REASON

Heart Wants What It Wants
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER II: REASON

 

She’ supposed to be in Byulie’s room at this time, but everyone’s seems to be taking their sweet time in this hospital, which Wheein finds ironic. It seems like their office is too busy that the way hospitals turned a little less hectic for her today.

“I’ve covered everything. I’m really sorry for your hand. You can take a leave if you want, it won’t affect your work.”

She doesn’t know her, but it seems too generous to be offered by a boss.

“Thank you, but you don’t have to.” The blonde tried to refuse.

“I feel like I haven’t introduced myself properly. I’m Kim Yongsun, but you can call me Solar.”

Wheein mentally noted her real name. She wasn’t aware they were allowed to use aliases in the workplace.

“I’m  Whee—”

Before she even finished introducing herself, her new boss interrupted.

“Jung Wheein. I know. You are one of the executives anyway, I wouldn’t forget a name like yours”

 

It could be just her tiredness that clouded her judgement, but Solar came across as a flirtatious woman rather than her boss at this point. She really doesn’t know what to say. The other woman might have sensed how she’s churning her gears to make an appropriate reply or any reply at all that she took it to herself to lead the conversation.

 

“You said you are coming here, anyway right? Why?”

This is the kind of question that Wheein can answer. Relieved that she doesn’t have to reciprocate flirting.

“I have my friend confined last night, I promised I’d be there early to take her home.” The shorter woman replied. It was evident to Wheein that Solar, her boss, is also thinking of something deeply before coming up with a reply.

“Do you mind if I accompany you to your friends’ room? They are done checking you, but I think you could use some assist.”

 

Maybe her boss was just really guilty, or maybe just too nice of a person that the blonde thinks the other woman is already formulating another answer to insist in case she says no. So, she cut the back and forth of insistence.

“Sure, if you have the time. I’m afraid I’m taking too much of your time, Ms. Kim.”

 

It was the first time that Wheein addressed her boss, despite the introduction, she doesn’t feel comfortable enough to address her by the first name. Her boss looked at her weirdly, probably thinking something wrong about what she said. It made Wheein a little uncomfortable under her gaze. In this seat they occupy in a hospital corridor, no passersby seem to distract her boss from staring at her.

“I thought we’re past that name thing. Call me Solar or Yong, when we’re out of the office. Or maybe you can call my name when we’re alone in a room, preferably my place.”

 

It must be her exhaustion that Wheein thinks she’s hearing things. But her boss seems to be very serious with her statement. She would like to brush it off, but she couldn’t deny the blood rushing to her face right now.

“Did… did I hear that right?”

“You want to hear something else?” There is something about this scene that all seem ridiculous to the blonde. She wanted to laugh it out.

“Do you usually do this to your workmates?” She inquires further.

“Honestly, anyone I like, I go for. Would that be offensive to hear?”

If she wasn’t her boss, she would’ve facepalmed right in front of her but she’s mustering all of her patience right now, praying to god to summon an angel of patience.

“I take no offense, but what made you think I’d be down?”

“Oh, no. I do not assume that you would go for it, I just want to pursue. If you decline that wouldn’t be any problem. If you agree that would be great both for you and to me.”

 

When someone’s overconfident you call them arrogant, but Wheein do not have the heart to call her that. Not now, knowing she’s her boss.

 

“Should I expect you banging anyone you like in the office?”

 

She tried to turn this to her boss. If she has an inch of decency she would answer properly. But to Wheein, Solar Kim is more honesty leaning person than a decent one.

 

“I think my statement was pretty clear, that would be yes. But doesn’t mean I’d do it IN the office.”

 

Honest. Just as she thought so. Wheein pondered a little more before she turned to her stupidly smiling face.

 

“I think I’m good going alone to my friend’s room. Thank you for the offer, though.” She tried the best that she can to be polite, if her boss insists on anything then that would call for a meeting with the boards.

 

“Let me walk you to the door at least, I’m still the one who broke your hand.” Persistent. Just as she thought so. She let her be, but Wheein gathered her things and expressed her gratitude for the kind offer and for taking accountability. As she stood, Kim Yongsun was in nowhere near her anymore. Rejection must have felt like a .

 

“Is it okay to assist you? Or would that be invading your space already?” This one hell of a woman, arrogant in flirting, but soft in asking permission. This might have been the reason she’s confident in pursuing someone. She definitely knows how to. Wheein would take every help she gets though. Her wrist is still hurting and she has too many things to carry. Things she brought for Moonbyul.

 

“If you ask that way, a hand would be nice.”

 

Never in her mind would she be seeing her boss carrying her bags, but here they are. Solar Kim, carrying Jung Wheein’s things to her friend’s hospital room. This should be a fun sight to see, but in her way to Byulie’s room her mind just keeps on anticipating another unfortunate event that the universe orchestrated to make this day more miserable than it already has been.

 

In no time, they reached Byulie’s room. Wheein entered without knocking while her boss followed close. She realized she couldn’t bring all her things alone with the condition of her right wrist.

 

“Byulie, sorry I’m late the office was so busy today.” Wheein said as she placed her things on the couch. Her boss remained standing at the door frame.

 

“By the way, I bumped into someone on my way here so I had my wrist checked. I’m with my new boss, Byulie meet Ms. Ki—”

 

“Solar.” Byulie whispered. The blonde looked confused, bouncing eyes from her friend to her boss and back to her friend. Ms. Kim remained standing still by the door, head straight and eyes fixed on Moonbyul’s eyes. That was the longest eye contact Wheein has ever witness. It held so much intensity it actually feels like she’s seeing something she shouldn’t. They took their time staying silent and leaving the confused blonde, remain confused. Interrupting them also feels like ersion that Wheein thought of leaving the room. Before she even moved a muscle, her friend finally spoke.

 

“She’s the new boss, I see.” Byulie is now looking at Wheein.

 

She could only nod as an answer.

 

“Long time no see.” Her boss spoke. Wheein almost forgot she’s still there. She stepped closer to Moonbyul’s bed and placed her things by her friend’s feet.

 

“What trouble have you got into to be in the hospital?”

 

As if she’d kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter