-1-

She Calls Me Darling

In all Wendy's 23 years of life, she never expected to find herself committing such highschool-ish acts at work.

She was inside the janitor's closet, her lips being deliciously carressed and kissed by Irene Bae, a business tycoon-ess who didn't even own this company building.

Thye hardly even knew each other. This was only maybe the seventh time they met in the last month becuase Irene Bae just kept coming over for a meeting with Wendy's boss. And Irene kept dropping by to Wendy's tiny office to bring her coffee and compliment her. 

Wendy was keeping count. She was baffled yet mesmerized, and happy that Irene was giving her attnetion, but it just felt a little wierd.

They never went on an official date, and they only met because Wendy happened to be attending the business convention with her boss a few months ago.She was basically his personal assistant, running around to get him food and drink, and also keeping track of his schedule and what meetings he had. Also, she had to bring him the crispiest, nicest tuxes from the only place he would get them from as well as very specific coffee from a place an hour away from the venue at the time.

"Wendy?" Irene breathed into her ear.

"H-hm?"

"I gave you a hickey."

Wendy gasped and turned to the tiny mirror on the shelf. Sure enough, there was a little mark under her jaw and there was no way she could cover it.

She was feeling all kinds of things right now, not knowing what to say, how to act, or waht cover story she would come up with if they got caught.

"I-I have to go back to work!" Wendy stammered and stubmled towards the door. 

Irene steadied her and calmly blocked the way. "What's the rush? The janitor starts from the top floor down. They won't be here soon. Besides." She pushed Wendy back against the wall. "I heard you're very hardworking and you've finished your assignments for today."

"W-well yeah, but I gotta send them..."

"It's already been done." 

"What?"

"Come to dinner with me tonight."

Everything was happening too fast for Wendy' to process but her heart was beating either with excitement or....

bzzz bbzzzb bzzz!

Wendy used the moment to recover as she pulled out her phone to see who could possbily be trying to contact her now.

"Joy?" she said in a hushed voice.

"Wen! Where the hell are you? I thought we were gettting lunch together!' Joy said accusingly. 

"Ah, ah! right! Sorry, I got busy..."

"Busy with Bae?" she could hear the smirk in Joy's voice.

"I-ill be there! Just give me a moment!" she hung up quickly and saw Irene watching her with interest and amusement. "I have to go now."

"Ok. See you tonight, darling." Irene said as Wendy quickly slipped away from the janitor's closet.

--

"Making out with Bae on the job?" Joy smirked when Wendy joined her at the cafe.

"Shut up, Joy."

"But you enjoyed it right?"

"..."

Joy chuckled and took a big mouthful of moist juicy chicken. "You work too hard. A girl's gotta have fun sometimes."

"It's not fun! It's...it's..." 

"Yes?" her friend leaned forward with interest.

Wendy shook her head and stuffed with food to stall for time. She really didn't know waht the hell this was between her and Irene. They only met because of the convention when they ended up at the same coffee house. Then, they ended up sitting together at a table at the convention for the big dinner. And then, when Wendy was taking a break at the poolside, Irene appeared looking hot as ever in a two piece suit. They spoke then, and Irene eventually went for a swim.

When Wendy went to the bar, Irene was there too and they sat together again at the counter with minimal conversation. That night, leaving the place together, Irene offered her a ride. The girl knew she shouldn't enter a car with a stranger, but all inhibition left her and she followed Irene. 

Nothing happened other than the first kiss Wendy ever had in her life. and it was the best thing ever.

Irene didn't ask her out though.

On the last day of the convention, Irene slipped her number into Wendy's coat pocket, the smell of her perfume being her last goodbye until they were fated to meet again only weeks later.

"You didn't call me," Irene said a little disappointed.

"A-ah..." Wendy didn't know how she was supposed to react. ANd she also got busy with work.

"No matter. Your boss and I are discussing important matters for the coming year. I'll be seeing a lot of you more." 

There were rumors that Irene wanted to buy the company, but the reasons were not disclosed.

"It just happened all too fast is all," Wendy finished.

JOy laughed. "She's really into you, Wendy. You should give it a chance."

"But she hasn't showed signs of interest in that kind of relationship," Wendy retorted. "Besides, I have nothing ot offer her."

"Aish, you - "

At that moment, Wendy recieved a text message from none other than the Irene Bae she had been kissing moments before. 

I'll pick you up after work. -Irene Bae

"Maybe she's trying to see if i wnat to be her sugar baby," Wendy said. "Isn't she like 30 or something?"

"Bruh, what? She's lowkey trying to ask you out!" Joy smacked her friend's shoulder. "Do I seriously have to spell out how romantic relationships work? Also," she pointed at the hicky on Wendy's jaw. "You're already at the making-out-at-work stage, as well as Irene always coming to bring you gifts since i don't know when. I mean, if that doesn't spell "Irene likes Wendy", I don't know what does."

They continued eating their food, and Wendy checked the time till they would have to head back to work. 

--

Wendy tried not to think about the things she discussed with Joy, but the kiss with Irene was really invading her focus. She was basically done with her assignments, but she didn't want to be idle. 

Soon, it was almost time to leave and she ran into her boss, who seemed in good spirits this evening.

"Irene Bae has agreed to work with us this year," Sehun told her. "We'll be learning from one of the top in the industry, Wendy. Be prepared and you might even get a promotion."

Wendy only nodded. She was tired and wanted to go home. But when she stepped out of the building, she saw Irene waiting for her in front of the decorative fountain, which reminded her for their date tonight.

.

Irene walked towards her, heels clicking against the pavement whiel Wendy dumbly stared at her.

"Hey," Irene smiled and reached for her hand. "ready to go?"

---

yooyoyoo! this will hopefully not turn into too much angst if any. This will be more like fluff becuase we need it and i also stressed af with work help.

hope y'all enjoy it.