second

The favorite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been two days on a mission with Irene. The north side of the palace was a huge jungle. The vibe was entirely different from where she went with Sooyoung. There were barely any houses, just many large trees, plants, wild animals, and many monsters. But monsters weren’t a problem. Before the monsters could have a chance to smell their scent, Irene’s sword was already on the monster’s neck, beheading it.

As much as Seulgi hated this, she couldn’t deny that Irene was indeed fast and strong. The vampire had the speed of lightning that Seulgi would never be able to execute. Seulgi didn’t even have to worry about a sudden attack from monsters or even the elite squad of the Imperial Demon Army. Seulgi knew with Irene, nothing could hurt her.

“Aren’t you hungry?”

Seulgi felt the grip on her arm tightened. Irene was wrapping her both hands around Seulgi’s arm as they were looking to clear the area. When the monster was spotted, the progenitor would be gone for several seconds to kill it and came back to leaning on Seulgi’s side and holding Seulgi’s arm. When Seulgi heard the question, she realized that she hadn’t had any blood for two days already.

Normally when she went on a mission, Irene would pack her blood in the bottles for her. Now that Irene was here with her, Seulgi didn’t get the packed blood. Seulgi turned to her left side to face Irene. The older vampire was shorter than her. Seulgi remembered when Irene was taller than her five years ago. She didn’t expect that she would outgrow Irene. It was something no one could joke about. The third progenitor was quite sensitive about this. That one time Suga joked about Irene’s and Seulgi’s height difference, his body was chopped three times straight. It was unfortunate that Irene didn’t activate her cursed sword or Suga would have been dead already. Irene did give a warning that if Suga ever mentioned that again, he would be stabbed a hundred times with Irene’s weapon activated. Seulgi knew Irene was serious. And Suga never talked about that again or anything that related to Irene’s height.

Seulgi wondered if Irene would get mad at her if she ever talked about their height difference. But Seulgi didn’t want to try her luck, maybe one day in the future.

“You always seem to have a lot on your mind.”

Irene spoke again, eyes turned crescent moon as the third progenitor smiled and continued her speech. “You blanked out most of the times, but this time, what was on your mind?”

Seulgi shook her head, didn’t want Irene to know she was thinking about their height difference.

“What did you ask earlier?”

Seulgi questioned. Irene’s smile looked as if it had never left her lips when she gazed at Seulgi.

“I asked if you were hungry.”

Seulgi her lips before slowly shook her head. She lied and she knew Irene knew it too. The vampire flashed a playful grin before she leaned in closer to Seulgi’s face to peck her cheek.

“Wait for me here.”

The third progenitor didn’t wait for the response and just disappeared as she wished. It took Irene two minutes to come back.

“Hello. I’m back.”

Irene’s speed was really something Seulgi admired. “Where were you?”

Irene shook her head, refusing to tell Seulgi.

“Come with me.”

Seulgi got dragged and it took one minute and a half for Seulgi to witness the most beautiful scenery she had ever seen in her entire life. In front of her was this huge turquoise lake with a mountain view from far away. She was surrounded by fresh green grass and some trees at the back. Seulgi knew words weren’t enough to describe what she was seeing right now.

“Knew you would love it, but that is not the point.”

Seulgi raised her eyebrows in curiosity. When she looked around, she was hit with a fragrance of blood. She spotted a lifeless body of a human just five meters away from where she stood.

“What have you done, Irene?”

The third progenitor dragged Seulgi closer to the body.

“I want to experience what you did to me five years ago.”

The taller girl knew it wasn’t something to look forward to. Because Irene had this playful lopsided smile. And when Irene smiled like that, it always meant trouble for Seulgi.

Irene brought the body next to where Seulgi stood. That person looked quite young as if he was in his early 20. Seulgi felt bad for the poor boy who might even have no idea that he was killed based on the time Irene was gone.

The third progenitor smirked before she buried her fangs on the person’s neck, the blood out of the body. During the whole process, Irene kept eye contact with Seulgi. She didn’t even blink when she felt Seulgi’s hungry gaze on her. Seulgi on the other hand was trying so hard to control her urge that it was starting to hurt her. felt so dry like she was in the desert with no water for days. Seulgi clutched her hands into fists as she tried her best to look away yet Irene didn’t make it easy for her.

The smell of blood was getting thicker and it was even more difficult to control herself now that she hadn’t been fed for two days already. Normally, Irene never left her with no blood for even a day. Dang it.

Damn Bae Irene for spoiling Seulgi way too much. Now it came to beat Seulgi in the .

“Stop it, Irene.”

Seulgi mumbled through her grinding teeth. When Irene heard this, her lopsided smile appeared again. Pushing the body away after she finished, the vampire moved dangerously closer to Seulgi. Irene took hold of Seulgi’s hand, lifting it close to her lips. The shorter pressed a soft kiss on Seulgi’s palm which had turned red from how hard she clutched it.

Seulgi’s fox-liked eyes lingered on Irene’s face, carefully watching Irene’s every move. Irene knew Seulgi would rather starve herself to death than drinking human blood. Seulgi would only drink Irene’s blood. And Irene knew it better than anyone. Seulgi believed Irene took pride in this. That one time Sooyoung jokingly said she could give her blood to Seulgi if Seulgi ever felt tired of Irene’s blood, the third progenitor actually punched Sooyoung hard on the face.

“Do you really have to do this to me?”

Irene flashed an innocent smile. If Seulgi hadn’t known Irene better, she would have thought the vampire had no bad intentions at all. Since Irene was dressed in a black long sleeve off-shoulder dress, she tilted her head to the side, pulling her hair in the same direction, and revealed her flawless porcelain neck to Seulgi.

“I know you want this, Seulgi. It is fresher this way.”

Irene stood so close to Seulgi. The lavender scent from Irene’s body was intoxicating and it was driving Seulgi insane. The girl knew one way or another, Irene was going to make Seulgi drink the blood directly from her neck anyway. This vampire had a habit of always want things to go her way and would do whatever was needed to get what she wanted. Instead of fighting the urge, Seulgi allowed herself to lean in closer to Irene’s flawless neck. Revealing her fangs, Seulgi took a bite on Irene’s skin, digging her fangs into it. The scent of the blood was dangerously addictive. And the taste. God. Please don’t let Seulgi start with how it tasted. Seulgi knew she could do this for her whole life if she didn’t hate it so much because it reminded her of what she was now. However, even with the countless time Seulgi had taken Irene’s blood, this time felt utterly different. Seulgi was trying her very best to push the third progenitor away but the vampire wasn’t being helpful at all.

“Take as much as you want, Seulgi.”

It took Seulgi all her willpower to stop herself from draining all the blood from Irene.

“I hate you.”

Seulgi mumbled when she finally got to pull herself away from Irene. The vampire was spotted in this beautiful smile that Seulgi hated so much. The third progenitor wrapped her arms around Seulgi’s neck and leaned in closer to the remaining blood at the corner of Seulgi’s lips.

“My blood really tastes better like this, right?”

With a playful grin on her face, Irene poked Seulgi’s nose. The taller scoffed as she wiped her lips. Her hunger had died down from the amount of blood Irene generously allowed Seulgi to take.

“I really hate you, Irene.”

The third progenitor just laughed, wrapping her arm around Seulgi’s waist, pulling the girl to walk together with her. Seulgi had never hated herself more than now for actually found it reassuring to be held like this.

 

They met a group of four noble vampires along the way. They were also on a mission but got ambushed by the elite squad of the Imperial Demon Academy and lost two of their men.

“Our mission was to bring those five human children to our place in the south. But we encountered the elite squad along the way. We tried to fight back but they were all way too strong for us.”

The leader reported to Irene who looked like she didn’t give a at all.

“Third progenitor, are you going to help us?”

One of the men questioned. Irene shrugged her shoulders uninterestingly. Her gaze stayed on Seulgi who was behind those vampires, just enjoying nature.

“We really need y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter