first

The favorite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi wiped away the blood on her cheek after she killed the last monster. She was ordered to clear the area and take the people here in custody. They were going to be their livestock in exchange for protection. Just like what she was five years ago.

Seulgi had never hated anything more than herself. She should have just died when she had the chance. She should have starved to death. She was able to resist drinking the blood from that human child the third progenitor offered to her. However, she failed to fight the urge to drink the blood. The third progenitor’s blood.

She didn’t know what she was thinking back then. She still questioned herself most of the time as to why she ever grabbed the third progenitor’s arm and her blood.

She should have died. She should have just killed herself instead of being one of them. She hated herself.

At first, Seulgi thought her appearance would remain the same as when she was fifteen since vampires did not change anymore in appearance. For some reason, her body kept developing like a normal human. The third progenitor told her because Seulgi just took her blood and refused to drink human blood. Therefore, her body still developed like normal humans.

“Hey, kid. Is everything clear?”

The second progenitor spoke to her. Park Sooyoung was her name. The second progenitor was someone Seulgi could stand for several minutes. She wasn’t like the arrogant fourth progenitor. She was actually quite alright.

“Yes.”

Seulgi responded. Sooyoung smiled at her and patted her head as if she was a puppy. “Good job. I’m glad we didn’t run into those elite squad of the Imperial Demon Army.”

The Imperial Demon Army was a group of humans who loathed vampires. They built their own empire—even opened the school for humans as well. Those who were capable enough would get to train and join the army. Some of them who were strong would receive cursed weapons suitable for their ability. They had been on the move recently. And a lot of vampires were killed on the mission as well.

If the vampires’ goal was to conquer the world, making any other creatures inferior to them, the Imperial Demon Army’s goal was to create a world where only humans exist. Obviously, the vampires and the Imperial Demon Army were enemies. They would try to kill each other whenever they could. Seulgi met them a few times, got into a fight, and killed some of them. But as much as she could, she would always try to avoid the fight.

“Anyway, I killed one human earlier. I left his body just behind that tree. If you want, you can drink his blood.”

Sooyoung continued to talk when Seulgi didn’t show any sign of wanting to converse with her.

“I have mine already.”

When Sooyoung raised her eyebrows, Seulgi reached inside the bag tied to her waist and showed Sooyoung the small bottles with cork lid. There were around five bottles of them inside.

“Irene’s blood?”

Seulgi bit her lip when Sooyoung mentioned the third progenitor’s name.

“Yes.”

Irene always left Seugi her blood. For the past five years, Irene made sure Seulgi was well-fed. Since she was on her mission for three days this time, Irene packed five small bottles of her blood for Seulgi.

“You know if you drink human blood, you will be more powerful, right?”

Seulgi scoffed but didn’t answer.

“Well, since you got Irene’s blood, you were already more powerful than most of the noble vampires here.”

Seulgi brought one of the bottles from her bag, opened the lid, and drank the blood from the bottle until there was nothing left. She threw the bottle away and proceeded to walk in the opposite direction from Sooyoung.

“Hey. The second progenitor is talking to you.”

Sooyoung wrapped her arm around Seulgi’s shoulder as she was walking. The girl was only several centimeters taller but Sooyoung possessed this dominative aura. Most of the vampires were scared of her. She was like one of the strongest vampires out there, second only to Irene.

Talking about Irene, she and the first progenitor were the strongest among all the seven progenitors. It was one of the reasons why no one really dared to mess with Seulgi or ever questioned Irene’s decision to keep her around.

“Can you leave me alone?”

Sooyoung laughed and kept her grip firmly around Seulgi’s shoulder when the girl tried to push her arm away.

“We have been on many missions together yet you are acting like we aren’t close.”

“Because we are not close. I made it clear already that I hate your kind.”

Sooyoung laughed again. This time her laugh became a little louder.

“And what do you think you are now, Seulgi?”

This question stopped Seulgi from walking. Deep down, she knew what she is. A part of her just wished it wasn’t real. She wished she was killed by Suga so she didn’t have to live like this.

“You know what I am. I was turned into your kind unwillingly. I wasn’t even allowed to die.”

Seulgi clutched her fists in anger. Sooyoung took a step forward to face her.

“It is not that bad. We are going to take over the world. And I am sure you will live a great life after that. Irene seems to care so much about you.”

Seulgi scoffed, walking past Sooyoung. Seulgi was trying to look for other monsters to kill. After that, the army of the vampires would come here to take over this place and bring all the humans here into their place and keep them the vampires’ livestock.

“She would only put you in easy and safe missions. If there was even a small possibility of you getting hurt, she would order me or the seventh progenitor to accompany you—well it’s more like protecting you. Not that you need our protection though. I personally think you are strong enough.”

Seulgi took a deep breath when Sooyoung wouldn’t stop talking. If she could choose, she preferred the seventh progenitor better. Taeyong was a quiet boy. He would only talk when necessary. Something Seulgi felt grateful for. She never wanted to be in a conversation with any of those bloodsucking creatures. Seulgi hated them. Just as much as she hated herself.

“I wished Taeyong was here and not you.”

Sooyoung faked a dramatic expressio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter