03

Quiet whispers

Nao walked out of the lecture hall as she got ready to leave for her apartment since her philosophy class was canceled. Sighing happily, she stretched her arms as she started to head for the main entrance.

Himchan stood in front of the now empty lecture hall, tapping his foot quickly against the floor as Professor Lee continued to babble on about what he had wanted Himchan to do. Today was March 14th and, for him, it was probably the most important day of his life. As the Professor came to a close, Himchan quickly bowed and raced out of the large room. Looking around frustratedly, he had always had to run around for her and it was becoming a real pain. He quickly noticed her burgundy colored hair and her long, black, high collared peacoat. A smile stretched across his lips before racing after her. "Nao cha!"

Nao came to a stop before spinning around, making his heart flutter and setting his cheeks ablaze. She stared at him quietly, her hands stuffed into her pockets as her cheeks were slightly flushed from the clod weather. He smiled at her as he jogged up to her, standing before the girl he had been slightly chasing since day 1. "Are you going to class?"

"No, my class was cancelled today." 

"Oh.." Her voice was bland and he felt that she was becoming uninterested in him, "Well, I was thinking that maybe we can hang out again today. You know, maybe look around Seoul a bit?"

She took a stiff breath while the ends of her lips began to curl upward. He too began to smile; however, her smile quickly faded with a frown. "I have to work on the essay due for Cultural Music.. I have to start ahead of time so than I can properly translate everything and such.."

"Than.. How about I help you with your paper since, well, I'm a Cultural Music major and stuff. I can proof read it for you and things like that." 

"Wouldn't that be cheating since you'll be the one grading it?"

Himchan stared at her quietly, she was right. He scratched the back of his head nervously as he forced a smile on his lips, "Well, I mean, I don't mind helping you out. Plus, you'll be bound to get a better grade!"

Nao laughed softly as she patted his shoulder, shaking her head slightly. She pulled out her iPhone from her pocket, unlocking it, and setting it onto the keypad. She held out her phone to him as he quickly picked up on her gesture. Himchan took her black iPhone into his hand, dialing his number quickly as he handed it back to her. Nao saved the number on her phone, slowly beginning to walk backwards. "I'll text you the address and directions. As for now, you have a class to get to."

Himchan watched with flustered cheeks as she turned her back to him and began to walk away. He smiled widely as he quickly raced to his last class of the day with a wide smile on his face. 

 

As the professor began to wrap up his lecture, Himchan began to pack up his stuff, wondering what he should do for the special day. Finishing his last words, Himchan was the first to get up and leave the class, quickly pulling out his phone to check for a message. He saw the foreign number on his phone, smiling widely as he quickly opened the message. Looking at it, he tried to hold in his laugh. Her grammar was all wrong and the spelling was horrendous, "It should be a good thing I'm going to help her with her essay or else she would fail for sure."

Walking down the street to her apartment, he looked over at the flower shop on a few feet ahead of him. He tapped his chin slightly before walking in.

"Hello there dear~" The old storekeeper announced, "How can I help you?"

"I uh.." Himchan scratched the back of his head nervously as he tried to hold back his smile, "I wanted to buy flowers.."

"Well obviously mister. Why else would you be at a flower shop?" THe old lady joked as she leaned against the cashier table, "What kind of flowers would you like, or better yet, what's her favorite flower?"

"Uhh.." Himchan rubbed the back of his neck. Truthfully, he knew barely nothing about Nao. He grunted a bit, scratching the side of his head frustratedly, "I really don't know.. I never asked her."

The lady looked at him, her eyes trailing up and down his body. He stared at her, uncertain whether he should be concerned or not. Before he could ask, the shop owner left to the back room for a moment to return with a bouquet of bright red roses, some of the dew from this morning still on it, "She'll like these."

Himchan took the bouquet, looking at it skeptically. Nao didn't seem like the girl to like the fancy stuff in life, she seemed more laid back and relaxed, "I don't thi-"

"Trust me." The shop keeper interrupted with a smile, patting him on the shoulder, "I've seen your case many times before. She will love these."

He gave her an unsure look before pulling out his wallet. The shop keeper just patted his hands and pushed his wallet back to him, "I'm sure you're in a hurry to see her if you have yet to even give her flowers."

He smiled a bit, trying to hold in his laugh as his cheeks turned red. 

 

Nao sat on her living room floor, her computer on the coffee table as her papers were scattered over the oak furniture. She sighed quickly as she gently hit her head against the short table, Why does it have to be Cultural Music. Why couldn't it be Biology or something? Nao turned her head towards the door, her cheek pressed against the table. Nao stared at the door, her imagination fluttering as she smiled softly at the thought of Himchan walking through that door. She quickly sat up and the doorbell rang. Her heart accelerated as she quickly got to her feet. It's him! It's him!! She quickly shook her head as her fingers grazed against the metal doorknob. "Hey the-"

Nao stood there in shock as a bouquet of red roses covered her field of vision. Himchan's head quickly popped out from the right, a nervous smile on his lips. "H-Hey there Nao!"

He lowered the flowers and rubbed the back of his neck, trying to calm down, "You know.. Since it's white day and i-its a pretty big uhh.. Thing in Korea, I thought I would g-get you flowers.."

A soft smile quickly replaced her agape lips as she placed her hands over his. Nao took a step towards him, taking in a deep breath of the fresh roses as she smiled widely, looking up at Himchan with big eyes, "They're beautiful Himchan."

Himchan stared at her with wide eyes, his face completely flushed from her simple gesture. He cleared his throat as he slipped his hands away from hers and placed his hands over hers so than she was holding the flowers. The two stood there quietly, not really saying anything as they stared at one another. Both their cheeks turned a bright red as Himchan quickly looked away and cleared his throat, "So.. Should I start helping you with the essay?"

"Ah! Yeah!" Nao quickly moved, her face trying to find cover in the flowers, "Yeah.. That would be, greatly appreciated."

 

The two sat in the living room, Nao staring at the computer screen with an irritated look in her eyes as Himchan just smiled at her from the couch. Nao kicked and spurred as she fell onto her back, staring at the ceiling. She looked over at Himchan who looked over at her, "Do you wanna eat?"

Himchan's face quickly lit up as he smiled widely. He was weak when it came to his stomach and now Nao knew She smiled widely at him as she got to her feet, "Than I'll go make something."

Without thinking, Himchan shot out of his seat as he ran over to Nao and grabbed her hand. Nao came to an abrupt stop as she spun around in shock, staring at him, "I'll treat you to dinner!"

Nao stared at him with wide eyes at his sudden proposal as Himchan quickly covered his mouth. Damn this big mouth of mine! Dammit!! He quickly pulled his fingers away from his lips as he tried to find an excuse to save his behind, "F-For White Day that is! I'll treat you out to dinner for white day.."

Himchan looked down at her as she looked down at her feet. Himchan gritted his teeth as he rubbed the back of his neck. What the hell is wrong with me? I know I like the girl and stuff but seriously? I've never been this uncool before! What the hell!!

"Would it be okay if we leave like this?"

He returned his gaze to her to see Nao looking up at him with flustered cheeks and round, almond eyes. Himchan cleared his throat slightly as he nodded quickly, "Like this.. Is fine."

Nao smiled up at him softly, a faint blush on her cheeks as she slipped out of Himchan's grasp. She grabbed her bag and keys. Nao walked to the front door, looking back at the frozen Himchan who seemed to be lost in thought. She smiled softly at him as she opened the front door, "Are we going or what?"

HImchan looked over at her and smiled before walking up to her. He slipped his arm on her lower back, "I was just thinking of where to take you, that's all."

--------------------

A/N: So you guys, sorry for being M.I.A for a past few.. weeks? I've been busy with school and sadly, my interest in B.A.P has switched from Himchan to Yongguk (Damn that gummy smile of his). Of course, I will continue with this story, I will just have less ideas I guess. Also, I know this chapter is a bit.. behind but it's going to be very vital to the story (or at least I think). And besides that, I really had nothing else to write. I'm really brain dead you guys. Sorry :(