FIVE: FINAL

Missing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Memorial Park

 

A bouquet of flowers was placed in front of the grave.

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany made a small bow to show their respect.

 

"I'm sorry for haven't visited you for so long. A lot of things happen lately. How are you?" Taeyeon let out a small smile. "It's been more than a year since that incident happen"

 

They pause for a while, looking at the grave in sorrow feeling. Tiffany held Taeyeon's, squeezing it. He turned to look at his wife to see her small smile, telling him it is okay.

 

Taeyeon turned his attention to the grave back. "I didn't keep my word... I hope you'll forgive me, Sooyeon..." His eyes well up with tears.

 

Flashback

 

*BANG!"

 

Before Yuri managed to fully pull the trigger, Sooyoung acted faster by shooting right to Yuri's arms.

 

Yuri kneels down once more, and the gun escapes his grasp. His arms were streaming with blood. Taeyeon instantly kicked the gun away and forced him to the ground, lying on his stomach with his hands behind him. Taeyeon quickly kicked away the gun and pushed him lying on his stomach on the ground holding his hands behind. At that time, Taeyeon really feels grateful that Sooyoung was a sharpshooter.

 

"LET ME DIE!!!" Yuri screamed, struggled to escape.

 

" YURI, THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM!" Taeyeon handcuffed Yuri to prevent him from moving. He watched his friend cried and it hurts his heart because he didn't look the same anymore.

 

Yuri looked broken.

 

"Soo, call the ambulance"

 

End of flashed back

....

 

"You have a visitor, Inmate 1205" Yuri looked up from his book and see the officer standing in front of the door. He didn't respond and stood up silently. He was handcuffed and taken to the visitor's booth by the officer.

 

"You have 10 minutes," the officer told Yuri, who didn't seem to be paying attention as he stared at the visitor. Yuri's eyes never left the person as he sat across the booth, facing the person behind the mirror.

 

For a few seconds, they didn't say anything to one other.

 

"It's a surprise to see you," Yuri said "Shouldn't you be afraid of me?"

 

The person sighed "To be honest, I'm still frightened... and I'm still angry at you for what you've done to us."

 

"Then what do you want, Tiffany? Do you want me to apologize?" Yuri looked at her with a cold stare.

 

"I'm not going to expect to hear it from you because it seems like you are still angry at Taeyeon"

 

"..."

 

"I come here because of him"

 

"For what?"

 

"To tell you everything after Sooyeon's death"

 

"You think I'll forgive him even if you tell me this?" Yuri asked, frowning.

 

"I don't ask for your forgiveness, Yuri. But there's something I'd like you to know."

 

"But it doesn't change that the fact Sooyeon was dead!"

 

"Yes, it won't change the fact Yuri. But Taeyeon was also affected by Sooyeon's death. It happened right in front of his eyes. Do you think he can really smile after what happened? Especially when he promised his best friend that he would protect Sooyeon"

 

When Tiffany received no response from Yuri, she continued.

 

"Yuri, you're mistaken about one thing. You thought Taeyeon was ignoring Sooyeon's death but-" Tiffany paused, taking a long breath, "He never ignores it. In fact, he tried to repay his mistake without stop until today. No one knows about this except me and Sooyoung. Taeyeon didn't want you to know because he still felt guilty"

 

"...."

 

"He never asked for it to happen. No one asked for it. After the incident, every night, Taeyeon would dream about it. Sometimes he would cry in his sleeping and he wakes up every day with the image of that day. He could barely smile anymore after that and it took him months to recover from everything"

 

"Are you telling a lie? He was perfectly fine! Even after Sooyeon died, he can still smile!"

 

"That is because of you. He doesn't want you to find out about it."

 

Yuri went silent and Tiffany sighed. "I'll tell you from the start, Yuri"

 

"You were on leave for a week after Sooyeon's funeral. At that time, there were a lot of things Taeyeon did in secret for Sooyeon. While you were sad over her death, he went to her apartment to collect her stuff and return them to her family. He begged on his knee in front of Sooyeon's parents, asking for their forgiveness. Even after that, Taeyeon still pays a visit to her grave and cleans it every month and he never missed it. He did it all without your knowledge"

 

"But Taeyeon knows this is still not enough because his guilt to you is still there. It just... he doesn't how to face you and tell you. He understood why you were gone for a week, so he promised himself that when you returned, he will always smile in front of you since he doesn't want you to be sad. He forced himself to smile in front of you every day, but who knows what he is thinking within his heart."

 

"Maybe Taeyeon doesn't feel like how you feel towards Sooyeon but he had assumed Sooyeon like his sister... same like he assumed you as his brother"

 

Yuri looked away "I don't need someone like him as a brother..."

 

"Yuri, I understand you're still upset, but you need to know-"

 

Yuri looked at her

 

"Taeyeon has never forgotten about Sooyeon."

 

...

 

"I'm home!" Tiffany walked into the apartment, looking for her husband.

 

"Babe?"

 

"In the kitchen!" She heard the reply and went over there.

 

"What are you doing?" Tiffany saw him at the kitchen counter.

 

"I'm making dinner" Taeyeon quickly washed his hand and wipe it. He smiled, opening his arms to welcome his wife into a bear hug.

 

"I miss you" Tiffany wrapped her arms around his waist

 

"Me too" Taeyeon cupped her face, kissing her lips "Where have you been?" He asked.

 

"Please don't get mad at me," Tiffany said as she stared up at him.

 

Taeyeon chuckled, caressing her hair "Why? did you made something wrong?"

 

Tiffany paused "I... went to meet Yuri" Tiffany waited for Taeyeon's response, but he remained silent.

 

It took seconds for Taeyeon to speak.

 

"But why?"

 

"Because I believe Yuri has to know everything,"

 

Taeyeon broke the hug and he went to the living room, sitting on the couch.

 

"Tae, are mad at me?" Tiffany sat next to him when she saw the guy was silent.

 

"No... It just, I don't know what should I do, Fany-ah" There's a regret tone coming from Taeyeon. Tiffany moved closer and pulled him into her embrace. "It's my fault Yuri become like that"

 

"Yuri chose this. It's not your fault, Tae, that he chose the wrong way to express his anger." Tiffany pulled away and cupped his face, making him look at her eyes.

 

"Tae... Do you think... you will be able to forgive Yuri?" Tiffany gave a sad smile.

 

"Honestly... I don't know Fany-ah. I never expected him to act like that and I almost lost you. It's hard for me. I'm angry and I want to hate him but I..."

 

"You cannot hate him, right?"

 

All of a sudden, tears flow from his eyes. Taeyeon was sobbing hard because he felt a deep ache, an awful sadness in his heart.

 

"He's like a brother to me, Fany... but why must he..."

 

Tiffany wiped his tear away, kissing his lips, and leaned her forehead to his. "Then take it slowly, Tae. You don't need to forgive him today, or tomorrow, or the next day. Just take your time until your anger slowly fades"

 

 

 

7 years, that was a time Taeyeon took to forgive Yuri and for Yuri to accept everything. He has admitted that no one was to blame for Sooyeon's death, and Yuri realizes deep down in his heart that it is not Taeyeon's fault that Sooyeon died but he chose to ignore it and let the anger and hatred taking over his heart, blinding him to the truth.

 

After one year of the incident, Taeyeon finally visited him for the first time in the prison after convincing by Tiffany. They have a long talk that day and there was awkward, anger, sadness, and mixed feeling between them but no matter how long it takes, they know they need to forgive each other because...

 

They are still like brothers.


 

And 7 years


 

It took to heal everyone's heart.

 

 

 


Without forgiveness, life is governed by an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation – Roberto Assagioli

 

 



 

Yuri took a deep breath as soon as he stepped out from the area of the prison. It had been a long time since he had breathed fresh air outside of the prison, and it felt amazing.

 

"Hey"

 

Yuri turned his head and smiling when saw him come out of the car and walking to his way.

 

"Hey" They greeted each other with a bump fist.

 

"How do you feel now that you've left this place?"

 

"Nice. 7 years inside this place, now I know why everyone said a prison is a place."

 

Taeyeon laughed.

 

"Appa!" Taeyeon turned around to see his little toddler running towards him, followed by Tiffany.

 

"Hey, don't run. You're going to fall" Tiffany warned her daughter.

 

Taeyeon's daughter went to embrace her father's leg and hide behind it, her head looking up at Yuri in curious as this is her first time to meet Yuri. Taeyeon smiled as he ruffled his daughter.

 

"Hello, Yuri," Tiffany said, a little smile on her face.

 

"Hello, Tiffany," he said, smiling back before lowering his eyes to the toddler. Yuri knelt down to her height.

 

"You must be Irene, right?"

 

Irene nod slowly because she was shy. "Hello, I'm Irene Kim and my Korean name is Kim Ju Hyun, Appa said," Irene said shyly, slightly bow before hiding behind her dad again.

 

Yuri giggles at her cuteness. "Hello, Irene. My name is Kwon Yuri. And I'm your Appa's friend" Yuri replied.

 

"Appa's friend?" Irene looked at him cutely.

 

Yuri nodded before he stood up again "Heol, you're really cute like your Appa told me. How old are you now? The last time I see your picture, you were still baby"

 

"She's five now" Taeyeon picked up his daughter, carried her in his arms and Irene wrapped her arm around his neck.

 

"Samchon, if you're appa's friend, then you're my friend too. Like a Shikshin samchon"

 

Her remark was received of laughter from three adults.

 

"Shikshin samchon? Sooyoung?" Yuri asked.

 

"Eoh, she has been called Sooyoung with the name even though he had taught her to call his prop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter