Be My Mistake

October Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song recommendation for this chap. Be my mistake by The 1975 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I woke up in the middle of the night with no one beside me. I look at my surroundings and noticed that the balcony door is opened.

I covered up my body using the comforter and sat down.

" Gi? " I tried to call her. Hoping she'll answer back

" I'm here " Giselle answered. I smiled and stood up getting a robe to cover up my body. I went to the balcony and back hugged her.

" Why are you awake? " I asked her while resting my head on her back.

" I can't sleep. " Giselle simply answered. 

" You're smoking" I said. She just hummed as an answer and puff the cigarette once again.

I sighed and asked her

" You only smoke when you're stressed. Why are you stressed? " 

" It's just....works stuff. You don't need to worry " 

" You got fired again?" I asked her, worry evident in my tone.

" No, just a petty problem with some co-workers. Go back to sleep now, you still need to wake up early tomorrow." she reminded me. She's really good at altering topics.

" What about you?"

" I'll just finish this then I'll go back to bed " 

I pondered for a moment thinking if I should stay here with her or go back to bed first. I chose the latter.

" Okay " I answered. Leaving a peck on her neck before going back inside and lie down on the bed.

 

I'm Ning Yizhuo, 24 years old and the person I just talked to is my girlfriend, Giselle Uchinaga 25 years old. We've been together for 5 years and 5 months now. We met at a bar, the way we met is too cliché it's funny. She's fresh from a break-up and I was looking for someone to have a fun night with . The first time I laid my eyes on her I knew she is the one. She's kinda hard to breakthrough. She's a tough and an independent girl. I remembered her not giving a to anyone and just minding her own business at the counter drinking continuously. But maybe I'm too enticing for her to ignore, I boldly asked for her name I was expecting to be rejected too but surprisingly she told me her name. That night I drank with her, listened to her problems, laughed with her, joke with her,.....and slept with her. I wish I can go back to that time...then maybe......No, I don't regret anything. I chose this because I want it. It's not for the best but I'm happy, she is my happiness.

I closed my eyes when I saw Giselle entered the room. I waited for the movements and noise to stop before opening my eyes again. She lied down on our bed her back is facing me. We're not always like this, it's just that there were times when she's not in the mood to talk. And this is one if those times.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Alarm clock Ringing 

I woke up from the sound of the alarm. The first thing I did is to look for her.

" Gi?" I asked loudly. Unlike last night, this time no one answered. 

I sighed. 

I should've known. I stood up and went to the bathroom to do my morning routine. After I did my morning routine, I was planning to drop by at Starbucks for breakfast but I saw foods on our dining table on my way outside. I immediately strided my way to look at it and saw a well-prepared breakfast and a note.

Note:

       Hi Ningie! It's been a while since I made you breakfast. Eat it well!

     I might be home late, don't wait for me. Sleep Early.

           Love, Giselle <3

I smiled. Damn, I love her so much. 

I'm already 30 minutes late but I took my time and ate the food at a slow pace trying to savor the taste of what she cooked. Even though this is just a simple breakfast she rarely cook so this matters dearly to me. After I finished the food I washed the plates first before going to work.

While driving I can't help but wonder what's the reason for Giselle's change of mood last night and today. She's also acting strange these days, she's jumpy and always anxious it's like as if she's hiding something. I'm over thinking again.

After 20 minutes of driving, I arrived at Yu's main building.

" Hi Ms.Ning! " the guard greeted me as he opened the door. 

" Good Morning to you too, Mr. kim" I told him while smiling and walk my way inside,Karina unnie must be very mad right now because I'm late........ again hahahahahahaha. 

 I went inside the elevator and pressed the 14th-floor button. 

If you're wondering what my job is, I'm the CEO here in Yu Clothings while Karina unnie is the chairperson. I was adopted by their family because mommy can't bear any more children they decided to adopt one. They told me my cheeks was the reason why they chose me. Well, my cute chubby cheeks are almost gone because this job is so ing exhausting, I just want to cuddle with Gigi every day. I'm almost near the 14th floor when the elevator opened and I saw........ I'm not expecting to see her this fast.

" Hi, Karina Unnie!!" I tried to blink my eyes to look cute, key word: TRIED. Guess what??? of course I failed.

" You're late again Ning Yizhuo! " Karina unnie said upset. If you're wondering how my name doesn't have Yu in it then stop wondering.....joke. After adopting me they decided not to change my birth name, as a respect to my deceased parents.

" Unnie, stop frowning the wrinkles on your face are getting more and more obvious " uh oh I think I just made it worse. She frowned deeply.

" Ning. Yizhuo. I swear if you don't have a valid reason for being late AGAIN I'll pinch that cheeks of yours so hard it'll swell. " As if she can do that.

" I woke up late again, okay? and -

" Oh my god! don't tell me you and Aeri did it AGAIN last night? Are you hamsters? You two do it like every day. Ew. " What the ??!

I looked behind Karina Unnie and noticed the employees looking at us. This stupid unnie is really...ugh! I pulled her inside the elevator and waited for it to close before pinching her arm hard.

" OUCH!"

" Unnie, what the hell?? Why would you say that in front of the employees?! And as if you and winter never did it" I said while rolling my eyes.

" uhhhhh sorry?? Wait a minute why am I saying sorry to you?? I'm the boss here and you are late! "

" I woke up late and Giselle made breakfast so....." I replied.

She sighed.

" But anyway, why the hell are you looking for me again? as far as I remember I can go to work anytime since I'm the CEO." I told unnie. She looked at me surprised.

" You forgot, didn't you? "

" Huh? Forgot what? " 

" Two days from now is Winter and I's 7th anniversary as a couple!!! " owww well I did forgot it hehehehhe. In my defense, I was busy keeping my girl, you know?

" Sorry I forgot. I just really have a lot on my shoulder these days" 

" It's okay. I just really need your help."

" What's your plan? " 

" I'm planning on bringing her in Boracay together with families and friends "

*Ding! 

The elevator opened and we went outside on the way to our assigned office.

" That's a good idea, unnie. I'm sure winter will like it " 

" I.........I'm planning to propose there as well " 

I looked at her with a surprised face. OMG!!!

"Oh my gee!!! Really?!?! You're going to tie the knot?!?! " 

" Well....it's been 7 years already since we became official. I'm ready and prepared to create a family with her" Awww my unnie is so sweet.

" How about you and Aeri? When are you going to tie the knot? It's been 3 years you know." Why'd she had to ask this?

" Soon maybe" I answered she was about to say something and I have an idea about what is it so I immediately open the door of my office and entered.

" I'll start working now, unnie. Bye!" I said not letting unnie speak a word and closed the door. 

Woohooh! I escaped another "question and you must answer portion with her." Thank goodness.

I sat on my office chair and opened my phone. No texts from her. 

I decided to check and text her.

Text: Gi? how's work so far? 

I turned off my phone after sending it because I know she won't be replying immediately. Giselle has been changing works from time to time. Like I said before, she's kind of aloof and terrible when it comes to communicating with other people. Will you believe me if I say I don't know what is her work right now? If not, then believe me I don't have an idea. She didn't tell me a thing....well I'm used to it anyway as long as she's mine it doesn't matter if she won't tell me. I respect her privacy. I just spent my morning doing work stuff and employees stressing the hell out of me. They had one ing job to do and they can't even do it properly? The team under me has been working here for almost 5 years and yet they can't present their presentation completely and on time? These people are stressing me out plus the fact that it's almost lunch and yet I haven't receive a response from Gi. 

*Knock Knock

I swear to god if this is another employee under that group I'm gonna burn their papers.

" What do you want?!! " I said almost shouting.

The door opened 

" Woah! Lil sis bad mood?" Oh, it's Karina unnie...

" A little. Employees stressing me out. Why are you here? "

" It's lunch and I want you to eat with me. "

" Why? where is winter? " I asked 

" Busy. It's been a while since we ate food outside together. And it's time for sisters bonding, you know?" 

" No, I don't." 

" Ning! " Karina unnie whines.

" Okay, okay. Geez I don't have a choice, do I?" 

" Yes. Now let's go you small baby " Oh, I am so gonna choke this unnie someday.

 

Not the choke you're thinking, stupid. That's disgusting. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

We're currently eating lunch and this unnie keeps on asking me questions. I should've known this would happen.

" How long are you gonna wait? " Unnie said.

" Until she's ready and can we change the topic now? " I asked her

" No. You're my little sister and I have the right to know if Aeri is treating you right. I'm just worried, okay? I know you're a very strong and independent woman but please don't keep it all, Ning. I'm here you can tell me what you feel, tell me your problems. I noticed the changes in your moods these days and I have a feeling this is because of her. " Karina unnie said almost pleading me to tell her what's the matter but...if I tell her she will surely have a "1 on 1 talk' with Giselle. Surely, that will not end up well.

So I'm not going to share anything. This is our problem, not hers.

" Nothing unnie. I'm telling you everything is fine, the mood swings are because of my period. Tell me your plans for the Boracay trip " 

Her face grimaced, she must be upset I didn't open up to her. It's for the best. 

She sighed and started telling me her plans. After a long 30 minutes of sharing her plans, I can only say

" Wow, unnie. You're really whipped for her huh......" 

" Yes. I love her so much and she deserves everything in this world." She said smiling widely. I'm happy that you're happy, unnie.

" So...who are you planning to bring along?"

" Exclusive for Family and friends only. "

Friends and family huh............so there's a possibility she will come too.

" It's almost 2:30, Unnie. I have a meeting at 3:00 let's go now."

She called for the bill and paid before we left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't stop thinking about the upcoming vacation. There's a big possibility she will come too and I don't want that.
" Miss?"
There are many what-ifs in my mind.
" Miss?"
They will surely meet and...
" Miss Ning, are you with us?"
I heard my name so I looked around and saw the board members looking at me. Oh !
" ah yes... so about your presentation..." Thank ing goodness I read the hard copy of his presentation earlier.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Until on my way home, I'm still bothered because first, work stuff, second, the vacation in Boracay, and third, there's still no reply from Giselle. I knew she told me earlier not to wait for her but the least she could do is to reply to my messages. 

I opened the condo with a tired body and a sulking face. What time is she going home?? It's already 8 pm. Since I'm too worn out to cook I just settled for a cup of noodles and a can of coca-cola. I entered the bedroom, lay down on the bed opening the television, and watch Netflix movies. Netflix and chill but solo version. I sighed for the tenth time and proceeded to watch Game of Thrones. I'm currently watching season 3 episode 1.

 

I'm so focused on watching episode 4 when I heard a noise in the living room. I paused the TV and stood up.

" Gi?" I asked as I walk into the living room. It's kinda dark since the lights are off so I can't see if she's here or where she is.

" Gi, where are you?" I asked hoping she will answer. I went to the switch to turn on the lights but someone suddenly grabbed and pulled me pinning me to the wall.

" What the , Gi?" I asked her angrily. I know it's her because I can smell her perfume.....and the reeking alcohol. 

She just chuckled before her hands went inside my shirt. ! here we go again.

" Gi! stop it you're drunk! " I tried to stop whatever she's doing because it's . ing hell. Am I really that ?

" I'm not." She began to give my neck light kisses, her hands went down massaging my .

" you, Gi! " I said as I moan, loving the feeling of her hands all over me. 

" Oh, I will " I saw her smirked before lifting me. I wrap my legs around Giselle, hands-on her neck before hungrily kissing her. ! it's been a day and I miss her like years.

She started walking on the way to our bedroom while I grasp her head and deepen the kiss. Once we enter the room she immediately put me down on the bed. I watch her as she strips off her clothes, why does she look so hot in everything she does? . I saw her almost undressing her undergarments.

" No! Keep that. I'm the one who's gonna strip that off. " She smiled and obeyed. Wow, normally, sober her will just do whatever she wants. 

" It's kinda unfair I'm and you're not" she said as she grab my shirt and strips it off of me. I, too, strip off my pajamas before pulling her down with me. Kissing her hungrily, groping her s. Now we are both in our undergarments. She was about to remove my bra when I forcefully changed our positions. She looks at me bewildered, she's always the top so it's no wonder she's shocked.

I just smiled at her teasingly and said " Not tonight, love ". I sat on her lap and slowly remove my bra while grinding painfully slow.

" Ughh ! Nina, stop teasing me." I stopped moving after hearing what she said. Nina................. I smiled bitterly. Of course, it's gonna be her. It's always been her. I ignored the pain and continued with what I'm doing. I ignored the war flashbacks of Giselle mentioning her name every time after she reaches her . I ignored the pain of knowing they're still seeing each other. 

Once again, the night ended with screaming her name while my heart is screaming in pain.

She won't remember what happened tonight or the other nights before, I know it doesn't matter to her but it matters to me.....every night and morning matters to me regardless of what I feel because I know someday there won't be a night or morning with her. For she will spend her night and morning with the person she loves......and that person will never be me. 

I stood up and went to the balcony. Thinking of my past decisions in life. Reminiscing what happened in the past few years and how it lead to this. From me eyeing her, to us sleeping with each other, had a few- no, plenty of hang outs and "friendly" dates that lead me to fall in love with her. Scratch that, I fell in love the first time I saw her. She's the one I want to spend my life with. Nina is the reason why Giselle was broken-hearted the day I met her at the club. Nina had to leave the Philippines and go back to Japan because her family wants her to continue studying medicine in her home country , she broke up with Gi because she doesn't know how long it will take for her to come back.  I sighed and looked up the sky, the stars are so bright tonight as I stare at the sky I suddenly saw a falling star. If I wish for something will it come true? Well, there's nothing wrong with trying it. I closed my eyes and made a wish. Let's see if my wish will come true. I went back inside since it's getting cold. I strided my way to her side of the bed and put the comforter properly to cover up her body. I stared at her with a smile. "Goodnight, My moon." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I woke up with no one beside me, again. I sighed and still called for her name hoping she will answer.

" Gi? " 

-S I L E N C E-

I sighed and stood up walking lazily on the way to the bathroom to do my morning routine. I think today is gonna be a boring day but I prefer this day than tomorrow.....I really wish Nina won't be joining the vacation. Did I mention before that Nina is winter's cousin on her mother's side? No? Well, now you know. What a coincidence, right? What kind of drama am I in? 

The day went by so fast maybe because all I did was to mope around. You can't blame me though. My girlfriend is nowhere to be found, I can't contact her, she's not answering my calls and messages either. I sighed for I don't how many times. Tomorrow is the vacation but I don't know what to do. I lift up my head when I heard a knock. It's almost 5 pm and I'm too tired to deal with if this is another problem I swear.... so I didn't answer hopefully that the person behind that door will get the ing clue. Another knock.....and another.....and another,.....

" What the do you want?!?! I'm busy comeback later! " maybe never.

The door opened and Karina unnie's face showed up.

........

" Where are your manners, young lady?" Karina unnie said lifting her eyebrows up. I rolled my eyes.

" I'm not in the mood right now unnie. So please if you're going to tell me problematic news just don't."

" How'd you know I'm going to tell you something?"

"Well, are you here just to stare at me or sit on my couch?"

" Where is Aeri to calm you the down "

I don't ing know either. She's been weird since last month. Maybe, she's with her......

" At work, now can you tell me why are you here and disturbing me once again?" 

She rolled her eyes before placing a paper in front of me.

" Papers is one of the last things I want to see right now, Unnie. For god's sake."

She rolled her eyes " Just give it a look."

I sighed and read the paper. Names? 

" What am I gonna do with these names?

" I remember you bugging me yesterday who will join us in bora and that's the list " she even made a list? My unnie is really organized. Wish all.

My mood worsened after seeing her name. So, she will come huh........

" By the way, you and Aeri will come, right? " Unnie asked. She doesn't have any idea that Giselle's ex is going with us tomorrow. No one knows that Nina and Giselle were exes because their relationship was hidden from everyone.

" Of course we will come. How can we miss your proposal for winter? " I said while smiling brightly at her. I'm happy Unnie has Winter in her life.

" Shhhhh. You're the only one who knows I'll propose to her tomorrow. And thinking about it is making my stomach churn." Unnie said worry evident in her tone.

" You'll do fine, Unnie. Winter will probably say yes even without you asking her." I said trying to comfort her.

I was about to say something when my ringtone echoed inside my office. I opened my phone and saw Giselle calling I immediately answered and signaled unnie to go out. Unnie rolled her eyes before going out. Hahahahaha

(a/n: Ning's is bold while Gi's is italic )

" Gi? did something happened " 

" Nothing Happened........are you busy?"

I'm never busy when it comes to you.

" No, I'm not. Why?"

" I bought your favorite foods. Can you go home early? We can watch some movies." 

Tell me how can I not love her?

" Yes, I'll be on my way now. See you later.....I love you "

" Yes, see you later." 

She ended the call. I smiled. At least she wants some time with me. I immediately called my secretary. 

" Yes,Miss?"

" Cancel my remaining schedule for today and for the next three days. Schedule it four days from now. Okay? "

" Yes, Copy Miss Ning" I smiled.

" You can go home after you re-arrange my schedule " 

" Thank you ,Miss Ning " She said and went out. 

I hurriedly get my bag and strided my way out of the building. Damn, I can't wait to see her. It's not rare for us to have movie nights...........it's just she's been busy this past few days. 

I arrived at home 30 minutes after. Traffic . As soon as I opened the door I saw Giselle setting up the food.

" Look who we have here " I jokingly said announcing that I'm here.

" Ning " Giselle said giving me a peck then hugged me.

" So......what's with the sudden movie night? " I asked her as I went to our room while she continues arranging the foods on the living room's table.

" Well, I miss our movie nights. That's all. Why? you don't want it? " I heard her asked. She must be pouting right now.

" Just not expecting it! " I told her almost shouting for her to hear. I'm in our room changing clothes so.... I didn't hear any replies after that. I did my night routine and made sure everything is settled before going back to the living room. I saw her starting to eat the burger while scrolling through her phone that made me really mad. How dare she eat first?!?!

" YAH! we are supposed to eat that while watching the movie! " I said while standing up, both hands on my waist trying to look intimidating. She stopped eating it and laughed at me putting her phone down.

" But I'm the one who bought this? "

" And you told me it was for me " 

" No, I didn't? I said I bought your favorites? "

" It's the same thing! "

" No, it's not! "

" Yes, it is! "

" Ning, there are 5 pieces of large Burgers, 2 Packs of Large Fries, 2 Milk teas, a box of pizza, a bucket of chicken and I'm just currently eating my first burger. So stop pouting and come here, sit beside me " 

" Not until you tell me that I'll have 3 pcs of burgers "

" Okay, you can have three so please stop whining and sit down here."

I'm still a little bit upset but still did what she said. I love her but my food is more important than everything else. Oh, wait, Giselle is greater than everything else.......

"Are we seriously going to argue over food right now?"

" But.........whatever. What are we going to watch? " 

" Your choice " she said while seeping in her milk tea. Ughhhhh this girl. She hates cheesy romance genre so i'm gonna let her watch one as a payback hahahahahaha.

I chose Me before you. I love this movie and sure she'll hate this. I think I cried for many hours when I first watched this, this movie broke my heart, it lasted for a week.

" Me before you? I think I've heard that before. Who's the protagonist?"

" Emilia Clarke. Our all-time fave character in Game of Thrones!!" I said. Trying to fool her that it's gonna be a great movie. Well, she can't resist Emilia.

As expected, she started nagging me to change it when she got the hang of what's the story will be. 

" Just Wait! will you? That will turn action later " and I can't ing believe she believed what I said. I'm trying so hard not to laugh every time I see her expressions whenever there are cheesy scenes.

" Where the is the action you're telling me?? It's almost an hour since we watched this!! "

" We're getting near! Just wait! and stop interrupting! " Yes, this is how we are when she's in a good mood. She rolled her eyes before focusing on the movie again.

She still believed me oh my god hahahahahahahahaha

The movie is almost done and I'm a mess. I'm bawling my eyes out even though I know this will happen. Well, Finding the Right Person at the wrong time doesn't mean God is wrong. It means you were there at the right time to fulfill something else. And Louisa fulfilled what Will needs, she made him feel loved despite his situation. Louisa respected Will's decision even though it will hurt her because she knows he suffered enough and that's why Louisa let him go.  She never said the 143 word but Will felt it, that's the most important thing over anything else. That's more than what love can be.

I suddenly felt someone wiping my tears.

" You cry baby. Look who's bawling her eyes now.....is this the action you were talking about? " Giselle teased me while wiping my tears Ughhhh I laughed while crying when she said that. I should've known I'll cry if I watch it again huhuhuhuhuhuhuh. Plan failed I guess..... I took a bite on my burger, still crying even though the movie ended already.

" I'll choose the next movie, okay? Stop crying now. " She said then scooted closer to me , putting my head on her shoulder. 

I've been spacing out for minutes when I heard the TV playing again. 

" What movie did you choose ?"

" Five feet apart " 

Five feet apart? Isn't that also a sad movie? I pinched her arms hard.

" Ouch! ! That hurts you know!" she said while massaging the part that I pinched.

" Stop teasing me! What's the movie?! " She rolled her eyes before answering " The Suicide Squad " 

" Oh, the new one? " 

" Yes. And this time it's legit action without crying " 

" Haha you're so funny " We turned quiet after that. While watching the movie, tomorrow's vacation suddenly came into my mind. ! I haven't told her yet.

" GI! " I almost laughed when she jumped up from her seat but held it in.

" What the hell! Ning!?"

" You're not busy tomorrow, right? Please tell me no!! "

" No, I'm not. Tomorrow we'll go to Boracay right? "

" Huh? How'd you know? "

" Winter told me!  " Hmmmmmm

" It's 7:30 now. What time should we pack? " 

" After this, I'll help you pack up our things " 

"Hmkay " so she knew it already....

After another

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter