sixth

Wrapped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You will never be as good as your sister, Minjeong. No matter what you do, you will never be like her. You are nothing but a disgrace to this family and if I only had a choice, I would have just kicked you out of this house and let you live in the streets.”

A river of tears started to flow down the blonde's cheeks. She was surrounded by the people who despises her existence the most– her own family. Her mother, her father, and her older sister looked down on her as if she was some kind of garbage. Minjeong had nobody and all she could ever do is cry out all the pain and suffering.

“You will never be like your sister.”

“You are a disgrace!”

Minjeong covered both of her ears as she heard the whirling sound of her family's voice eating her whole system up. She cried harder as the voices continued to linger, wishing that she could just disappear then and there.

“You will never be like her!”

“You are a disgrace!”

“You mean nothing in this world!”

“STOP!”

Minjeong bolted from her position as she shouted, panting hard before hugging her body close. She looked around and realized that she was alone inside her room. It was still a bit dark outside but Minjeong just decided to leave her bed and get ready for school.

This has been her daily routine; waking up from a terrible nightmare and having to push herself to leave the house early. Minjeong doesn't really live alone. Both of her parents were with her, Taeyeon stays on the room beside hers, and a few maids surrounded the whole mansion too yet the way that everyone treats her makes her feel like she should isolate herself more.

Minjeong glanced at the picture frame on her bedside table. It was a photo of her and Yizhuo when they went hiking on her 16th birthday. She smiled as she stared at her best friend's angelic smile.

Only Yizhuo can understand me.

“Leaving early again?” Minjeong was stopped from her tracks when she heard a familiar voice. She rolled her eyes before facing the old man that was having his coffee while typing on his laptop.

“What's it to you?” She asked casually, her arms crossed.

“Are you seeing anyone, Minjeong? I told you to focus on your studies to become a successful neurosurgeon. You've been giving me so many bad grades ever since you went to college and I honestly don't know what else to do with you. Why can't you just follow your sister's footsteps? She has done a lot of good things and received countless achievements already. You're graduating soon and all that you have ever done is create such menace.”

Her dad paused, chuckling sarcastically before looking straight into her eyes.

“I'm not even sure if you will be able to graduate.”

A bitter smile curved up on Minjeong's lips. This is also a part of her daily routine– being compared to her older sister and being reminded of how much of a failure she is.

“Then you should stop caring about whatever business I have and focus on your favorite child, Mr. Kim.”

Minjeong didn't let her father speak further. She immediately left the house and drove off using her motor bike. A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she stepped on the pedal, driving a bit faster to be able to reach the school early.

The blonde reached the university at exactly six in the morning. Her first class starts at eight and thankfully, she still has two more hours to stay at her favorite spot in the school– the rooftop. Minjeong gently walked up the steel stairs with a can of pink pringles in her hand. She was never a fan of eating chips but ever since she had the chance to taste Jimin's snack, she couldn't stop herself from buying it every now and then.

Minjeong paused to think as she munched on the chip.

An image of a beautiful raven-haired girl popped out of her head while she stared at the rising sun. Minjeong couldn't really deny the fact that Jimin is indeed a very gorgeous girl especially when she looks dead serious. She can be annoying at times especially when she orders Minjeong around but surprisingly, the blonde is actually liking it.

Minjeong suddenly remembered the incident on the convenient store.

“The point of attending Yonsei University is not just about studying, it's also about learning basic decency and professionalism that may be used in the long run. Considering the fact that you are the daughter of the most powerful man in the school, shouldn't you know that by now?”

“Well, congratulations on winning the elections, President Yu. But just so you know, I will still not follow anything that you tell me to do. And don't pull that 'being the daughter of the most powerful man' card on me because you have no idea how he treats me as a person. You don't know me well enough to speak about my life so don't act as if I'm one of your subjects because clearly, I will never be one.”

The blonde sighed. She somehow hated herself for speaking to the raven-haired girl that way when Jimin basically had no idea about whatever she was going through. The girl obviously just cares for her image and her well-being but Minjeong was just too careless with her words. What Jimin said clearly offended her although she was certain that she didn't intend to hurt her in the first place.

Minjeong grabbed the empty can of pringles and tossed it on the trash can near the bench that she was sitting on. She stood up and wiped the dust off her gray sweatpants and attempted to head downstairs.

To her surprise, the girl she just recently thought of was already halfway through the staircase.

“Minjeong?”

“President Yu?”

“Just Jimin.”

Both girls paused to scan each other's faces. For Jimin, Minjeong looked extremely beautiful underneath the glowing rays of the morning sun. Her blonde hair has always been so radiant and even if Jimin hated seeing it, the color definitely suits the younger a lot. It complements her milky white skin and whoever lays their eyes on Minjeong would definitely take all the time they need to stare.

Minjeong, on the other hand, thought Jimin was the most beautiful girl she has ever laid her eyes on. The raven-haired girl usually had her hair down, two silver clips stopping some of her strands from falling on her face but this time, Jimin had her hair tied up in a high ponytail. The blonde just realized how slender Jimin's neck was and it was totally attractive. Even the bump on the lower part of surprised her too.

Wow, she's a goddess.

Wait, what did I just call her?

“Uhm, what are you doing here?” Jimin asked when she realized how silent they both were. Minjeong just gently scratched her nape and smiled awkwardly.

“I just needed some fresh air. Are you heading up? Uhm– obviously you are, what am I even saying?”

Jimin couldn't help but chuckle as she watched Minjeong panic in her position. It has been days since she last saw her and the raven-haired girl didn't know why, but she was kind of thankful for having to see her today.

Minjeong stepped back to let Jimin fully climb up the rooftop.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter