Second

Those Cheeks Got Me (F title)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was glaring from the window of her room. She grunted lowly, squinted the eyes and rubbed her sleep away. It’s the weekend so, she didn’t have to go to the store. She rolled to the other side of the bed, reaching for her phone. 9 a.m. Slightly stretching her aching body, she sighed. Sleep was getting to her again. She didn’t sleep well for the whole week. The work her dad gave her plus her own job at the convenience store starting to take a toll on her body. Suddenly, her phone rang.

Mom <3

“Hi mom. Good morning.” She said lazily, still sleepy.

“Seungwan my baby. Are you coming today? We miss you.” The woman on the line faked sob. It was so obvious. Well based on her mom previous career as a model, Shon Nayeon also have great acting skills, part of being in the same industry.

She couldn’t help rolling her eyes, smile never wavers. “Mom, we met a few days ago.”

“But that was a few days ago! Today is today Wannie. Come home.” Her mom’s voice trembled at the end of the line.

Seungwan knew what her mom meant by that. She wanted her to live with them. They never agreed to let her live alone to begin with. But they still respect her decisions which she’s very thankful of.

“Mom, I’m coming over.” She said as she sat the edge of the bed and walked out the door. She grabbed her towel, still listening to her mom.

She heard a scoffed. “Fine Wannie. Come over. Your dad misses you too.”

“Alright. What’s the plan for lunch today? Am I cooking?” She grabbed her toothbrush and started to brush her teeth.

“Oh, baby how sweet. You always cook for us.” Her mom sounded excited when she heard Seungwan was going to cook for them.

Even though Seungwan didn’t live with them anymore, she always dropped by sometimes, cook for them, she thought by doing that she could reassure them that she’s not going anywhere. She’s not living in a different city for them not to see her at all. Her parents are both affectionate towards her and her brother. Of course, she couldn’t say no when they asked her to come home frequently. It was like she’s the one spoiling her parents.

She gargled . “Okay mom. I’m going to wash up. I’ll buy some groceries before going there.”

“Okay Wannie. We love you!” Her mom made some kissing sounds. She replied to her several I love you’s, giving more smooches than her mom did, making her mom hang up in happiness and annoyance. She laughed in amusement and went to wash up.

“Okay, what should I make today?”

Seungwan was already at grocery store. She’s eyeing the vegetables in her hand. Her other hand was holding a basket and her phone to see the ingredients. After she was done picking some vegetables and other ingredients, she figured she could bake some muffins for dessert. The Shon had always been a big eater, which made her cheeks this cute. They are cute, she admits it. She grabbed some flour, eggs, baking powder etc. She remembered she had used them all from the previous baking session with her mom. Although, she baked most of them, her mom just watched and became the taste tester. So, she needed to make more for anything literally.

“I think these are all I need.” She was checking the basket in her hand, making her way to the counter to pay before she bumped into someone.

“Ouch!” The woman grumbled loudly as she fell on the floor with a loud thump.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry! Are you okay?” She was busy looking at the stuff until she didn’t see where she was going.

“Y-yeah I’m okay.” She looked at the other person and saw a pair of monolid eyes. Once the woman looked at her too she gasped. The woman quickly put her hand on as if she didn’t just let out any sound. Seungwan scanned her whole body to see if she caused any pain she couldn’t help feeling concerned for the woman. She helped the woman got up on her feet.

“Ah, I’m very sorry.”

“No no it’s okay. Um, you should look in front when you walk.” The monolid woman tried to but it didn’t sound like it.

“Haha, my bad. Maybe I can buy you something in return. Coffee?” Seungwan offered sincerely. After a while of silence, Seungwan noticed she sounded like she was flirting with her. She quickly raised her hands and shook them violently, face looking terrified if the woman take her words badly.

The monolid woman was amused as Seungwan was very expressive. She extended her hand instead for a handshake. “I’m Seulgi. Coffee sounds great. I’m thirsty after getting bumped into and fell on my bottom.” She teased.

Seungwan felt guilty and relief at how playful this woman in front of her is. She was glad that she accepted her offer. She reached for the handshake.

“Wendy. I’m sorry once again but do you mind if we do the coffee thing some other day? I’m kind of in a hurry now. I’ll tell you what. I’ll give you my number so we can plan something out.” Seungwan scratched at the back of her neck feeling awkward about the whole situation.

Seulgi couldn’t help to think that she kind of scored a date with her best friend’s crush. She didn’t know how to feel about this. She never though that she would bumped into Wendy. She took this to her advantage. Starting from her head to her toes, Wendy’s image was embedded in her brain. Having the privilege to look at her best friend’s crush up close, this woman is very beautiful. Her voice too dripping like honey. She must tell Joohyun about this. The woman would be ecstatic, maybe she could best friend about this too.

“Yeah sure that sounds good. You’re not going to bail right?” Seulgi’s eyes showed mischief as she said that.

Seungwan saw that and laughed in amusement. “No I’m not. Will you?”

“Of course not! It’s free coffee. Oh, by the way.” Seulgi stared at Seungwan seriously. “I’m not going to date you. It’s a date but a friendly date okay?” She pointed her finger at Seungwan, jutting her lips out in the process.

Seungwan couldn’t help to think that she’s cute, just like a teddy bear. Realisation hit her like a truck. So, Seulgi did think that she was trying to score a date. She quickly shook her head left and right.

“Just a friendly date! That’s all!” She confirmed. Finally, she saw that eye smile from Seulgi. The smile made the woman more attractive. She shook her head again silently. What’s wrong with her?

“Um, may I have your phone? My number…”

“Oh, sure.” Seulgi handed her her phone. She typed in her number and gave the phone back to Seulgi. “Text me or call me I don’t mind.”

Seulgi nodded excitedly. They bowed to each other saying their goodbyes. Seungwan turned around first to pay for the stuff in the basket. What she didn’t realise was a bunch of her photos were taken by Seulgi as soon as she walked away. An evil smile was plastered on Seulgi’s face. She opened a chat to a certain Bae, attaching the photos she had taken tagged ‘saw your angel’. She put her phone in her pocket. It wasn’t even a minute later, her phone was buzzing and ringing non stop. She ignored them and continued her groceries shopping.

“Seungwan!” Her body was embraced tightly by her mom once she reached home. She didn’t escape a few kisses landed on her cheeks.

“Honey, is she here?” Her dad peeked from the kitchen. His eyes twinkled after he saw her. He came over and gave her a hug too.

“Wow, you bought a lot.”

“What’s new dad.” She chuckled. Her dad grabbed the bags she carried to the kitchen. Her mom excused herself to go and water her plants at the garden. She started arranging the ingredients on the kitchen counter, grabbed the apron and rolled her sleeves up. She was too occupied until she ignored the presence of her dad that didn’t move from previous spot.

“Oh god dad. Why are you here? You can wait with mom. I got this!” She smiled cheekily.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter