Third

The favorite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene fondly stared at the girl who was wiping her face aggressively with the handkerchief. She felt a stare from the fourth progenitor’s man but Irene was never one to give a damn about anyone else.

“Swear to me you will never do anything to scare the kids again or I will beat you.”

Irene laughed at the harmless threat. It was new for Irene to see this protective side of her companion. Most of the time, Seulgi was always seen with a poker face or emotionless expression. Adorable.

So, how did all of these start?

Irene met an interesting fifteen-year-old girl five years ago. When Irene first laid her eyes on the feature of the laying body, she was fascinated. For a fifteen-year-old, this girl looked exceptionally pretty. It interested Irene more how the girl even dared to stab the fourth progenitor.

So Irene did what she never did before. Without even knowing her name, Irene gave her blood to the girl. It wasn’t easy at first. The girl tried to take her own life as soon as she found out that she was unwillingly turned into a vampire. Irene didn’t really tell Seulgi that she needed to use a cursed weapon if she wanted to kill a vampire. For the first year, it was extremely hard to make the girl talk to her. She would rather die than having to beg for blood. Irene had to leave the bottles of her blood inside Seulgi’s room. The only time the girl ever drank Irene’s blood directly from Irene’s body was on the first time the girl found out that she was a vampire. Irene dropped a human body next to her and ask her to drink the blood. However, Seulgi strongly refused. Irene had never seen anyone with such strong self-control. And for a fifteen-year-old girl to be able to hold herself this much, Irene was entertained.

Irene poured her blood into the glass and gave it to Seulgi. The human first threw the glass away and ended up breaking it. Irene was mad at that time. Seulgi just wasted Irene’s precious blood. No one had ever disrespected her like this.

“You can either drink human blood or mine if you don’t want to experience such intense pain.”

Irene knew how difficult it was to control the urge to drink blood. She wasn’t sure if she could ever keep herself in control as long as this girl. When Irene was about to walk away, the girl suddenly grabbed her arm and bit her skin. Irene smiled when she felt her blood was being taken. Her hand reached to caress Seulgi’s head.

She thought she was going to have this girl under her spell for the rest of this girl’s life.

Irene then began to train the girl. Since Seulgi was her first companion, she was already stronger than most noble vampires. But the girl was young and inexperienced. She needed proper training or she wouldn’t survive when having to fight the elite squad of the Imperial Demon Academy.

Other progenitors turned humans into vampires and made them their servants too. But most of those people were willing to be a vampire. But not Seulgi. Seulgi was a different case. Other turned vampires treated the other progenitors like their master, their kings, or queens. However, Seulgi treated Irene like some disgusting creature. Seulgi never even tried to hide that she hated Irene so much. Irene found it irritating at first, but she was also interested.

One thing Irene didn’t expect from the fifteen-year-old girl was for her to grow after being turned into a vampire. Irene clearly didn’t expect the girl to be this tall—taller than Irene, and beautiful—stunningly beautiful, so dazzling. The girl who used to be shorter than she now was already several centimeters taller. Irene clearly didn’t see this coming. Seulgi was literally growing up in front of Irene’s eyes. And for Seulgi to grow up to be this good-looking, Irene was enchanted.

Irene made sure she knew Seulgi’s every move. She never wanted Seulgi to go on any mission. Many progenitors had been pressuring her to get Seulgi on the action. And Irene hated it. She always told the others to off whenever one of them tried to bring this topic up. She didn’t care if the other progenitors say anything. If they ever dared to, Irene would make sure they wouldn’t get to live to see another day.

It was until the first progenitor personally came to her. They knew Donghae was the only person whose opinion was worth Irene’s consideration. He did a lot of explaining. He was able to convince Irene to let Seulgi go on a mission for this one reason.

‘Seulgi may begin to like her life as a vampire more when she gets to work with our kind.’

And many more reasons like ‘Seulgi needs to take a fresh air too.’ ‘You can’t keep her under your watch forever. You need to let her grow.’

So Irene decided to let Seulgi go on her very first mission.

Traveling 20 kilometers west to secure the area by eliminating any monsters living there. Irene knew monsters 60 kilometers away from their palace were all weak monsters. With all the training Irene gave to Seulgi, the girl would be able to kill any monsters within a few seconds.

Irene also gifted Seulgi her first cursed sword. A 70cm sword in black color, while Irene had a white one. Every sword had a living demon inside. Only if you were able to mentally won the demon that you got to be the master of the sword and the demon. Irene was proud whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter