page two.

why we separated

“You take way too many pictures of me when we’re together.” Suryeon says as Yoonhee snaps another photo. Seemingly satisfied of the shot, Yoonhee smiled and kept her phone. “I can’t help it. You’re quite the beauty.”

 

Suryeon laughed. “What would you even do with those anyway?”

 

Yoonhee shrugged, “I like to look at them and think about how incredibly lucky I am.”

 

“Why take pictures when you can always look at the real thing?” Suryeon said as she jokingly strikes a pose.

 

Yoonhee faked a sad look, “You never know what happens in the future though.” Suryeon was slightly taken aback by this. “Are you thinking about breaking up with me, Yoonhee? Because I’m not going to let that happen. I was serious when I said that you won’t be able to get rid of me. I swear to god-“

 

Suryeon stopped talking when Yoonhee burst out laughing. “I was joking, sunshine. Only a fool would want to break up with you. And fortunately, I’m no fool.”

 

“Are you saying that my exes are all fools?”

 

“Yes. Every single one of them.” Yoonhee furrowed her eyebrows, as if carefully thinking about something. “I really don’t understand it. They had you, the Shim Suryeon, how can they even let you go? What was going through their minds? Fools, I tell you.”

 

“I don’t know and I don’t want to think about it.” Suryeon paused before saying, “Plus don’t you think it turned out to be in your favor? At least you have me now.” Suryeon jokingly added, “You should thank them, honestly.”

 

Yoonhee shook her head, “I don’t want to think that I owe them something.” Yoonhee grabbed Suryeon’s hand from across the table and gently caressed her knuckles, “I would rather think that in every reality that there is, we manage to find our way to each other.”

 

Suryeon softly smiles, “I can’t say it enough—I love you more than anything.

 

“You know I love you too. And I promise to love you back each day, every day.”

 

And at that point, everything seemed to disappear for the both of them, the only thing that mattered was that they’d choose each other come what may.