02. Senior, I like you!

Senior, I like you!

 

Jiyeon's P.O.V.

Okay, so this wasn't as easy as it sounds... I have never been this close to Seungho...As in...Our backs are almost touching while he was building up the tent at the other side while I helped the others at the other side.

After building up the big tent where 10 chosen students would sleep in one big tent, our Leader started picking random people to go to their tent. I was so nervous at that moment and only wished I could be in the same tent with Moon Joo... and maybe, Seungho? That would only be a dream. I mean, he's a guy so he goes to the guy’s tent.

"Kim Moon Joo and Park Jiyeon," the leader called, telling me and Moon Joo to go to the other big tent. We were nine people in it and one is missing. We didn't have an idea that the one who would be in that empty spot is Yoo Seungho.

"Senior, why are you here? I thought girls only are allowed in this tent," Moon Joo said, eyeing me. I just kept silent.

Before Seungho could give a reply, the leader approached us and said "I trust him, ladies and besides he's going to borrow to Park Jiyeon because she's the only one who doesn't care to share her things. So, he's sleeping here with you girls. Don't worry, he's a trustworthy person."

"You bet he is," a girl said behind me. Oh, well, it sounded good... But bad at the same time... What if he sees me drooling? Oh my gosh! I should get rid of him! I thought.

That wouldn't work either.

"Okay, everyone! Let's start with the first activity first!" The Leader announced.

* * *

First, we played tug of war. I was in the same group as Seungho. Unfortunately, weren't close. I was at the back, trying hard to pull along with them, it was really hard and I kept on falling down every time the girl in front of me steps on my foot.

"Aish!" I clicked my tongue and got up again. I was really unlucky.

After the game, I was so tired so when it was time to go to bed, I hastily laid down beside Moon Joo in the tent.

 

Author's P.O.V.

Seungho was still outside when it was 7pm. He had finished his dinner, brushed his teeth using Jiyeon's toothbrush and stayed outside watching the stars. It was just a little bit boring.

But Jiyeon... He couldn't get her out of his mind. He remembered when he first met her. He thought...A child like her...actually likes him? He's not saying that she's a showy type person but a childish person. He found out she liked him...Well, because her friend told him. She should really choose her friends, someone she can trust...

Kim Moon Joo, Seungho still haven't gotten over her. He still likes her 'till now. She was just one of his friends but he developed feelings over her because he thought she was interesting and he wanted to befriend her. They became friends... She doesn't know about his feelings for her but he's planning on telling her.

An hour later, the leader came. He was surprised he wasn't asleep yet so he followed his instructions and went in the big tent. Everyone's asleep...They were all girls inside and almost every spaces are taken except one is empty. He sat at the very edge beside Jiyeon; there was a pillow prepared and a blanket too. Without hesitation, he lay down and turned his back on Jiyeon who was already sleeping. He slowly closed my eyes...

Finally, he fell asleep. It was too early to go to sleep. Only one activity for a half day and the next two mornings are the last days.

The next day, Seungho woke up. Fluttering his eyes open, the first person he saw was Jiyeon. She was still asleep and he was hugging her. They were so close to each other. Jiyeon was sleeping like the way a baby sleeps.  Seungho sighed and was about to get his hands off her but then he felt her skin...She was burning.

"Jiyeon-ah," he barely whisper and touched her forehead. He looked at Jiyeon sleeping; she looked so tired, pale and pity. Seungho watched her sleeping for a long time, as if frozen in that position. When he realized that he had been staring at her for too long, he quickly sit up and hugged his knees while looking down at Jiyeon.

Beside Jiyeon, Moon Joo was also there sleeping as well as the others. Only Seungho was awake. He doesn't even have an idea what time it was until the bell rang.

"WAKE UP EVERYBODY! WAKE UP! IT'S EXERCISE TIME!" The leader shouted while ringing the bell. Everyone woke up. Moon Joo almost jumped when she saw Seungho there.

"Senior!" Moon Joo called, smiling. Jiyeon at the same time opened her eyes and sit up while rubbing her eyes. She yawned and lay back down.

"Oh, Jiyeon-ah, wake up already. Don't go back to sleep." Moon Joo said, "We'll get scolded. It's exercise time." Moon Joo and the others started putting on their jacket. Moon Joo gave Jiyeon her jacket and Jiyeon wore it too.

"You're sick," Seungho said, putting on his jacket. Jiyeon wasn't expecting that Seungho was only behind her. Her eyes widened and she was tongue-tied. She can't believe Seungho was there all the time. He probably saw me drooling or something, she thought.

"Jiyeon-ah, you're sick?" Moon Joo asked, touching Jiyeon's forehead.

"No. I'm fine," Jiyeon lied although she felt tired. She hastily stood and walked out of the tent blushing. I just wish he didn't see me drooling, she thought again.

Everyone started exercising in the morning shine. Jiyeon was trying her best to keep exercising and behind her, Seungho was watching worriedly. Why is he even worrying? He asked that to himself.

Then they started jogging, it was all so tiring for Jiyeon. Sweats were falling all over her face but she didn't give up although she was having a fever.

"Are you okay?" Seungho ran along with her.

"Senior," she called breathlessly, faking a smile at him. She didn't want to look weak in front of him; it would only give him bad impressions about her. "I'm fine! Really!"

After running for that long, Jiyeon went to the drinking fountain and washed her face with water.

"Jiyeon-ah," Seungho called. Jiyeon looked at him with her face still wet.

"Oh, senior...What's wrong?" she asked, wiping her face with her face towel.

She suddenly stunned when Seungho handed her a bottle of cold water. "Here, drink this." Seungho said. I don't even know why I'm doing this, he thought to himself, smiling at Jiyeon like he never did before.

"Huh? Who? Me?"

"Yes. You. I'm not thirsty anyway. You can drink it."

Jiyeon smiled and took the bottle of water from him, she looked at him again. "Thanks senior!" She said and drank the water.

"You shouldn't really join anymore activities. You're sick; you should go home before it gets worse."

Jiyeon actually felt so good that Seungho cares for her...Although she has no idea why. He was never like that before. Maybe... Before he got bored over Facebook and stopped going online. Jiyeon thought. 

"I'm really okay..." Jiyeon said and washed her face with the water from the drinking fountain again. She wanted to feel warm and cold water all over her body so she washed her face; it was making her feel better despite her fever.

* * *

It was break time and Jiyeon went back to the tent where she meets with Moon Joo. She talked to her about how Seungho was so caring over her.

"How I wish I'm always sick so he would always worry about me," Jiyeon said, pouting.

"Are you kidding me? In your condition, you might faint somewhere."

"Not really. I feel so energetic today. I'll show you," Jiyeon winked an eye and grabbed Moon Joo's hand. "Let's go run then I'll feel better."

"No way! I don't want to hurt you! You're tired already," Moon Joo refused.

"Then I'll go by myself." Jiyeon said and walked away.

"Ya! Jiyeon-ah...Aish, why are you so stubborn."

* * *

Jiyeon joined different activities during camp. She even joined fist games, where her first opponent was a girl and then Moon Joo joined. Jiyeon won the fist to fist game against the first girl, everyone was so amazed. Seungho's mouth just dropped seeing her won even though she had a fever. 

Moon Joo was the next opponent and it wasn't expected Jiyeon would win again.

"No more anymore?" Jiyeon asked, looking at the tough guys then she gulped. "Just not the tough guys." She laughed. Suddenly, Seungho sat on a chair opposite her and slammed his hand on the table in front of them. Jiyeon stiffened.

"Senior?" she asked. "Don't tell me you want to fight against me?"

"Yes. Let's try." Seungho said and then both started the game. It took a long time for the game between the two finish but somehow, Seungho's fist turned into nothing but weak as he stared into Jiyeon's eyes. Don’t look at me like that. Why is this happening? Her eyes... He thought and looked away.

BAM!

"You lose." Jiyeon said simply and smiled widely at him. Everyone cheered for Jiyeon.

"Oh my God," he muttered under his breath.

* * *

After that, it was lunch time. At first, Jiyeon didn't have the appetite to eat but when Moon Joo was teasing her for getting too thin and malnourished; Jiyeon started grabbing any food and ate them all.

Seungho watched her eat and his mouth dropped open. He forgot to eat his food but then his friend snapped. "Ya! Yoo Seungho! If you're not eating it then I will!"

"No!" Seungho shouted and started eating as fast as he can while taking glances at Jiyeon. "I'm eating this! I'm hungry!"

"Slow down or you'll choke," Jiyeon abruptly said. Knowing who said that, Seungho looked up at her and choked. Jiyeon gasped and quickly handed him a glass of water, Seungho sipped it and looked at Jiyeon.

"You choked me." Seungho said.

"What are you talking about, Senior? I'm innocent." Jiyeon said and started laughing.

* * *

During the pleasant afternoon, they played different games; listened to the speaker the leader had called to come and so on. Later, Jiyeon was about to get back inside the tent and rest but then she heard Seungho talking with someone.

"Do you like Jiyeon?" a guy asked.

"What? Jiyeon-ah? It's not like that---" Seungho replied.

"If not her then who? I've got a feeling you like someone, man."

"Someone?" Seungho smiled, "I only like Kim Moon Joo." When he said that himself, his smile faded and so did Jiyeon. Instead of going inside, Jiyeon stayed outside and waited for the two to come out.

Shortly, the two came out and Seungho's guy friend started teasing Seungho. Jiyeon just blushed.

"Ya! Yoo Seungho! Moon Joo or Jiyeon?"

What a ridiculous question. Jiyeon thought.

"Don't listen to him, Jiyeon-ah." Seungho defended himself.

"Ya! You like Jiyeon-ah don't you?" the guy asked him, shoving him like a little kid. "Say the truth!"

"I don't like Jiyeon, okay?" Seungho said out loud and turned to Jiyeon, who froze and looked at the ground. Seungho hurriedly went away and his friend ran after him.

Jiyeon felt her tears running down her cheeks. Hearing him say that in front of her, it felt so painful as if her heart was broken into pieces. It could have been better if he said it behind her back... It could have been better if he liked someone else not her best friend.

Jiyeon went back to rest that afternoon. She wasn't really feeling well. When she couldn't sleep, she just cried and her eyes were red and sore. She took a pen from her bag and wrote something on the tent. After that, she fell asleep with the pen on her hand.

Seungho came in a while later and found Jiyeon asleep. He found that she was still burning with fever so he took a bucket of water and a towel so he could take care of Jiyeon. He took the pen she was holding and read what she just wrote. 'Senior, I like you.' 

When reading what she wrote, he remembered when he shouted he doesn't like her. He wasn't sure that the 'senior' she meant was him or that he just didn't want it to be him, he still felt sad about it. He once again pondered what he truly feels about Jiyeon.

* * *

Afterwards, everyone gathered in the bonfire. Jiyeon didn't have an idea that Seungho was there taking care of her earlier. She doesn't care anymore...If he took care of her. She is still heartbroken knowing that he likes Kim Moon Joo and Moon Joo doesn't even know about it.

During the bonfire, she was so quiet. The leader suddenly called her name.

"Park Jiyeon, your turn." The leader said.

"My turn to what?" She asked, dumbfounded.

"Share you talents. Open up. Explain why you chose that song."

So that's why she had been hearing different voices singing different songs. She wasn’t paying attention earlier, because she was so serious relating the song to her own little love life.

Jiyeon just smiled and nodded her head. She started to sing her favorite song. She was singing beautifully, everyone couldn't take their eyes off her. Especially Seungho.

'Senior, I like you!' Seungho remembered the words he read, the first memories she had with the childish Jiyeon whose name kept popping out in his Facebook account and the little memories he had with her during camp. When they played together, every time Jiyeon cursed herself for falling in the tug of war, for exercising when doesn't feel like it, washing her face that it made her looked prettier, eating so that she won’t get malnourished, sharing her towel, clothes and toothbrush with him and she even followed him in this camp. How come he never thought of her like this before?

"Who was that song for?" The leader asked when Jiyeon finished.

"Eh?" Jiyeon asked. "I just felt like singing it."

"Is it for Seungho?" Seungho's friend asked then everyone started teasing Jiyeon and Seungho.

"No, it's not." Jiyeon said.

"It's not? Oh, right. I almost forgot. Seungho belongs to Moon Joo." The guy said and laughed. The others laughed too but Seungho, Jiyeon and Moon Joo didn't.

"What?" Moon Joo asked and looked at Jiyeon.

"I...I got to go." Jiyeon smiled and left.

"Jiyeon-ah, wait---" Seungho stood but his guy friend dragged him down.

"Let her go, man. Relax. “The guy said. “The girl you like is Kim Moon Joo, our little junior girl."