-6-

She Calls Me Darling

"OMOGOODD YOU"RE TELLING ME SHE WROTE HER NUMBER ON YOUR ARM AND YOU HAVEN'T ING CALLED HER YET?!" Joy howled throuhg the phone. 

"She wrote yes or no? yes or no what?" Wendy retorted. "Chill out, it's only been like 20 minutes since she left. what am i supposed to say anyway?"

"That this is your number, duh!! AND THAT YES YOU WANT TO DATE HER!!!"

"D-date her? She didn'dt even write..."

"FRICKIN HELL! WENDY YOU YOU'RE DRIVING ME CRAZY! YOU'RE PROBALBY DRIVING IRENE CRAZY NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGING - FRICK! JUST TELL HER YES!!!!"

--

"Hello, darling." Irene replied so calmly when Wendy had the guts to finally call her.

"How'd you know it was me?" 

"I don't give my number to just anyone, and besides, anyone who does call me is either on my list or a scam."

"..."

"It's getting late, darling," Irene said after the awkward silence. "I'll be leaving in a few hours. Can't wait to see you when I get back."

"AH um..."

"What is it?"

"Er..." Joy said to say yes. Just say it. Say yes. Those words kept running throuhg Wendy's mind. "Yes."

It was silent for a few moments and Wendy was kicking herself wishing to replay the moment so she could do it right. "i...I mean, I l-k-k-li-you - "

After what seemed like eons, Irene finally chuckled. "Good night, darling." 

 

Wendy was so embarrassed she could hardly sleep. She could only imagine Joy laughing at her stupidly and telling her what an idiot she was. So she called her the next day, and Joy laughed at her stupidly.

"Do you think she undestood what i meant?"

"Yeah. Probably. I mean, she wrote yes or no, right?"

--

Jisoo shifted uncomfortably in her seat across from her friend Jennie. It was like she was on a mission and reporting failed results because she knew Jennie had unrealistic hopes about Irene.

And since the news, Jennie was in a bad mood.

Wendy and Irene - rumored couple? Jisoo guessed it was possible. Irene showed no interest in anyone other than Wendy so it was highly possible, which didn't look good for Jennie.

"She didn't want small talk," Jisoo said.

"That's it?" Jennie wasn't pleased.

"Yup."

"Ugh, what does she even like about Wendy?" Jennie grumbled. "There's nothing special about her."

Jisoo kept shut and let her friend vent. Jennie was pretty harmless, but she'd had a hard time in her childhood with her tiger conservative parents and pressure to be the very best. When Jennie didn't land the job position, she was very disappointed and her parents didn't really help with the situation. 

"Help me," Jisoo suddenly said.

"What?"

"Help me get Irene to notice me." 

Jisoo nearly spat out her drink. "The ? You can't just tell me to do that. Honestly, just leave Irene be. She's too cold in my opinion, and she's really straightforward. From waht I've seen, she'll make clear who she likes and doesn't like."

"She'll notice me. ANd then she'll see how much a better catch I am than Wendy." She stood up so dramatically that everyone in the dining place looked up, making Jisoo very embarassed.

--

So that's how Jisoo found herself on a mission she definitely did not ask for. It was all in the name of her friendship with Jennie, and honestly, she was hoping that finidng proof of Irene's disinterest in Jennie would help make her friend stop pursuing a relationship that would never be.

Her friend's infatuation was way too hardcore. 

Honestly, Jisoo might get in trouble for stalking her boss's boss.

I can't believe I'm waasting my precious time following Irene like this, she thought glumly and put on a pair of shades to conceal her already disguised body. She really coudln't get caught or else risk getting fired.

I could be playing valorant...she thought sadly. she was actually pretty good and about to reach plat.

"Ok, Irene Bae. Where are you gonna be?" she felt like a ssecret agent hiding in her car and waiting for a familiar slim cold person among the masses. Irene luckily did not fly out. She was just in Incheon, at an international convention, which meant that Jisoo would have to break her way in discreetly.

Jennie actually palnned well and bought a tag for Jisoo to wear to allow her entry.

Jisoo was just being dramatic.

Anyway, she spotted Irene dressed so cool, in high heels, dark dress pants, a blouse, and a long coat to complete the look. Jisoo was so shocked at how good looking Irene was she almost forgot her mission. 

, no wonder Jennie likes her.

Irene had a silent charm to her. What could possibly be captivating about Wendy?

 

Time for phase 1, she thought to herself, infiltration.

--

 

TO BE CONTINUE....

i stress bought a video game and i regret, but i really want it, but i should save money...but i'm not going to cancel the order because i want it.

even tho i should save money :(

but i want it.

 

also thanks for supporting my stories. till next time cool cats.