DAHLIA

MYSELF #2: No more laughing

We eat at our favorite restaurant, in Hongdae. “I think Yuqi and Soyeon have to tell you something.” Minnie says. Why? Why does she have to say that? I look at her, angry. “Unnie, please—“ But Soyeon cuts me. “I guess we just kissed each other a few times.” Oh gosh. Soyeon too. I want to get out of this place. I’m so embarrassed. I can’t look at Soojin, Miyeon and Shuhua. “You two?” The younger says. I can’t say anything. “I won’t judge you.” Miyeon says. I finally look at them. They’re all just surprised. Soyeon gives me a kiss on the cheek. They smile. “Actually, they’re so cute.” The main dancer says. I smile. Maybe it’s not the worst way to announce it. “How did you know it, unnie?” Shuhua asks, looking at Minnie. “I saw them kissing this morning.” They don’t look angry. We keep eating. When we return at the dorm, Soyeon goes casually in my room. She kisses me and then we go to sleep because we are very exhausted. I sleep like a baby. Soyeon wakes me up at 9:00AM for the practice. This morning, from 10:00AM to 1:00PM, we’re practicing new choreographies. After the practice, I go to the studio alone because everyone has separated schedules. I continue rapping and finish a song. The rap dance song is called Never die. It’s about death and fears. It’s mainly about my thoughts when I was young, always thinking about the worst. But it’s a very good song. I record it along with Hold my hand so we can go far away. I’m almost halfway! Maybe I should write the song with the others. It’s 6:38PM and I almost ate nothing. I return to the dorm to eat.