TREPIDATION

Heart Wants What It Wants
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER III: TREPIDATION

 

The day came and she dreaded to face it. Wheein was awake since five in the morning, got things done by six and now fearing her fate in the office to death.

It was just an accidental double tap. I can defend myself today.

Certainly, with Wheein revulsion towards Kim Yongsun’s persistence to get in her pants, her boss would’ve gotten the hint that it was liked by an accident but it won’t change the fact that Solar now has an idea that Wheein might have actually checked her profile. This is already too much trouble for her mentally that she decided that she’ll just take what the universe gives her today.

it up.

Surprisingly, the day in the office felt suspiciously normal. She arrived early and saw her boss arrive a little later than her. Through the glass walls she saw Kim Yongsun make the hallway her . She walks like a model and this office is her ramp. The blonde tried to be discreet at checking her boss out, hoping that Solar would never ever mention what she did last night.

You know what came as a surprise? The universe gave her just that. The office was so professional, her boss was so focused in working, too. It amazes her how Solar didn’t not even take a look at her in the meeting. To be fair, Wheein was silent the whole duration, but still. Not even a millisecond of eye contact, not sparing a glance. It has become a nuance to Wheein that she’s being ignored, but then again, she wants this right? So, she did what she can do best, hyper focusing and get lost in her work.

It was past five and the blonde must not have noticed. It was only when her boss came knocking through a glass door peeking through Wheein, that she was made aware of how long she’s been working.

“Busy?”

“Hi, I just got lost track of time.”

“Do you always work hard like this?”

Solar, her boss, as she continues to remind herself, came closer to her desk with papers in her hands. At first, she thought the ever-arrogant Kim Yongsun was going to confront her of the stalking incident, but now she knows her boss is here for business.

“Please look through this file, I would be needing your input regarding this new product. I would like to arrange meetings with the engineers to clarify my question but I think I should ask for a second eye to examine this.”

Professional. This is making the blonde think differently of her boss. The Kim Yongsun she met yesterday was expunged in a day and now it’s like seeing a new born in front of her.

“Sure, Ma’am. I’ll check those and have the report by tomorrow, would that be okay?”

“Yes, perfect.”

That was the most professional encounter they’ve had but so far, the weirdest, too.

“Thanks, Wheein. And it’s Solar next time, okay?”

Then Solar Kim turned her angelic back to her. She could be dreaming but everything that involves her boss seem so ethereal.

Or maybe I’m just too gay

She observed how her boss confidently carries herself in the hallway and this time Wheein took her time checking her boss out.

 

Wheein finished working by seven in the evening, it’s still early for her but decided that it’s enough work for today. Stretching her legs out and releasing a grunt, you could believe her body is too old for her age. Few more bone cracking before she stood and fixed her things. Wheein is surrounded by glass walls. That’s just how her office is built. Other executives chose a different floor and Yongsun’s just right above hers. Which got her to thinking, how come she sees her today ramping in her floor when she could take the elevator directly?

Ever since, Yongsun came to their office, she’s now overthinking everything.

The most impractical thing in their office is how huge their offices are, her subordinates is with her in the floor but only those she took under her wing. So even when they are all at the office, it’s actually tough to see each other face to face. She turned to her back to look at the city view. It’s still the same, but never fails to amaze her still. Like all the hours of work disappears with the breath-taking view she has. Never mind the glass walls, she loves this view.

Going out of the office is what she hates the most in her workdays, it’s too much travel for a building. The elevator opened revealing the people inside it, or rather, the person inside it. But to her surprise, Solar, is in casual clothes, it looks like she has gone home and returned in the office. Surprised by her presence, Wheein took the time to process. Before the elevator even closes, Kim Yongsun blocked the elevator doors and looked at her as if to ask what the is taking me so long.

“You okay?” Solar asked. She’s in a caramel hoodie and sweat pants, but still managing to look so expensive. Is it the regal that she naturally has? Wheein is convinced that Kim Yongsun could make anything look expensive.

“Wheein?” It took her time to realize that she’s been staring and haven

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter