first

Wrapped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month has passed since the school year started and all of the students were getting quite busy preparing for the upcoming monthly examinations. Not only that, the election for the new student council members will be held in five days and the current running candidates were spending most of their time sticking their hand-crafted flyers, posters, and notes on the main bulletin board of their university.

Yu Jimin was one of those candidates.

It wasn't her first time running for the position of a student council member since she has done it a lot of times back in high school. It was already her last year in college and she has always desired to lend their university and its students a helping hand so being a student council president may push her to strive for the betterment of the whole school. She was also confident enough for the position although she was pretty much aware that it would be hard to compete with someone who was much more well-known and liked by almost everyone.

Her opponent was no other than Hwang Yeji, also a first timer in her chosen position but like Jimin, she was also fit enough to win the title.

“Hey, Ji! Aren't you supposed to be attending your first class?” Aeri Kim, one of Jimin's best friends, greeted as soon as she noticed a familiar figure standing in front of the bulletin board.

Jimin let out an exhausted sigh before facing her best friend with a worried expression. She has been up all night, making all the flyers and posters that she needed. Tiredness was also evident in her already crumpled face and her best friend couldn't help but to worry.

“I'm just worried about the upcoming elections. I really want to win this position, Aeri. I care for our university and my co-students a lot. It's already our last year and I want to do something good even just for once,” Jimin stated in all honesty. Of course, Aeri completely understood why the latter has been full of restlessness for the past few weeks.

“Ji, I know this election means so much to you. You wouldn't be working your way through all of this if it meant nothing. But I sure hope you're aware that you need to think about yourself too. You've been having a lot of sleepless nights already and I'm getting worried about you.”

The brunette opened her arms and on cue, Jimin rushed over her to indulge the warmth of Aeri's tight embrace. One thing that Jimin loved about her best friend was the comforting words that she can give; the hugs were a bonus.

“Ease up a bit, alright? The students here love you and I'm certain that you will be winning the elections. I mean, who wouldn't love a person like you anyway? You're 'the' Yu Jimin and you're amazing. You should head back to class. The candidates are only given half an hour everyday for the promotions.”

With one last hug, the two girls decided to part ways. As much as Jimin wanted to be close with Aeri all the time, the brunette takes a different course and her designated room was on a different building, probably a hundred steps away from where the raven-haired girl's classroom was.

Jimin takes up psychology while Aeri takes up a business major. Two different worlds, indeed, but the both of them still manages to meet up once or twice a week to hang out and talk about random stuff– studies, problems, even Aeri's college crushes. Out of all the girls who belonged in Jimin's circle, Aeri was the closest to her and their bond is surely unbreakable.

As soon as Jimin was finished with putting up the flyers, she left the board and started to walk to her classroom. Unfortunately, on her way back, a running student bumped into her, causing her to fall on the marbled floor and the books to scatter all over the floor. The impact was pretty hard and Jimin silently thanked the heavens for not breaking any of her bones.

The fall was fine, at least, but what enraged her was the student that bumped into her didn't help her get up and pick up her things.

They didn't even apologize.

“Hey, student!” Jimin shouted. Her voice echoed throughout the whole building but she didn't mind it anymore. Whoever that was who bumped into her needs to be reprimanded for her attitude.

The girl stopped in her tracks. She took the hood of her jacket off, revealing her blonde hair that made Jimin feel even more annoyed. Light hair colors like what she had was against the rules of their university and Jimin wondered where she got the confidence to just dye it like that as if she wasn't going to be kicked out any time soon.

The blonde then faced Jimin with a smug expression. Her hands were inside her pockets and she seemed clearly unbothered by a certain raven-haired girl who was already in the peak of choking the heck out of her.

“What?” She asked, an eyebrow raised. Jimin tried her very best to not run towards her and give a big slap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter