Take Three: Makeover Magic?!

Stuck With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You know, you'd look better if you didn't dress so... old.”

Dara looked up suddenly and smiled at the speculative look that Siyoung had.

“It's good to see you Siyoung. And uh, it's my work uniform- I kind of don't have a choice.”

“I'm talking about those long skirts that you wear and jean jackets, those were so five years ago,” she said, stepping further into the coffee shop.

Dara felt herself blushing to the roots of her hair, “Money's always been a bit tight... so I just get whatever my sister doesn't want anymore.”

Siyoung was about as close to awkwardness as she would ever feel when Dara smiled suddenly, “It's okay though, I'll just work extra hard and earn more money!”

Siyoung disdainfully, “Ah, the optimism you share with Bom.”

Dara tried to hide a smile in amusement but didn't have to try so hard with Siyoung's next comment.

“You shouldn't have to wait that long. By the time you have enough money to make yourself look good, you'll be a middle-aged spinster with no prospects.”

“Ouch,” Dara laughed, “please Siyoung, don't hold your punches on my account.”

“I wasn't,” she said impatiently, missing Dara's sarcasm altogether, “lying to you isn't going to help you is it?”

“Help me? What do you mean... help me?”

Dara wondered if it was just her imagination or Siyoung was staring at her with an evil intent in her eyes.

“Please let that just be a figure of speech.”

“I've decided to do a good deed, help those less fortunate than me. And that Dara,' she pointed a meticulously manicured finger at her, 'is you.”

“Siyoung, go donate money to the homeless, help with a soup kitchen, visit an orphanage. I'm touched, but I really don't need your help. Besides,” Dara hesitated to continue, “isn't Jiyong keeping you busy enough? Don't tell me you're still bored.”

It was still a sore point with Dara. Only three days had passed since Siyoung had come back into their lives and Jiyong was her willing slave. A stark contrast from the three patient years she'd endured his company for.

“Jiyong is fine. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter