Friend

Sugar, Spice, and a Bet is Nice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Risk it, or you'll regret it" that was the first thing that was playing Seungwan's mind when Joohyun ask what she was about to ask her for the dare, and Yeri is the one that told her those words. 

 

Believe it or not, she actually was 60% jumping into asking Joohyun and only 40% of staying being friends with her to not risk their friendship. 

 

What made Seungwan think if risking their friendship? 

 

First is that she was tired of seeing herself and feeling herself in pain every time Joohyun was with someone else, she was reminded on how Joohyun looks when she was still in love with Bogum. She knew she doesn't want to see Joohyun be happy with someone else other than her. Are you asking if she is jealous of Bogum? Yes.


 

Second. She doesn't want to see Joohyun get hurt by someone. She is tired of seeing Joohyun cry, it just hurts her seeing her best friend cry. And she wants to protect her. She remembers the moment when Joohyun feels terrible when she and Bogum fought when they were like on their way to break up. Everything was just so ugly and she wanted to protect Joohyun from that experience. 


 

And third, she just hates living like a coward. Living like you have no confidence in other things besides cooking. So this time, she just wanted to stop living the way she is doing, so she just started it to risk her friendship. Not an awesome start to risk, but she wanted to try. 


 

These three things are carefully considered by her mind after Yeri pointed them all out. 


 

"Seungwan Unnie, how many times did you get wasted and ended up spilling how much you want to punch Bogum's face every time Irene Unnie cries? Do you think that you only cared for her just as much as Seulgi Unnie and Sooyoung Unnie cares for her? No. It's obvious that you like her, okay? Don't even try to deny that. The way you look at her and the way you care for her? It's something else Unnie. The only thing who hasn't noticed that is Irene Unnie, she's dumb..." Yeri said as she continued washing the dishes. Yeri was the only one working as a dishwasher this day because Seulgi caught the flu and Sooyoung had to go for a day off to attend her sister's graduation. Yeri worked overtime and Joohyun's shift had already ended since they are already closed. So technically, Both Yeri and Seungwan are the only ones in the restaurant and Seungwan opened up about how Joohyun was being so clingy to her that day, until Yeri was saying what she said, Seungwan just kept being mum about it. 


 

Seungwan laughed when she heard the last sentence of Yeri, but that washed away when Yeri continued. 

 

"But you are dumber than her, how can you deny that you like Joohyun Unnie everytime we tease you to her?" Yeri said, Seungwan didn't say anything. She honestly doesn't know what else to say. 



 

"So please stop living like you are doing right now. Try to take a risk for once in your life. Stop being such a coward and try," Yeri said and for the first time, Seungwan actually considered Yeri's words. Who knows that the youngest employee actually thinks maturely out of them? 





 

.....


 

Seungwan was pacing back and forth in the living room of her apartment, phone in her hands, and her fingers typing letters to letters but always ending up deleting each sentence she makes whenever she was about to press the send button. 


 

She took a deep breath, stopped walking, and nodded her head. 

 

"Stop being a coward, Son Seung-wan, just go for it," Seungwan mumbled to herself while she tries to compose another message to send to her head chef. 


 

Are you free after work on Saturday?  She typed, she did not tap the send button immediately just yet, instead, she put the phone on the table. She lifted her pointy finger and aligned it on the send button. 

 

"1.."


 

"2..." 


 

"3..." 


 

After counting she then pressed the send and ran away from her phone. She faced the empty wall with her palm on her face. 



 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter