Good night

Wake Up

Solar's POV

I woke up early in the morning and I immediately stand up in my bed causing my head to throb. I went to sit in the chair beside my study table. 

After a few seconds of daydreaming, I was still confused of the situation yesterday. I had a hazy memory about it that I forgot to call my girlfriend to check if she is alright. A series of thoughts has been flooding my mind that causes a lot of pain in my head. 

"Okay Kim Yong Sun quit thinking let's prepare for school" I said to myself halting my anxiety but as I washed myself up, brush my teeth, and eat my breakfast, I am out of my mind. 

"Yong, are you okay? Are you sick? My sister Yonghee asked me before letting me out of our house.

"I'm fine, unnie. It is just a mild headache." I answered and went outside to ease her worries.

Walking to school made me realized I forgot to call Byul. I quickly dialed her number.

"Good morning Yong! How are you? Are you on your way to school?" Moonbyul cheerfully said. Her voice, her tone, and her mood it is her but it feels different. Why?

"Good morning. Do you have plans on attending your classes, Byul?" I asked coldly. 

"Of course, I'm actually preparing my things right now. Bye! Take care! I love you!" Moonbyul quickly ended the call leaving me dumbfounded. 

She sound so different yet she is the same. 

I am on the way on my classroom when someone from the Student Body Organization called me.

"Solar-shi! I have a favor to ask you. Can you be a student assistant in the Music Class of the Juniors. Please it is just for this day. Please." The girl asked I think she is the Third Year Representative. 

Music Class of the Juniors? Maybe it is Wheein and Hwasa's class? I think I should go it is music class too.

"Sure, if my homeroom teacher gives me permission then I'll be there" I smiled at her. She thanked me and promised to treat me next time.

After lunch, I went to the music class and I saw Wheein. Her eyes looks like it's going to pop, she is so happy to see me.

"Unnie you are the student assistant? Unnie you should sing later. I want to hear your voice" Wheein enthusiastically invites me in their room and made me sit beside her and Hwasa. 

"Oh I forgot. I'm sorry I ruined the hangout yesterday. I passed out." I apologized because I'm extremely embarrassed. I'm sure they had a hard time because of what I have done.

"Unnie, what are you talking about?" Hwasa asked me. She looks so clueless and surprisingly Wheein look so confused too. 

"By the way, did you see Moonbyul?" I asked them maybe they saw her arrived in school.

They looked at each other and they look at me with a more confused face.

"Who is Moonbyul?" Hwasa asked and Boy when I tell you my eyes are about to pop out. I'm not kidding. All of us fall into a dead silence and the teacher went in. 

When the music class ended, Wheein went to me and asked, "I remembered Moonbyul, the person in your dreams unnie." 

"What?" I cannot control myself anymore. I am beyond confused right now. No one knows Moonbyul. It is only me. I quickly went to her class and asked all of her so called classmates but all of them don't know who the hell Moonbyul is.

I asked in the guidance office and the teachers if they know a student named Moonbyul. All of them answered "I don't know any student with the name Moon Byul Yi. I'm sorry." 

Hwasa help me to calm down and I told her, "Hwasa, Moonbyul is my girlfriend. How would you not know? She is also your friend."

I know by looking at Hwasa and Wheein's face, I know that they are confused too.

I am devastated. 

I don't know what to say and what to feel anymore. 

I don't know if any of this is real or fake. 

I am living in lies, deception, and distortion.

The memories of us, her scent, her voice, her laugh, and her smile, all of it was vivid but all of it was also lies.

I'm walking home when I saw the glimpse of her smiling at me but when I look closely the figure disappears. The slightest hope I have been holding too was fading. I sat on a bench at the park, crying my heart out. 

I am drowning in my own tears and sadness when someone holds out a handkerchief and stopped in front of me. 

Moonbyul, she is smiling at me and blood is visible and dripping in her ears. 

"Good morning Yong"