third

Wrapped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The banging sound from the kitchen woke slumbering Jimin up, her eyebrows almost meeting each other because of the unnecessary noise bothering her peaceful sleep. The raven-haired girl pulled the curtains and heaved out a heavy sigh when she realized that it was still too early for school. Worrying about whatever was going on downstairs, Jimin just decided to head towards the kitchen to check whoever was making the ruckus in such an early time of the day.

“Dad? What on earth are you doing?” Jimin asked as she rubbed her eyes, clearly surprised of what she had just witnessed.

Onion and garlic skins were everywhere, the kitchen utensils were all sprawled on the floor, and the fire from the stove was still going. The kitchen was a total mess and Jimin couldn't help but to feel stressed, wondering how she would be able to clean everything up.

“Oh–! Jimin, I'm terribly sorry for all this noise. I was just trying to make breakfast for you since I thought you were probably tired of eating that triangle kimbap from the convenient store everyday. My boss gave me a raise this month and I wanted to make something good for you at least,” her dad stated as he gently rubbed his knuckles while chuckling awkwardly. There were slight burns on his skin and Jimin immediately softened at the sight.

“Dad, you really don't have to do that. I'm fine with eating kimbap or cup noodles everyday, you know. As long as you and my sister are here with me, I'll do just fine.”

The raven-haired girl walked towards her father and gave him the tightest hug that she could possibly offer. The older man returned the embrace with a much tighter one, making Jimin tear up silently.

Her father has always been such a strong guy and Jimin has always admired him since she was younger. Ever since her mom died in a car accident when she was still six years old, her father had to deal with all of the burden. He worked nonstop not only to feed the entire family, but also to be able to put her and her sister to school. For her father, education is a very important part of living and it will help a person in the long run. That motivated Jimin to work harder with her studies and to get a good job to repay all of her father's kind deeds.

“Still, I want you to experience eating something delicious for breakfast. I'm sorry I can't cook well like your mom. I promise I'll learn a few recipes for you.”

Jimin just smiled at the gesture before leading her father towards the table. She made the old man sit before gently patting his head.

“Well, since I'm awake now because of your noise, I'll be the one to cook a yummy breakfast for the both of us. You just sit there and give me the full support that I need,” Jimin joked which made her father laugh at her silly antics.

As soon as the raven-haired girl started cooking, her father started to cheer for her.

“Here comes the Top 1 Candidate of Masterchef Korea, Yu Jimin!”

Jimin chuckled at the man's playful gestures. She shook her head before skillfully working on the ingredients and utensils with her father just staring at her in awe. She became really interested in cooking because of her late mother's delicious recipes. Jimin started learning all of them when she turned sixteen, making her the main cook of the family.

Few more minutes have passed. The raven-haired girl was already done cooking and her father has already cleaned the entire kitchen. Jimin's older sister, Yu Jihan, have just woken up and was happily welcomed by the smell of her younger sister's cooking. The whole family was now sitting on the table while enjoying their meal.

“Oh, dad, I almost forgot! Today's a very special day for Jimin. Yonsei University will be electing the new student council officers and our baby right here is running for president. We should hope for the best,” Jihan uttered as soon as she finished her breakfast bowl.

“Unnie, you really didn't have to remind me of it. Now I'm feeling nervous again,” Jimin whined, pouting as she started to feel her hands shaking again.

She wasn't really able to get enough sleep last night because of how anxious she was for the results. All of the students of Yonsei University will be gathered inside the school's auditorium to hand their votes over. Realizing that she had to face a lot of people in a few hours just made her stomach churn.

“I'm sure you'll do just fine, Jimin. I'm confident that my youngest daughter will win the elections. You're just like your older sister when she was still studying, a very competitive lass as well.” Jimin's dad held both of his daughters' hands, giving the both of them a reassuring smile before continuing his statement.

“I have been blessed with two amazing and hardworking daughters. I couldn't ask for more.”

Jimin has always been doubtful with her skills despite being known as one of the greatest student when it comes to the academe. Her insecurities make her feel that all of the things that she does will never be good enough. She has grown to believe that she can do more and that she can still push herself to the limit even if it means affecting her whole being in the process. Indeed, her father was the most supportive person she has ever met, but the fear of disappointing him scared the raven-haired girl a lot and she wanted to make sure that she will always do well.

“Thanks, dad. I really don't want to be too confident about this but if ever I win the elections, it'll all be because of you and unnie's love and support.”

As soon as Jimin was finished with getting ready, she bid her sister and her father a goodbye before riding the bus to school. It was already the last one that day and thankfully, she was able to catch it.

“Yonsei, please. Thank you so much.”

Jimin handed her bus card to the driver and waited for the old man to swipe it up. When it was finished and the card was given back to her, the raven-haired girl walked towards an empty seat and sat beside the window. The spot has always been her favorite not only because of the fresh air hitting her face, but also because she's able to get a glimpse of the beauty of the city under the morning sun.

The bus then started to move. Jimin plugged her earphones in and clicked on her favorite playlist, smiling when the first song came on. A soft sigh of comfort escaped her lips as she felt the cold breeze on the back of her neck.

Morning bus rides belong to Jimin's most favorite things to do. She was supposed to feel nothing but joy and comfort..

but someone decided to ruin her precious alone time inside the public vehicle.

For the nth time that week, the person that she never wanted to see appeared out of nowhere and is now standing right in front of her. Rays of sunshine from the upper window passed through, hitting her shiny, blonde hair and making it look more radiant.

“Hey, move. I want to sit beside the window.”

Jimin's jaw almost dropped when Minjeong stated that in such a calm manner as if it didn't piss the raven-haired girl off at all. She huffed, trying to calm herself down because she didn't want to be more stressed. The elections were already stressing her out and if she lets the blonde girl get through her, it'll just ruin her day more.

“There are a lot of vacant seats on this bus. I don't see the point of making me move to a different one just to satisfy whatever needs you have,” Jimin replied with a shrug.

The blonde just raised her eyebrow before throwing her backpack and making it land on Jimin's lap, that same

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter