Partners in Crime

Love Me or Hate Me

Bang Yong Guk stood there, a bit surprised. He mentally slapped his head for being so stupid. He should've thought that Young Mi was her twin in the very beginning. He chuckled causing Young Mi to raise an eyebrow.

"What's so funny?" Yong Guk couldn't stop smiling. He looked at her, and his smile would make any girl blush. Young Mi wasn't an exception. She looked away, and tried to calm her heart from beating so fast.

"I'm just amazed at how stupid I am. I can't believe I didn't think about it before." He smiled and noticed Young Mi wasn't looking at him. He smirked and put his hand below her chin, and turned her face so that she was looking at him. Her eyes grew wide and her face was now as red as a tomato. 

*Wow. So . . . cute.* Yong Guk blinked his eyes and gulped. But, he wasn't going to look like a love struck idiot in front of her. He quickly put on her playboy face back on and smirked.

"I know my handsomeness is too hard to handle, but you have to look at me if you want to help me get revenge on your sister." Young Mi blinked her eyes and sighed. She pushed his hand away and took a step back, crossing her arms. She looked at him, straight in the eyes, and gave off a serious aura. Yong Guk chuckled at her sudden change.

"Why do you even want revenge on her? How exactly did she ruin your life?"

Young Mi's fist were clenched and her head was down. She took a deep breath before looking up at Yong Guk.

"Because of her selfishness. . .I had to suffer. . .my father had to suffer." Young Mi was beginning to show a side Yong Guk never expected to see. He could tell how much she had suffered just from the way she spoke. But, to his amazement, her eyes didn't show pain. Only strength . . . and anger.

The two sat down and Young Mi began to tell her story.

"Hyori is naturally selfish. From the moment she was born, she's wanted everything. Too bad for her that she was born to a family of poverty." Young Mi smirked. But, she sighed.

"That never stopped her from getting want she wanted though. When we were in middle school, she would always talk about leaving for the city and becoming a big star. At that time, I also had the same dream. I thought together we could accomplish that dream. But, Hyori's goal was slightly different from mines. I wanted to become famous to help our family live a better life. . ." Young Mi looked down at her hands.

"Why did Hyori want to become famous?" Yong Guk waited for a reply. Young Mi looked at him with disgust in her eyes. 

"That didn't think about her family. She wanted to become a famous celebrity and pretend that she was never born into a family of poverty. She's ashamed of us. Our parents worked hard all their life, and their daughter won't even appreciate them. I'm the one who should be ashamed of being related to her." Yong Guk frowned. He understood how Young Mi was feeling. He also felt Hyori was ashamed to be around him in the past. 

Young Mi saw his expression and gave him a small smile before continuing.

"When we turned 14, out mother passed away. She worked hard all her life. It's not a surprise she died so young." Yong Guk saw the tears forming in her eyes. He wanted to comfort her, but Young Mi just smiled at him. She was strong and Yong Guk knew that.

"Our father was getting weaker day by day. He became very ill when we turned 15. Hyori and I had to work in the fields since our father could no longer work. Each day was tiring, but I knew it was worth it. That's the only way we could survive. But, for Hyori . . . each day was just another reason to leave." Young Mi sighed.

"And so she did. We didn't know it, but Hyori had gone into the city a few times. She was scouted and became a trainee for a large entertainment industry. She left without saying a word to us." Yong Guk put his hand on Young Mi, but she quickly took it off and glared at him.

"Don't pity me. I don't need pity." Yong Guk had chills go up his spine.   Note to self: don't try to comfort Young Mi.

"I continued to work, but it was obvious I couldn't earn enough money to support my father and I. We were running out of food and I couldn't afford to pay for our house. On top of that, my father needed medicine. I couldn't do it. I couldn't stand seeing my father suffering any longer." Yong Guk was shocked. He didn't realize someone like Young Mi experiencing any kind of hardship.

"I had to leave to go to the city and find a job. My father ended up going to a elderly home. Most of the money I earned was to pay for my father to stay there." 

"So, how did you survive on your own if you didn't have any money?" Young Mi smiled.

"I was lucky enough to run into my best friend who had also come to the city to pursue her dream of becoming a singer. Because of her . . . I was able to have a roof over my head , food to eat, and clothes. She's more of a sister to me than Hyori will ever be. When I learned Hyori had become famous, I was furious. She has no idea what I had to go through."

"Who's this friend of yours? Is she also helping you get revenge on Hyori?" Young Mi giggled.

"Minzy . . .is too sweet to be a part of a revenge plan." Young Mi grinned thinking about her adorable bestie.

"Minzy? Minzy of 2NE1?!" Yong Guk was surprised. Young Mi chuckled lightly.

"Surprising isn't it? I'm so proud of her. She's accomplished so much from the last time I had seen her. I've always wished she was my sister, but fate is cruel." Young Mi sighed.

"Exactly how are you going to help me get revenge on Hyori?" Young Mi raised and eyebrow.

"How am I supposed to help you if you haven't even told me why you want revenge. I know she broke your hurt and all-"

"Just like you, Hyori was ashamed of me. You probably noticed Hyori wants the best and only the best. Well, when we first met, I was just a poor boy living in the countryside. She broke up with me, but before she left me I swore to her I would become just as famous as her . . . so that I could be with her. But, she still wasn't impressed because I wasn't number one. I'm just number two." Young Guk scoffed.

"Hmm. Sounds like a a good reason to get back at her. So, you probably have a plan to get back at her, right." Young Guk smirked.

"Of course. It's quite simple. Hyori hates being humiliated. So, I'll just become number one. She'll break up with Jongup, ask to be with me, and I'll just reject her in front of everyone." Yong Guk grinned proudly over his plan. Young Mi began to laugh, leaving Yong Guk dumbfounded.

After wiping the tears from her eyes, Young Mi looked at the angry Young Guk.

"Yah! What's so funny?!" Young Mi tried not to laugh.

"You're plan is waaaay too simple. This isn't a prank. This is a plan for revenge, Yong Guk." He looked away, slightly blushing. Young Mi smiled.

"You're plan isn't bad. You just need to add details to it. While you're becoming number one, you can't leave Hyori waiting. You need to lure her in, and then make her grab onto the bait." Young Mi mimicked a fisherman. Young Guk raised an eyebrow.

"If you're so smart, then what do you suggest?" Young Mi smirked.

"Well, let me explain MISSION ONE: THE FROG PRINCE." 

"Frog prince?" Yong Guk grinned. "Explain."

"You said Hyori is dating the number one singer, Jongup. So, all you have to do is make Jongup seem like a complete jerk. Hyori might have dated him because of status, but she's like any other girl. She wants someone to love." 

"Ok? I'm not following." Young Mi rolled her eyes. "Well,sorry. I don't know how a girl's mind works."

"And this is why you wouldn't get anywhere without me." Young Mi tapped his nose making him scrunch his nose. "We'll make it seem like Jongup is cheating on her. She'll need a shoulder to cry on. That's where you come in. But, you can't comfort her right away. You have to act like you've moved on. Play hard to get." Yong Guk nodded his head agreement.

"That could actually work." Young Mi nodded.

"Also, this mission will actually ruin Jongup's reputation, making the number one spot easier to obtain."

"We're.  .  . actually gonna do this . . ." Young Mi held out her hand.

"You can back out now because there's no turning back." Yong Guk stared at her hand.

"Partners?" Young Mi waited for a response. 

Yong Guk held her hand with a firm grip.

"Partners."