Smirk

Love Me or Hate Me

Yong Guk stood back stage with Hyori, watching Jongup and Young Mi continue their performance. 

 

"I can't believer her...." Yong Guk looked down at Hyori. He could see it. The anger in her face. She was furious. "She has some nerve to take away my spotlight like that. Wait until I-"

 

They began to walk towards them. Yong Guk gulped. It had been so long since he saw her. Everything was becoming fuzzy. Yong Guk's palms were sweating and Hyori furrowed her eyebrows. "Why are you getting nervous?" she whispered.

 

*Because I miss her. I need her. I want her. I love her.* There's no way he could possibly say that out loud, after all that he's done. Young Mi was now only inches away. He could clearly see those beautiful eyes and lips that he missed. That smirk that he hasn't seen in so long. All of it....just a few inches away.

 

And then a few feet until she was out of sight. Yong Guk's eyes widened when he realized that she just walked past him.

 

"The nerve of that girl! She just ignores us like that! She needs to learn her place...." 

 

>oOo<

 

Young Mi takes a sip of her wine and covers her bare shoulder with her cardigan. Everything went according to plan. But, instead of feeling satisfied with Yong Guk and Hyori's shocked face.....she felt disappointed. She was disappointed in herself. The entire time she wanted to run into his arms, embrace him, tell him how much she missed him. 

 

"Young Mi." She turned to see Jongup leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed. "There's something you're not telling me. Why do I feel like you're no longer plotting revenge on Hyori....but on Yong Guk instead?" 

 

"Because you're smart." Jongup sighed. "You're right. It's no longer Hyori I'm after. Yong Guk betrayed me and he needs to pay." Jongup walked toward her and took the glass away from her.

 

"Then why do you look so disappointed? You're little stunt back then should've made you feel triumphant. I mean, kissing another guy in front onf Yong Guk like that would surely make him regret what he has lost. But, you just look sad. Like you regret what you did."

 

"What if I say I still love him?" she mumbled. Jongup smiled a little. True, he did have his own special feelings for Young Mi, but he knew he couldn't stand a chance against Yong Guk.

 

"Well, I'll just say that I'll support you no matter what choice you make." He wiped away the tears from her face with his thumbs and kissed her forehead before leaving.

 

>oOo<

 

Yong Guk squinted while he headed toward the door. The sound of the heavy rain filled the entire apartment. Who could be knocking at the door 4 in the morning? He opened the door.

 

"Y-Young Mi?" She stood there, drenched in water. "What are you doing here?" Yong Guk whispered. He remembered that Hyori was still asleep.

 

"I want to know. Even though you chose her over me, even though you made your choice to be with her, did you ever love me?" The light from the thunder filled the living room for a second and it showed the tears Young Mi had in her eyes. It was so dark, Yong Guk mistook it for the rain. But, he could see she had been crying for a while now.

 

"Young Mi I-" He took a step foward, reaching out to touch her, but then he remembered what it would cost. Zelo was still a prisoner. "No."

 

"You're lying. Stop lying to me." Young Mi looked him in the eyes. She knew a liar when she saw one and right now Yong Guk was lying.

 

"Don't think just because I wanted revenge on Hyori that I didn't love her. You were just her replacement. Now she's mine. I don't need you. I-" Young Mi pulled him close to her and crashed her lips to his. His eyes widened in shock, but he couldn't resist.

 

All the memories he had of her started rushing in his mind. All the reasons he loved her...he began to remember. 

 

The two gasped for air and pressed their foreheads together. Young Mi looked up at Yong Guk and pushed him away.

 

"Whatever reason you have for choosing Hyori over me....forget about it. You'll realize I'm the one you truly love, Yong Guk." She closed the door and walked away leaving Yong Guk in shock, staring at the closed door.

 

He sighed and scratched his head. For now, he can't be with her. But, he won't deny his feelings because Donghae never said that he couldn't do that. Yong smiled and took a deep breath.

 

Yong Guk  grabbed the nearest coat,opened the door, and ran down the halls trying to catch up with her. He saw her dripping, wet body and he ran faster. "Young Mi!!" 

 

She turned around and saw him running toward her.

 

*Ah, there's that smirk I've missed so much.*

 

 

 

 

haven't updated in a while you guys, but a new subscriber has made me determined to continue updating frequently ;) i hope you enjoyed this short chapter you guys :)