page one.

why we separated

"If I asked you to stay, would you?"

 

Suryeon looked at her, shocked by the sudden question. “What?”

 

“Just answer it.”

 

Suryeon cupped Yoonhee’s face gently and stared lovingly at her eyes. She wants her to understand what she’s about to say and realize how sincere she is. “Always.”

 

“As long as you want me then I’d always stay. You have my word.” Suryeon continued, “Scratch that. Even if you push me away, you can never get rid of me.” Yoonhee let out a small laugh. “I’m not joking. You better prepare yourself because before you know it, you’ll be sick of seeing my face and you won’t be able to do anything about it.”

 

It was Yoonhee’s turn to assure Suryeon, “Don’t worry. I can’t even imagine getting tired of you.” She jokingly added, “I mean, who’d cook me food if I lose you?”

 

Suryeon feigned a shocked expression, “Is that the only reason you’re keeping me around huh? I’m hurt.”

 

 “Of course not.” Yoonhee whispered, “You know I love you. More than anything.”

 

“And you know that I’m yours. For as long as you’ll have me.”

 

Yoonhee smiled, “Then forever?”

 

“Forever.” Suryeon said with finality as they stared into each other’s eyes, the stars in the night sky a witness of the kiss they shared.