First

Those Cheeks Got Me (F title)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Daddy! What's the meaning of this?!"

A booming voice was heard as the old man was enjoying his afternoon snack by the veranda. He sighed slightly at the familiar voice. He placed the cup he was drinking coffee from on the little plate on the table. He brushed his hair with both of his hands, rubbing his face after just to prepare to face his beautiful daughter.

"M-Miss, please wait!" A male voice was heard, obviously trying to calm the woman down.

"What do you have to say to this? Do you know about this too?!"

The woman was fuming in anger. How could he arranged a date with his business partner's daughter without telling her first? She wanted to punch something but waited a little bit longer to get some explanation from her beloved dad. She stormed hurriedly to her father office, knowing fully well that he would be there. Upon reaching the said room, she slammed open the door.

"What is this daddy?" She almost ran to the table her dad was siting at, throwing a bunch of documents in front of him.

"I found that contract on my table this morning. Do you know anything about this?"

The old man once again sighed, reaching his daughter's hand to pull her to sit beside him. Luckily, she didn't reject the invitation. However, she also didn't stop the glare she was giving him. It sent chills down his spine, reminding him of his late wife. He smiled gently when he reminded of his wife, how similar his daughter is to her.

"Daddy, you promised your friend to marry me to his daughter? I refuse!" She crossed her arms siting anxiously, waiting for answers. She didn't want to get married, at least not to someone she doesn't know. Plus, she already had eyes on someone. What made her more angry, she told her dad about that said individual. She didn't understand why her dad set her up like this.

"Darling..." He reached for her cheek, rubbing it softly. "Why don't you meet her first? You might like her." The woman scooted away from his touch. She couldn't believe her ears. Her face was burning red, the old man swore he could see a red flag raised at the top of her head. He couldn't help but coughed a little to clear his throat. Yeah, very much like her mother.

"D-darling, have you seen the documents?" His hands reached for the documents that was thrown on the table in front of her. He flipped through the pages and found what he was looking for. He showed it to his daughter. She rolled her eyes in annoyance. She didn't see the need to look at the other pages when the first one already set her mood down the drain. The woman was doing her daily routine, including waking up at 6 in the morning, freshen up, making herself a small breakfast since she can't cook for her dear life, changing into her formal attire, enjoying her breakfast while checking the schedule for the day on her iPad, everything was perfect. When she reached her office room, ready to start working, she saw this papers that were not related to anything she had to do that day. The first page written as 'Contract for Marriage' caught her eyes right away. And her name stated in it. She screamed from inside her office, calling for her secretary.

"Yes Maam! Reporting for duty Maam!" A woman in her mid twenties entered her office, one hand saluting at her while the other was holding a piece of bread. She figured the poor girl was having her breakfast. But, right now there is something more important than her secretary having breakfast.

"Kang Seulgi, who put this on my table?" She pointed at the documents, grumbling lightly not wanting to scare the girl but she couldn't help it.

The woman named Seulgi blinked cutely before she answered with a smile. "I put it there. Your father's assistant came earlier and asked me to give this to you. He said it was from your father." The woman clicked her tongue loudly.

"So, Suho came here?" Seulgi nodded her head fast.

The angry woman pulled her handbag to find her phone. She tried dialling her dad's phone but, couldn't connect. He was definitely running away, for now. She slammed her hands on the table, startling Seulgi in the process. The latter however already used to this kind of situation with the young CEO. She is a little bit hot - tempered.

"Seulgi." Seulgi's name was called suddenly.

"Yes Maam."

"Clear my schedule in the afternoon. I'm going home early today. I want to visit my dad." Seulgi was trying hard not to laugh because the young CEO looked constipated, trying to sound like she wasn't going to kill anybody.

"Sure Maam. I'm going to cancel your meeting with the director of Shon Enterprise."

The woman froze on her spot. Seulgi snickered watching the CEO's action. She purposely mentioned the name that was familiar to the woman. A cough escaped the woman's throat. Of course, she forgot that it was the Shons' she is meeting today. A small smile tugged on the corner of her lips. Suddenly she's feeling giddy, wanting to meet a certain person. She snapped her head towards Seulgi when she heard a small giggle coming from the said girl.

"Do you have anything to say Seulgi?" She crossed her arms in an intimidate manner. Nobody can laugh at a Bae. Even if it was her cute secretary slash drinking friend slash frenemy (only on her side, because a Bae is very prideful to admit that she is a friend) slash her best friend forever.

"Um, no no Maam. I was just wondering, do you really want to cancel today's meeting? I heard that it is very important, even the director himself will come."

The woman kept quiet for a while. "Just the director?" Seulgi blinked again, acting confused. She knew exactly what that meant.

"Most probably yes. It will be the director and his secretary, if you want specifics." She smiled her teddy bear smile wanting to be more convincing to the woman in front of her.

"O-oh, okay. Um, yeah cancel it. I don't care how important that is. This - " She motioned to the papers scattered on her table. " - is more important than my life." She rubbed her temples, slowly pulling her chair to sit down.

Seulgi stood there thinking if she should ask the question to the CEO. The woman saw her secretary was still there, fiddling with the bread on her hand.

"What is it Seulgi?"

"I want to ask, do you have anything you want to say to director Shon's daughter if she's here?" Her left eye almost twitched in excitement, but she didn't show it. A Bae never gets excited about someone, they get excited about her. She pretended to flip through the work documents on her table to show her disinterest.

"No, nothing. Is she going to be here?"

"No." Seulgi answered merrily.

The woman once again slammed the document shut, glaring at the girl in front of her.

"Do you have a death wish Seulgi?"

"No, Maam!" Seulgi saluted at her again before she dashed out of the room to her own table, continuing gobbling down her bread like a happy kid.

The young CEO couldn't believe she got played like that by her secretary. It is still early in the morning for god sake. She and Seulgi had known each other since high school. Seulgi being the outgoing person she is, she always had her way annoying the Bae. In her defence, her reactions were priceless. As time goes on, she let Seulgi by her side without them declaring that they are indeed best friends (again Bae's pride). They went to university together and being the CEO in the making, she had invited Seulgi to work for her after a few years she became the CEO. To be honest, she had fired almost two digits of her previous secretaries. She was too hot - headed for them. The cute monolid woman only laughed at her and said yes. She was an inspiring artist. She hadn't been a responsible adult like she should, so when the CEO invited her she quickly agreed. She was in a slump anyway to continue drawing. It was a breath of fresh air. The CEO was happy but of course didn't show it.

Back to where things were, she did a quick eye glance to the documents given by her dad on the table. After a while reading it, her eyes grew larger as she read more of the content. She snatched the documents from the table and scanned again with those perfect doe eyes. Is this real? couldn't stop opening and closing like a fish.

"Ahem, well? What do you think?" She quickly turned to face her dad, almost snapping her neck in the process.

"D-daddy, is this true? H-how did you do this daddy? I'm pretty sure she - " A pair of arms wrapped her entire body into a bone crushing hug. She couldn't believe her eyes. She looked at the name written beside hers in the document; its written, Shon Seungwan, Wendy. The girl of her dream. The love of her life. That was what she had been calling Seungwan as, only without the other girl knowing. Or else she will be called creepy. No one calls a Bae creepy, even though she is, kind of.

"Darling, do you want to meet her at least?"

"How daddy? How did you get her to sign this papers?" He let go of the hug.

Since, his daughter told him about the girl of her dream, he started to investigate about this person. He paid a bunch of private investigators to know about her background and such, whether she would be a good partner for his beloved, spoilt daughter. Turned out, the person was his friend's daughter whom never went public before as the daughter of his friend. He didn't know why is that. After thorough investigations, he finally knew why. It was not like his friend had a child out of marriage with his wife. He doubted it anyway, since Shon is such a loyal and genuine person to begin with. Seungwan wanted to live her own life without the help of her father, it was as simple as that. At first he was very confused because his daughter told him a thing or two about Wendy, not Seungwan. Of course that was the case, Seungwan has two nationalities and Wendy is her English name.

Anyways, he liked Seungwan even before meeting her himself. Seungwan is currently living alone in a small apartment in Seoul, working as a cashier at a nearby convenience store, and she has cute chubby cheeks. He already saw his future grandchildren in his dreams sometimes. His daughter knew how to pick a life partner. He was proud of her. Anyways, he decided to meet his friend, Shon and asked him about Seungwan. He was ushered through Shon Enterprise by the receptionist to the director's office. The receptionist knocked on the door when they arrived at the floor.

"Come in." A voice as heard from behind the door.

"Yes, what is it Sooyoung?" So, that was the name of the receptionist.

"Excuse me Sir, Mr. Bae from Bae Industries is here." She replied politely, ushering him towards the said man.

Finally, looking away from the papers on the table to the guest inside his room.

"Oh Bae! I'm surprise you're quite early my friend." He stood up from his chair to give a hug to his friend. Mr. Bae reciprocate the hug gladly. He missed his friend. It has been a while since they last met. Even if they did projects together sometimes, it was always handled by his daughter, Joohyun.

Shon let go of the hug and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter