CONFIDANT

Heart Wants What It Wants
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WHEEIN

CHAPTER 1: CONFIDANT

 

 

It’s already too late when Wheein came. As she moves through the obnoxious crowd screaming bull and the writhing bodies on the dance floor, it’s was too late. Moonbyul already took several hits from a man with unwashed hands. A bulky man, well-structured and definitely ripped is between them as Moonbyul is looking unconscious in his hands. The other man laughs proudly like it’s a triumph to hit someone who’s already been wrecked by alcohol. It wasn’t a fair fight. As she gets closer, it was then she realized that the ripped man holding Moonbyul protectively is not even a bouncer. It was Wonho. He’s been pursuing Moonbyul for a while, two of them swing both ways anyway. But to no avail Moonbyul is not the one to lean more to men.

 

Wheein got closer and saw some bouncers come in between the fight. It was too loud to hear what they were saying. The show must go on, in these kinds of clubs. She tried to get Wonho’s attention as the bouncers settle the commotion.

 

“I got her from here.” The small blonde tried telling him, not wanting to bother him any longer.

 

“it’s okay, I can carry her to the hospital.” He insisted. In between being honest and being modest, Wheein chose being honest. Moonbyul looked more secured in those ripped arms. She let him be as they walked out of the club.

 

The blonde couldn’t help but replay the guy’s celebratory laugh at hitting someone, and his friends laughing like monkey from behind. It all seems so childish, so violence driven – shallow. It wouldn’t have been a risible scene of commotion if Moonbyul’s awake, but ever since Wheein got into the club her friend showed no sign of being conscious aside from the small twitch of her eyes.

 

“How long has she been unconscious?” She tried asking the man holding her friend. As she opened his car for him to carefully lay Moonbyul at the passenger seat. Her questions were ignored as Wonho is too busy thinking of Moonbyul.

 

“Don’t call the shotgun, stay here with her so she doesn’t fall.” As her friend lie on the seat, she lifted her head for her to sit and her friend to use her legs as pillows.

 

Relief is what she felt when she saw that Moonbyul barely took a damage. She’s just unconscious. Now, Wheein’s wondering what was the man celebrated for hitting her? She took the initiative to check her friend lifting her arms to see if she’s had injuries. As she lifted her friend’s other arm, Moonbyul groaned, getting Wonho’ attention from driving.

 

“Just drive, Wonho.” Wheein tried reprimanding. She lightly slapped her friend’s cheeks, checking to see if she’ll respond. “Byulie, are you awake?” repeating her words and actions until she gets a response. Her friend made her a little impatient, but it’s not the time to be that kind of person right now.

 

“Byulie, wink if you can hear me.” Instead of a wink, she received a groan. Moonbyul must be dreaming, she thought. Her friend has the most ridiculous club stories, she’s heard it before, but seeing it just makes her want to laugh at Moonbyul drunken state. However, Wonho’s apprehension is reaching the passenger seat and she knew this is not the night the Wonho could take a joke. 

 

Finally reaching the hospital, Wonho opened the car’s door and lifted her friend from her legs. Seeing the man’s biceps up close, she took a mental note to friend the moment she opens her eyes. Being late in the commotion, Wheein decided to be silent and listen as Wonho answers the doctor’s questions.

 

So Moonbyul got hit on the face, but she’s already unconscious by then. She took two hits, but Wonho’s exaggeration made her think that Moonbyul is being trashed while she’s on her way to the club.

 

Moonbyul and Wheein are close to each other like siblings, but like siblings do, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter