DJ Gabriella. She is the most sought-after radio endorser and voice-over and events host. A lot of people are infatuated with her. When you're with a girl like her you feel like a different person. You try to be better, and that's a strain. Men prefer to be friends with her kind, flirt a bit, and share confidences. They don't often fall in love with girls like that, although everybody loves her. But she's still lucky though, because she prefers women rather than men.

Moon Byulyi is an average employee. She is not miss goody two shoes, some people might even call her a , but she prefers being referred to as an honest person. Girls like her, her kind are the ones that people easily fall for. Girls fall for those who possess a bad boy image and boys fall for those women who don't make his life harder. She just happens to manage to be both.

That might just be the reason why Moonbyul is currently in a relationship and Wheein is, well...single


Moonbyul drove early to her girlfriend's house. Like she always does. It's been her daily routine. They work at the same company so they don't really have the chance to miss each other all that much. And like every other morning, her car's radio is on, of course, it's tuned in on the Love Radio.

Irene; Moonbyul's girlfriend, entered the car and automatically placed a kiss on Byul's cheek.

"How's your date with your cousins last night?" Moonbyul asked, wishing her girlfriend had a good time because it's the reason their date was canceled.

Irene furrowed her brows but quickly replied, "Oh, yeah." She remembered. "I left early." Moonbyul looked at her waiting for the reason. "It was sadly boring."

Moonbyul sighed, hoping that she didn't let her girlfriend cancel their supposed date then.

*Scoffed* 'Girlfriend went on a different kind of date last night'

They both hear Gabriella comment from the radio.

Irene wasn't really a fan of DJ Gabriella. She hates listening to her every morning. But since her girlfriend is a big fan, she just got used to it. She just tries not to focus on whatever the DJ's saying. Not this time though, because the topic caught her attention. But she's not planning on hearing more of it.

She tried to turn off the radio but Moonbyul stopped her.

"Why are you even listening to this?" Irene asks.

'But I'm sure Boyfriend, has got no clue. So don't worry girl! You're safe. You are.'

"Don't turn it off. It's Gabriella. You know she's my favorite DJ, Babe." Moonbyul comments, placing her hand on top of the radio to stop Irene from pressing any button.

Sometimes Irene doesn't know if she has to be jealous about this. Moonbyul's unlikely to do as she pleases but this is a very small request, why can't she just turn off the radio and give her girlfriend peace of mind?

'You know why? Your boyfriend is dense. Dense.'

Moonbyul starts her engine as her eyes were focused on the road with a smile on her face, contented listening to her favorite DJ with her girlfriend beside her.

She's sappy. She hates it, but she's in love. What can she do?

Irene, on the other hand, couldn't be more annoyed. She crossed her arms and huffed.

'What exactly is dense, Gabriella?' DJ Maria, Gabriella's partner, asked.

'Well, to put it in another way, stupid? Or to make it easier, like you.' She joked. They usually banter and playfully tease each other. Recorded laughter filled the car.

Moonbyul laughed at this.

Irene on the other hand, had had enough. She rolls her eyes. "She's not even funny." She comments for the nth time. "You have a cheap taste because of this kind of stuff." Irene said with distaste.

Moonbyul wasn't offended, surprisingly. If it were any other person she would've let them have a piece of her mind, but since it's Irene, she just shrugged it off. "Irene, you're my girlfriend, you can't say I have cheap taste because that would be like saying that you're cheap." She smirked.

"This is exactly what I'm trying to point out. See what you're learning from her?" She shook her head in disbelief. "Definitely corny." She mumbled.

Irene continued on ranting and nagging but Moonbyul just put up a smile, she's in a good mood today and she's not going to let her girlfriend ruin it for her. Besides, she has always found Irene adorable when she nags her despite her occasional eye roll.

'And a daily reminder my dear listeners. If your boyfriend or girlfriend is a nagger. Better get out of there while you still can. I tell you it'll be a living hell. So if I were you, be quiet. Stay qui-'

Irene really had enough. She knows that this DJ Gabriella, whoever she is, isn't attacking her whatsoever but still, she can't help but take it personally. 

"I think nagging is better than not caring at all. Don't you think so?" Irene looked at Byul expectantly, waiting -demanding Byul to side with her."

It was such a trivial thing. Byul found it silly that Irene would even be mad about that simple comment, but she'd rather not fight with her girlfriend this early in the day. "Of course."


"Babe, are you really that mad?" Byul asked.

Her girlfriend has been distant from her since that morning.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay?" she apologized just to give her girlfriend some kind of satisfaction.

"Whatever." Irene coldly replied. She continued looking at her monitor and tapping -smashing rather- the keyboards really hard and loud. Not giving Byul a chance to think that she's even remotely okay.

"Babe..." Moonbyul held the other brunette's hand and leaned on her table to catch her attention.

Irene sighed. "I just wanted some quiet time earlier, Byul. But you couldn't even give me that."

Moonbyul wanted to roll her eyes. She thought that if Irene didn't talk much she would've had a 'quiet time'.

"What did I get? I was forced to listen to that DJ for half an hour." She added, before grabbing her bag and standing up.

"Wait. Where are you going?" Moonbyul asked as she tries to keep up with her girlfriend's pace.

"I'm gonna grab some lunch." Irene said indifferently. "I'm hungry." she stated.

"I'll come with you. My treat."Byul said, grabbing her girlfriend's arm to stop her from walking so fast.

"I don't want you to." Irene said stubbornly. "I have my own money." Then she snatched her arms away from Byul and walked out.

Moonbyul was about to follow Irene but Seulgi stopped her. "Byulyi. Where are you going?"

"I'll follow her." She said even though she didn't take one step further.

"If I were you, I'd give her space. She'd just be more irritated, if you follow her. You know how she is." Seulgi advised. "If you want, will talk to her." Seulgi then suggested when she sees her best friend with a long face.

Byul nodded. "That might be a better idea. Tell her that I'm really, really sorry and I love her." 

There was a hint of hesitation in Seulgi's face but Byul didn't think anything of it. "Okay. I will." Seulgi says, tapping her best friend's shoulders gently before following Irene.

Moonbyul couldn't put her finger on it, but lately, Irene seemed different...distant even.

Irene used to be sweet, although she has always been a nagger and a jealous girlfriend, her sweetness makes up for it. She wasn't even Moonbyul's type at first. And Byul knows for a fact that Irene used to hate her guts. But maybe their constant bickering was the reason that Byul drew into her.

Moonbyul didn't do love. She used to think that relationships are for people who are contented with just one person, and it was definitely not her style.

But she fell in love with Irene. And the tough and impatient woman that Moonbyul once was before they met? It was replaced by this whipped Moonbyul that she is now.

She changed her ways for her, because that's what she wanted.

And they were happy. They were. But lately, it's been more of fighting and less loving; like her efforts were never enough. Moonbyul is not the kind of girl to easily give up though, not when it comes to the woman she loves.


"I told you. All men are pigs." Wheein said bitterly.

"Don't generalize his mistake, Wheein." Hyejin tried to reason to her best friend.

"This is your fault." The blonde huffed.

"Hey!" Hyejin feigned hurt, placing a hand at her chest. "I'm just trying to be a good friend. How can you say that you don't like boys if you haven't been in a relationship with one?" she questioned, earning a glare from Wheein.

The other girl just raised her hands as if she's surrendering. "At least now, you have a concrete reason to hate them."

"Does that supposed to make me feel better?" Wheein asked in disbelief. "My ex boyfriend - apparently my only ex boyfriend- cheated on me." She emphasized.

"I know." Hyejin answered. "But it's not like you loved him. So it's not supposed to hurt that bad, right?"

"I was hoping that my relationship would be meaningful." The blonde sighed in disappointment. She was actually starting to genuinely like the guy. But she didn't think there's any use in saying that right now.

Hyejin's face suddenly turned serious. "Okay, seriously though. I'm sorry, Wheein. Taehyung was an for cheating on you. I shouldn't have given him your number." For the record though, Hyejin really thought he was a good guy. She thought he'd get along well with Wheein, and in fact, he did. It just so happens that Taehyung was apparently a coward little runt that's not man enough to tell Wheein that he's not that into her.

"Apology accepted. Just don't do it again." Wheein smiled at her best friend. She knows it's not really her fault. She just wanted Wheein to have someone in her life for once.

But then she slammed her face on her palms.

"What now?" Hyejin asked with concern.

"He cheated on me." Wheein mumbled which made Hyejin roll her eyes.

"What can make you feel better?" Hyejin asked sincerely.

"I don't know. Have someone to actually love me?" Wheein replied with her shoulders slumped. Hyejin didn't know if her best friend's joking or not.

"Well, I love you." Hyejin states matter of factly.

Wheein smiled at her friend with adoration and appreciation. "I know. I love you too." she replied. "But you know what I meant."

"You'll find him, Wheein. You're only 26. And you're beautiful and sweet, and kind, and really nice and...you know what I mean. You'll find lots of guys—or even girls who would love to be with you." Hyejin reassured her friend.

Wheein didn't respond. But she silently wished that her friend was right.

There were times when Wheein would doubt herself if she was ugly or not. People tell her she's not. But she asks herself, why is it that every time she falls in love, she ends up crying?

At times she wonders if she was made out for a married life.

And believe it or not, she even attempted to enter an abbey, but at the seminar, she was really attracted to some girl and she thought to herself that maybe she is still destined to get married, just not yet.


"Byul, can I talk to you for a moment?" Kim Yongsun, Moonbyul's senior and close friend, approached her on her desk.

"Sure thing." Moonbyul replied quickly.

"I really don't want to be the one telling you this, Byul, but I don't want you to get stabbed in the back." Yongsun stated.

Moonbyul just furrowed her eyebrows, not following where their conversation is going. "You do know that you're like my best friend, right?" Yongsun asked.

Moonbyul nodded. Yongsun is an introvert, she doesn't have that many friends in their office and Byul's the only one who seemed to take down her walls. They actually have a funny history considering that Byul had a crush on her on her first day.

But unfortunately for Moonbyul, Yongsun is straight as an arrow.

"Is there a problem?" Byul asks, taking a hint at Yongsun's gloomy tone.

"I think so." Yongsun said vaguely.

"Well, aren't you going to tell me what it is?" Moonbyul asked calmy, but she's growing a little impatiently.

She took a deep breath and sighed. She's having a hard time telling it to Byul, what more would Byul feel when she finally finds out. "Why don't you just follow your best friend and your girlfriend?"

In the end, she couldn't say it out loud. She just has to let Byul see it for herself.

She didn't have to say anything else.

Byul went to the canteen and follow Irene and Seulgi. Yongsun followed her for support.

When she didn't saw them in the canteen she tried looking at the comfort room, and there they were, she didn't saw them but she can hear them; they were definitely making out.

She kicked the second cubicle where the sound was coming from, before Yongsun could even stop her.

She abruptly grabbed Seulgi out of the cubicle. "Really?" her voice was quiet but her teeth were gritted, it was scary to say the list. Her hands were balled in a fist, shaking with anger. "Of all people, Seulgi! Irene? Really?"

She felt enraged, and more than that, betrayed.

Seulgi couldn't even look at her, or even say a single word.

"Byul-ah. Listen to me." Irene said nervously, holding Moonbyul's arms with both hands but her girlfriend didn't bother listening to whatever she has to say.

She pushed Irene away from her and walked away.

It finally clicked to her.

Irene's sudden coldness, the uneasiness, her defensiveness earlier - she thought it was just the fact that her girlfriend didn't like DJ Gabriella, but now she knows that it was that particular topic: cheating.

Irene was the girlfriend and she was the dense 'boyfriend'.

She was indeed, stupid, she thought to herself.


'Hey, listeners. How have you been yesterday? Especially those who were flooded?'

DJ Gabriella's voice woke Moonbyul up. It was not an everyday thing, especially because she usually wakes up earlier for work. But it was a great change. Another great change is that she could actually watch the occasional live streaming of her favorite radio segment.

There's just something comforting about the way the DJ speaks that piques Byul's interest. And it doesn't help her case at all, knowing how beautiful DJ Gabriella is.

'What flood? Where the heck have you been yesterday, that you said it had a storm?' DJ Maria asked. It was definitely hot in Korea, as far as everyone's concerned.

'Oh! Wherever I was, it flooded with tears.' DJ Gabriella stated with the same enthusiastic tone that she always uses. If she was really sad, it didn't show.

 'This is DJ Gabriella, and in love...yes, only in love, am I truly stupid...' She said bluntly but playfully.

That makes the two of us. Moonbyul thought to herself.

Hwasa laughed and so did the other DJ.

DJ Gabriella's laugh has always been so beautiful to Moonbyul's ears.

It's different in a good way. She liked it.

'And you're still tuned in here, in the number one radio station Love Radio. And for anyone who's stupid in love like me, here's a song for you.'

A song that Byul doesn't quite recognize played on the radio.

She lied down for a few more minutes just listening to Love Radio before finally deciding to rise from her bed. She also took the time to text Yongsun that she can't come to work today, to which her senior quickly replied that it's okay, and told her to make sure that she's okay.

A few more minutes and Moonbyul grabbed her laptop. Logging in her Tinder profile, which she hasn't checked since she and Irene became exclusive.

'Hyejin, although my heart is wrecked my face is still beautiful, you know that. So let me beautify your mornings ' DJ Gabriella bragged dramatically.

Moonbyul laughs at how greasy the DJ is.

It's almost a miracle, Moonbyul thinks.

She just saw a picture of DJ Maria on tinder under the name of Hyejin. Maybe she's a catfish, maybe she's not. But Byul swipes right anyways. 

'So Gabriella, what's this stupidity level 5 that you have mentioned earlier?' Hwasa asked, reading the tweet that one of their listeners had sent. 

'Dear, don't ask, you might not handle it.' She pointed to herself as if all her listeners can see her. 'I , myself, almost couldn't handle it.' She said lightly and lively. 'It wasn't just level 5 of stupidity, it was more like...' she thought about it for a second, "level 9.5"

Both DJ's laughed again.

'I don't know.'  Wheein sighed. 'I'm already 26 but I'm still stupid, I thought there was an age limit of age 20 or something until you have to retire. I think I'm overaged.' She joked.

'And because of that, this song is for you.' Hwasa took that opportunity to play a song, 'another song for people who are stupid when it comes to love.'


"You wouldn't believe what happened yesterday!" Hyejin greeted Wheein at their radio booth.

"Good morning to you." Wheein greeted her obviously enthusiastic friend.

Hyejin sat beside her and gets right to telling her story. "I couldn't have seen a more handsome woman, Wheein!" she exclaimed dramatically.

"I'd take that as an exaggeration." Wheein comments. She knows how melodramatic Hyejin gets sometimes.

The raven-haired girl sighed. "I kid you not." Hyejin insisted, taking out her phone from her bag, fidgeting with it and then placing it in front of Wheein for her to look at. "Is she or is she not the most handsome woman you ever laid eyes on?"

Wheein had to take a double look. "She's okay." she downplayed, despite her being a little flushed at how pretty the girl in the picture was.

Hyejin rolled her eyes. "You soooo find her pretty. Admit it." Hyejin insisted incessantly.

 "She is pretty." Wheein replied, playing it cool. "So, care to explain why you're letting me see her before your date?" Wheein knows Hyejin usually doesn't talk about her potential love interests before she could even meet them. "And why did you matched with this woman? Did you have a sudden change of preference?"

Hyejin gave her a look.

And Wheein knows that look.

She groans. "I can't believe you put girls  as your preference on your tinder just to set me up." Wheein says before Hyeejin could even tell her.

Hyejin only smirked, as if proud of herself.  "Well, I'm showing her to you because this might be your lucky day."

Wheein only raised an eyebrow at her.

"So here's the deal, she's a super fan, and she said she only swiped on my profile because she was wondering if she could get your number." Hyejin stated.

"You weren't offended?" was Wheein's first concern. She knows how her best friend could be such a drama queen at times.

"Come to think of it..." Hyejin starts, "I should've been, right?" she concluded. "But I was too excited for you. I have a good feeling about this, Wheein."

"Like all those other times you said you had a good feeling too?" Wheein asked, sarcastically.

Hyejin scoffs. "This is different. I really feel like this would be a good one."

"Sure. Yeah. You could give her my number." Wheein replied casually. It's not like Hyejin would be stopped if she says no. It's probably not that big of a deal anyways, so she immediately agreed. 

Hyejin claps her hand in victory. "Good, 'cause I already did." she said proudly.

Wheein could only laugh. "Of course, you did." Why is she not surprised?

"Her name is Moon Byulyi." Hyejin enthusiastically stated. "I'm sure you'd like her But if things go wrong don't blame me." Hyejin joked. "Kidding! I'm sure you'd make a great couple though."

It actually made Wheein laugh. She guesses she just has to go with the flow. It didn't really stay in her mind for so long.


She received a text from Byul the same day. But the blonde didn't reply. She didn't find any impact in the text. Maybe it was because she was still bitter from her past failed relationships or maybe the text really wasn't so interesting. She couldn't really remember.

Moonbyul, like the person that she is, didn't give up that easily, she continued texting her favorite DJ. She has been texting her day and night for almost a month now.

She's not one to easily give up on something once she sets her mind to it. She's Moon Byulyi. What Moonbyul wants, Moonbyul gets. That's her motto. So what if Irene left her for her best friend. It's her loss. Byul won't cry in bed and mourn because she left.

'Ooooh, I like this.' DJ Gabriella stated. 'Someone said they'd bring me coffee today.'

And of course, like the coffee lover that she is, she didn't decline. It's free coffee after all.

'I'd like that since the coffee I'm drinking today doesn't taste so good.'

'Maybe the person who made that coffee has a grudge on you.' Hyejin said playfully.

'My personal assistant made it,' she replied. 'Hey, girl, if you're mad at me just tell me...' Gabriella playfully stated, looking at her assistant. 'I'd apologize.' She said softly then laughed with Hyejin.

Wheein excitedly rummaged her bag for her make-up and applied it to her face.

Hyejin shot her a questioning look.

"She's coming!" Wheein stated with undeniable excitement. 

"Moonbyul?" Hyejin asked with eagerness. She wanted to see the person behind her friend's contagious smile these days. She wanted to tap herself at the back for giving Byul Wheein's number. 



A/n:

There you have it!

I'm just taking a break from all the angst that I've been writing. Haha.

This is from a fanfic I wrote a long time ago for a different fandom, it's one of the first fics I've ever written so forgive me if it's a little corny. I revised it a bit to make it less cringe-y. Haha

Still, I hope you liked it. And a comment would be nice too. Thaaaanks!