CHAPTER 13

Black Mamba

“Where do you think Karina and Winter are?”

 

Giselle glanced over to her red-headed friend before shrugging, “dunno, maybe their making out or something.”

 

NingNing playfully smacked the other girl’s arm, “unnie!”

 

Giselle laughed, “I’m kidding NingNing-ah, they’re probably coming soon, so don’t worry about them. I saw them earlier today either way.”

 

 

“Achoo!”

 

Karina stared at Winter in worry, “are you catching a cold?”

 

“No, I don’t think so…”

 

She sighed, “you shouldn’t have sat out in the snow yesterday, Minjeong-ah.”

 

Winter gave Karina a smile, “I’m fine~ unnie, Giselle’s probably just talking about me.”

 

Karina raised an eyebrow, “and how do you know that?”

 

The younger shrugged, “this happens all the time, we have this weird bond connecting us I guess.”

 

Karina’s eyes subtly flattened, “oh really?”

 

No one would notice her change in expression, but Winter knew better than to think Karina didn’t care, so she smirked.

 

“Yeah, I don’t know why, but it’s probably because we’re best friends or something. This ‘dumb and dumber’ bond connects us in ways other things can’t.”

 

Karina pouted, “ah I see…”

 

But then she jumped as Winter laughed, “dawww look at jealous little Karomi~”

 

The older girl flustered up, “w-what? I’m not jealous!”

 

“Sure~”

 

“And why do you keep calling me Karomi?”

 

“Why do you keep calling me Gyeoulie?”

 

“Because it’s cute!”

 

“There’s your answer. I call you Karomi because it’s cute, and I call you jagiya because well, it’s true.”

 

Karina’s blush deepened in color and she had to look away, “s-sure thing, Minjeong.”

 

“Anyways, why’d you bring me here?”

 

“Well… It’s about yesterday…”

 

Winter smirked, “what, do you want to kiss me again?”

 

“Wh- I- that’s not- … Sort of…”

 

The younger girl looked around, seeing no one but them at the back of the school, before going up on her toes to peck Karina on the lips.

 

“Gee then you could’ve just asked instead of bringing me back here.”

 

She giggled as Karina became an even more blushing mess, loving how the older girl was acting.

 

“But yeah, what about yesterday?”

 

“Well…”

 

Winter waited patiently as her friend struggled to find the right words to say, giving her a small smile.

 

“... What are we?”

 

The question struck down on the younger girl and she froze, her brain becoming an old and buffering Windows computer.

 

“Uhhhhhh…”

uhqYkuAHPIEWExAzU7CcjuVRhqoEin4TVj2zM2ewLW2GUjc6zsDkYtaP7zJdeVyJPK7kYzPypNFll2uZ9hYVPmSAm5I6UxBBCRteBgIAS-87iuxuLlTNE1e8vHSWUheC-nimQqas

 

“Like- we both confessed to each other yesterday, we kissed twice now, you kissed me on the cheek once, we call each other cheesy nicknames, and I also fell on top of you yesterday too.”

 

Winter blinked a couple times, “oh yeah…”

 

She scratched her head, glancing back up at Karina from the blacktop, “what do you want us to be?”

 

Karina looked away, “that’s the thing… I don’t really know…”

 

She then garnered all her confidence and stared back at Winter, “but I know I want to be with you often, physically.”

 

Winter blushed from the older girl’s sudden confidence, “o-oh… Yeah?”

 

Karina nodded, slightly dying inside from Winter’s surprised look but keeping up her straight expression.

 

Winter smiled, “well, I’d like that too, I guess we don’t really need a label do we?”

 

Karina internally sighed in relief, “yeah, you’re right… Let’s just go on as usual, yeah? See where life takes us.”

 

Winter raised an eyebrow, “when did you get so philosophical? Usually Giselle’s the one spouting life quotes.”

 

Karina scoffed, “I can be smart too.”

 

The younger girl giggled, “I know~ Let’s go though, before they think something’s going on.”

 

The black-haired girl nodded, her lips curving up slightly as she felt Winter’s hand in hers as they walked to where they usually stay during breaks.

 

“Ay yo, what hap- Oh.”

 

Giselle paused in her statement as she saw her best friend walking towards her, her hand holding Karina’s tightly, both of them smiling but at the same time acting shy.

 

NingNing raised an eyebrow at the scene in front of them, “what happened to you two?”

 

Karina tilted her head, “what do you mean? Nothing happened.”

 

Giselle nudged Winter, “bestie, what happened. Are you two dating now?”

 

“What no!”

 

Both of the girls yelled out in unison which earned laughs from the other two.

 

“You sure?”

 

“Yeah, why are you guys blushing now?”

 

“W-we’re not dating!”

 

“Then what? Did you guys kiss or something?”

 

That made the duo silent, looking away from each other as NingNing and Giselle gave a couple lenny faces.

 

“So you guys did kiss.”

 

“Not today.”

 

“Not today she sa-”

 

“What do you mean not today?”

 

NingNing paused in what she was saying, all of them staring at Winter, then the two watchers glancing over to Karina.

 

Giselle clicked her tongue, “damn~ girl, you just got exposed by your own babe.”

 

Karina flustered up, “okay, yes on today but- I- we- ughh.”

 

She covered her face with both her hands and hair, turning around for extra measure on them not seeing how embarrassed she was.

 

She heard Winter giggle, and she couldn’t help but smile into her hands as she heard that beautiful sound. After a few moments she turned back around and ruffled her long hair back, pretending as if she didn’t just have a physical breakdown.

 

“Since when?”

 

Karina and Winter glanced at NingNing, “huh?”

 

“Since when did y’all have this thing between you two.”

 

“Oh, yesterday.”

 

Giselle raised her eyebrows, “oh?”

 

The two in question nodded, once again unable to look anyone in the eyes.

 

Seeing this, Giselle and NingNing stopped her teasing, knowing they didn’t want to talk about what happened.

 

Giselle playfully punched Winter’s shoulder, “I’m cool with whatever you two are, but just don’t have heated sessions in front of us.”

 

Winter pushed Giselle, the older girl chuckling from her red face, “don’t think like that Giselle.”

 

Karina just stayed silent throughout this interaction, unable to speak as her cheeks continued to be tinted pink.

 

NingNing held Giselle’s shoulder, “what Giselle-unnie’s trying to say is that, we’re fine with whatever as long as you two are fine.”

 

“JiMinJeong all the way man.”

 

The two flustered up, both of them acting shy from the ship name as they muttered soft thank you’s.

 

The group of four finally sat down at their table, continuing on with their break as they would normally, with hints of teasing here and there…

 

________________________________________________

JiMinJeong is finally sailing gays, girls, theys, and everyone inbetween and out :000 
I don't think I've said before, and even if I did, a reminder... I won't do any make out sessions or on this fanfic or any others I post in the future. These are real people so I don't feel comfy doing that to them, even if they're well into their 20s already. Thanks for understanding :) -Minah