Chapter 1

Love Hurts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y/n's POV:
You open the door to the coffee shop, the delicious aroma of coffee and baked goods filling your nostrils. You go inside, walking over to the biggest booth in the shop and sitting down as you wait for them to arrive.

You sit there excitedly. Your eight closest friends, who you hadn't seen since summer break, had come home for Thanksgiving and as soon as they told you, you scheduled a time to hang out. You rarely get to see them anymore because they're all in college and you're still in your last year of high school. Oddly enough, they all go to the same college.

As you wait, you think about all the memories you've shared with them and how they're always so kind to you and there for you when you need it. You know best friends don't get much better than that.

You hear the bell on the door of the coffee shop jingle. You look up to see your best friend, Chan, walking in. You can't contain your excitement and immediately rush over to him, wrapping your arms around him.

"I missed you, Channie!" You feel so happy that you finally have him in your arms and that you can confirm he's really there by the familiar masculine scent he gives off.

"I missed you, too, Y/n." Chan chuckles at your excited demeanor that's just so cute to him.

The two of you sit down at the booth and chat while you wait for the others to arrive. You can't wait to hear all about what Chan has been doing since he left for college.

It doesn't take long for more of your friends to start showing up and after about fifteen minutes, they had all arrived at the coffee shop.

"So, Y/n. How's school?" Hyunjin asks before taking a bite of his pound cake. 

They all turn their attention to you. They always give you their complete and undivided attention and it makes you feel special.

"It's... okay." You slightly dreaded talking about school because some of the students had not been the nicest to you.

"It's obviously not. What's wrong?" Felix looks concerned. They all do. You love how much they care about you, but you aren't sure if you want to tell them what's been going on.

"It's nothing," you reply, avoiding eye contact.

"You know you can talk to us about anything, right?" Seungmin takes both of your hands in his. "We're always here for you."

You sigh. You never keep anything from them anyway, so you decide to just tell them.

"There's a couple of girls at my school... and they've said some things. They spread rumors about how it's disgusting that I'm with so many guys at once and they say that you just pity me for being such a... you-know-what, which is why you hang out with me. And they've been saying things like this since you were in high school, but they've gotten meaner now that you're not there anymore."

The boys look shocked and their shock quickly turns into expressions of anger, but it's gone so fast that if you blink, you'd miss it. Their expressions immediately return to normal.

"It's okay, Y/n. Don't let them upset you. They're just j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter