THREE

Missing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Name, Tiffany Hwang. Age 28. Working as a dentist at Hwang clinic. And she is..." Sooyoung hesitated to continue, his gaze falling on Taeyeon, who sat at the far end of the table meeting. 4 officers were gathering inside the meeting room for a quick explanation before they could take action.

 

"Detective Kim's wife."

 

"Keep going, Soo," Taeyeon murmured calmly, but his heart was racing like crazy.

 

"This tablet was sent to Detective Kim this afternoon. Most of the photos of his wife were found inside it along with a video" Sooyoung re-played the video on the projector, and everyone watched it. Taeyeon had to turn away since he wasn't willing to see it again.

 

"This incident is suspected to have occurred this morning at the basement parking lot near the clinic where the victim regularly parks her car," Sooyoung continued after the video had ended. "The exact time is still unknown since detective Yuri is currently obtaining CCTV footage from the location. However, two last texts were sent to the victim's staff, ms. Sunmi at 7.21 a.m. and the last one was around 8.27 a.m." Sooyoung showed the texts from Tiffany to Sunmi on the screen.

 

Byungho raised his hand "The last text was sent at 8.27 am saying that she couldn't come to work however the victim was seen at the parking basement near her clinic, is there a possibility that the last text actually came from the kidnapper?"

 

"Yes, Eun Seok" Taeyeon responded with a serious tone. "Tiffany did indeed arrive at work early, as she had previously informed Sunmi. When she arrived at the car park, however, the kidnapper assaulted her and sent Sunmi a message saying she couldn't come to work."

 

"So this incident could happen between this time?"

 

"Yes," Sooyoung nodded.

 

"How about her phone? We can trace the location"

 

"No use, it was turned off. And also-" He was abruptly stopped by a knock on the door. Yuri came in a rush and panting since he just had to run.

 

"I got the footage. And as you expected, the car was missing" Yuri showed the Pendrive he was holding before handing it over to Sooyoung. Because the location was close to the station, Yuri was able to obtain the footage quickly. The man instantly inserted it into the laptop and began playing the parking lot CCTV footage.

 

The same view of how Tiffany got kidnapped appeared in the video and the body of the kidnapper could be seen clearly. He was dressed in a black jacket with an inside hoodie and a leather glove. And the time showed it happened around 7.31 am where it was a time that not a lot of people coming to work yet because there was still a lot of empty parking at the place.

 

The guy put the weak Tiffany into her car and shut the door. He then unexpectedly turned to the CCTV camera, his face hidden by the phantom mask, and waved slowly towards it.

 

"D-did he just wave to the camera?..." Eun Seok asked while watching the video. The guy entered the car before driving it away from the basement.

 

Taeyeon gritted his teeth, balling his fist tightly. "He already expected that we would come to get this footage. He is playing with us" Taeyeon glared while watching the video.

 

What is the meaning of this?... Why does it have to be Tiffany?

 

Taeyeon instantly stood up and the entire team turned to face him.

 

"I want you guys to move in partner. Byungho, Eun Seok, please track down the delivery guy who delivered the parcel and look for any information about the sender. Yuri and I will go to the traffic unit to trace the car through CCTV. Sooyoung, you stay here and inspect the tablet and also look through the video again to see if there's anything we're missing. Is it clear?" He asked for the last time.

 

"Yes!" Everyone answered.

 

"Move now"

 

....

 

"It was a silver Hyundai Santa Fe" Taeyeon told the traffic officer the type of Tiffany's car and her last location and time. His eyes were focused on the screen computer while the officer was looking for the video with the information stated by Taeyeon.

 

"Here!" Yuri pointed at the car when he immediately recognized it inside the video. The car was leaving the basement and made its way to the big road. The officer was quickly looking for another CCTV to see where the car went and asking other officers to find the car on different CCTV too so that the search could be faster.

 

After 30 minutes of searching through all of the tapes, the car was finally spotted entering the port area and was not caught by other CCTV at a nearby location, even after hours. That means the car came to a halt in the area. Unfortunately, there weren't many CCTV provided in the area which caused their search to become limited.

 

"At least we know where the car went" Yuri tried to convince his friend. Taeyeon nodded before both of them left the traffic unit to immediately go to the last location of the car was seen.

 

They ran into Sooyoung holding the tablet, as they were leaving the station.

 

"Did you guys find anything?" Sooyoung asked as they hurriedly exited the station toward Yuri's car.

 

"The car was last seen entering the area of the port. We're heading there" Yuri explained.

 

"How about you?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"No, I don't find anything inside this except for the video and photos. Nothing strange was discovered in the footage from the underground parking lot that could be a hint." Sooyoung sat in the back seat car while Yuri was the driver.

 

"I will call a backup. It's possible that the kidnapper and Tiffany are still there. We need to search the place" Taeyeon said while he took a police siren from the compartment car and placed it above the car. "Yul, drive faster"

 

"Yes!" He replied before stepping on the pedal harder, leaving the police station area.

 

....

 

Two patrol cars arrived at the same moment, and Taeyeon ordered them to split up because the area was just so large. They searched the entire port, rushing in between the large containers in the hopes of finding the car. The sun was about to set. Taeyeon came to a halt in the alley, panting even harder.

 

"..." He cursed alone, clenching his fist harder.

 

Suddenly his phone rang. Taeyeon took out his phone and saw a number he didn't recognize. He swallowed his saliva before picking up the call.

 

"Hello?..."

 

"Did you enjoy my little show, Detective Kim?...." Taeyeon was greeted with a rough voice.

 

His heart starts to race, and his anger begins to boil over. Taeyeon could tell it wasn't the kidnapper's real voice since he could tell whether the person was using a voice changer.

 

"Ya bastard, where is my wife?..." Taeyeon asked, holding his anger. "What have you done to Tiffany?!"

 

He chuckled "Calm down, detective Kim. It's still too early for you to vent your anger on me."

 

"What do you really want from me? Money? Just tell me how much you want it for and I'll give it to you! Give me my wife back!"

 

The person on the other end of the line laughed.

 

"Soon you will give me what I want, Detective Kim. Let's continue playing this game since I still have a surprise waiting for you." The voice said before the line was disconnected.

 

"H-hello?! Yah!" Taeyeon screamed out of his lungs. His breath was ragged from the anger he keeps inside for too long.

 

Then a sound was coming from his walkie-talkie. It was Sooyoung. "Guys, I found the car..."

 

Taeyeon didn't wait anymore as he ran faster to the place Sooyoung said.

 

He quickens his steps as soon as he sees Sooyoung and Tiffany's car hidden between a narrow alley of containers.

 

"Taeng..." Sooyoung gave him a concerned face.

 

Taeyeon didn't reply as he scanned around the car. Taeyeon opened the back seat door and was taken aback by what he saw.

 

"..."

 

He froze in his spot. Taeyeon's legs suddenly became weak, and he sat on the ground.

 

Sooyoung patted his shoulder "We cannot make the conclusion yet..."

 

"Hey!" When Sooyoung looked up, he spotted Yuri running toward them, followed by other police officers.

 

"What's wrong?- Oh ..." Yuri took a glance at the backseat.

 

It was full of blood.

 

"I'll call the forensic" Sooyoung said.

 

...

 

"It was animal blood," The forensic officer said.

 

"Animal blood?" Yuri frowned. The sun has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter