Their Friendship

Sugar, Spice, and a Bet is Nice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Note: Flashbacks are written in Italic characters

 

Queendom restaurant opened when Seungwan was only 24 years old. Of course, Seungwan knows that she can manage to be the head chef, so when she was looking for her workers she was looking for waitresses and dishwashers and also, a sous chef. She posted a flyer on her newly built restaurant that she needs co-workers to run the business and also implied there the positions she was looking for. She also posted on the internet via ads and other platforms too like newspapers. 


Joy was the first one to apply to her restaurant. She interviewed her, not the usual interview where they go sitting in one on one with Seungwan.

Seungwan's way of interviewing is like she is only just asking some questions to a friend. She even had music on. And of course, because the waitress is the spot Joy was looking for, she tested her on how she communicates with customers. They did some simulations here and there and Wendy was quite surprised at how attentive and comforting Joy is. She also tested how she holds the tray in serving the food. Seungwan thinks she needs some improvement in a few things but accepted her for the position because she knows that Joy will improve as time goes by.


Seulgi was the next to apply, and just like what she did with Joy, she interviewed her and tested her skills. Wendy was impressed with how fast Seulgi is in serving dishes and cleaning a table. So clearly, she accepted her immediately.

Yerim was the next one to apply, and she was accepted because she blackmailed Wendy. Well not in a bad way, of course, Yeri was just joking but Wendy had bitten the bait that Yerim threw. She said that the business will fail if she didn't accept her as the waitress. That is because Seungwan told Yerim that two waitresses are enough.

But because of what Yerim did, she got accepted too. Seungwan didn't regret her choice in accepting Yerim, because she observed her skills during their simulation. She keeps throwing jokes to the customer which was really needed. She needs a bubbly personality in her restaurant. And Yerim is the perfect missing puzzle for that. Yerim also volunteered to be the dishwasher as she says she is best at washing dishes especially when the plates are greasy, she observed her too, and clearly, Yerim was telling the truth. The plates are good as new and Yerim just boasted how her mother praised her for washing dishes in their house.


Seungwan waited till a sous chef came but it's been three days and no one ever came to apply. She was about to contact her friends in Canada and ask them if they are interested in joining her business. That same day too when Seungwan was typing her email to her friends in front of her laptop at the tables of the restaurant, it was around 10 in the evening, and it was pouring hard.


A minute later, she heard the door opened and there revealed a raven-haired girl who was soaked in the rain. Well not entirely soaked because she was wearing a hoodie which might have prevented her from being completely soaked in the rain.


Seungwan immediately stood up once she recognized who the girl was in front of her.


"I-Irene?" She asked, still can't believe that she is in front of Seungwan.


"Hi, Wendy," Irene just said and waved at the shocked girl with her smile on.


Wendy thought she can't see Irene anymore.


You might be wondering how did she know Irene, the answer to that is because Irene is her old friend during her classes abroad. They both took the same course and became friends the moment they found out that they are the only Koreans in their class.

Since her 1st class abroad, Joohyun is her classmate since then. That is why they decided on each other's English names. Irene for Joohyun, and Wendy for Seungwan.

 

They became close and even became roommates once they found out that they stay in the same dorm. But in their 2nd year, there was a new transfer student which was also from Korea.


Park Bogum, the name of the new transferee who happens to be the son of one of the richest restaurant owners in Japan and Korea. He has good records in his previous school in Japan but his parents decided to send him abroad to improve his skills more.


Irene and Wendy were laughing at each other's antics as they arrived in their classroom and once the teacher called for the student's attention, they both turned their heads to listen to the professor.


"Good morning everyone" Their chef professor had greeted them with a smile which the students returned as they greeted him back.


"Good morning, Chef!" The students greeted 


Once the professor started speaking, Irene moved her right arm to tap Wendy's left arm, implying that she wants to say something to Wendy. So Wendy turned her head to Irene. Wendy then noticed that Irene was just looking at a certain student in front of the professor.

"Looks like we have a new student," Wendy begins and nodded her head once they heard the confirmation from their professor. "He looks good,"


Once Irene heard it she immediately looked at her friend and giggled.


"Wow. That coming from you?" Irene said while still giggling

 

Wendy looked at Irene and answered "What? I just said he looks good. It doesn't mean that I wanna date him because I told you tha--"


"That you like to date girls right now because you think men are sometimes too possessive, I know, I know," Irene cuts Wendy's words and smiled and tapped her friend's shoulder "it's just rare to see you praising a guy" Irene pressed a burst of laughter at her friends' reaction


They both laughed after looking at each other. Their reasons for laughing? Only the two of them know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter