Take Eight: Reasons? What Reasons?

Stuck With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why wasn't she rushing home?

That was the question that plagued Dara from the moment Youngbae had delivered his bombshell. Wasn't it this, which she had been waiting for all along? A reason to finally go home, where even in her own heart she knew she belonged?

Her heart throbbed with each day that passed by. Each day that she stayed away, she knew the likelihood that she was missing her chance with Jiyong was getting stronger.

Just as Chaerin had.

They had both ran away, misunderstanding him and in the end, missing a chance of a lifetime.

So why... even knowing this... was she unable to return to Seoul?

 

 

“Dara, you've been working hard today, you should head back,” Mr. Yang, her boss said. An elderly gentleman with a sharp tongue, he was knowledgeable about all kinds of flowers, and had patiently instructed her about the art of cross-pollination.

“Yes boss, I just want to check up on my baby,” she smiled brightly.

No matter where her duties took her, her final stop of the day before the walk back to the dormitories would be to see the progress of her flowers. Flowers that she had cross-pollinated with one thing in mind: differences.

What if two flowers which were destined never to grow by each other’s' side, were pollinated with each other? Flowers which thrived in different environments, one growing in the wet and ugly mud, the other in rich fertilized soil? One whose health came from the rays of the sun while the other the howling rain. A flower whose beauty came from being pale and colorless, combined with a flower who was famous for being vibrant and bold?

Just like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter