Dodge Game

Summer Camp
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

05 | Dodge Game

 

***

 

Walking alone back to the room, Taeyeon felt peaceful for the next couple of minutes as he enjoys the night until he found Yuri, from the opposite side. He stopped in his tracks but only to scoff as he continue his way to their room. 

 

"Did you enjoy the show?" ask Yuri as he places his guitar on his bed. 

 

"That was pretty bad." Taeyeon however is straightforward. 

 

"What?"

 

"I mean, your singing is mediocre, not those like.... whoa-whoa. Get off of me or you're going to miss the next game." He immediately pushes himself off the latter when he grabs his collar."

 

"Say that again and you will regret it." Yuri warned seriously. 

 

"Um, what's going on?" Yoona entered the room, confused. 

 

Both Taeyeon and Yuri sent one last glare to each other before they lay on their respective beds and they face the wall as they pulled the comforter up on their chests. 

 

Yoona shrugs his shoulders only. He turned off the light and said good nights to them before he also meet his bed.

 

Taeyeon sighs in relief and so he lay on his back and closes his eyes. Tomorrow is another game, he doesn't have to think of anything rather than making sure they win. Especially for Tiffany. 

 

***

 

Normally when he woke up in the morning, he would tidy his bed and go straight to the kitchen to help the nuns in cooking, but today as Taeyeon got off his bed, he headed straight to the bathroom and wash up after Yoona have left. And finished just fifteen minutes only. 

 

"Oppa!" Seohyun's voice from behind caused him to turn his head the moment he stepped out of the room.

 

"Good morning, Seohyun-ah." He greeted with a big smile flashing on his face.

 

"How was your night last night? I heard Yuri Oppa and his band went on stage?"

 

"Yeah, it was fun... actually most of the campers love it especially Tiffany and Jessica." Taeyeon shares as he offers Seohyun a walk to the cafeteria.

 

"That sounds like you didn't have fun, Oppa." chuckled Seohyun. 

 

"Well, who would when he hates me? And he hates me also." He replied with a soft chuckle as well. "How about you? You were with Yoona, aren't you?"

 

"What? Who told you I'm with him?" Seohyun frowns. "I mean, last night, I was with my mother." she explained further.

 

"I see. I thought you were with him. Haven't you confessed?"

 

"Confessed? To him?" 

 

Taeyeon nodded gently.

 

"Nah, I don't think I can. I mean, we're both suspended today for the game. It's not a good thing to share my feelings." Seohyun sighs heavily. 

 

"Tsk, don't be sad. I'm sure he doesn't care about today's game. He has a competitive team, remember?"

 

"Yeah, but I know he's a person who doesn't want to miss a game. He always likes to help his team."

 

"Let's not break any rule anymore so we don't miss a game then." Taeyeon smiled warmly as he opens the entrance door to the cafeteria.

 

"Thanks, Oppa." Seohyun cutely smiles as she entered first. Immediately, they were greeted by noise from everyone, especially Yuri's team that was having a good game while having breakfast. They head straight to the counter as the staff serves them food.

 

"Hmm? Where's Fany?" Taeyeon however realized the latter is not present at their table, only Jessica and the rest of their team.

 

"Oh, she's with her mother, Oppa." Seohyun informs as she places chopsticks on his tray.

 

"Oh yeah, I saw her mother last night." 

 

"Chincha? You get to introduce yourself?"

 

Taeyeon smiled a little as he nodded. "But just that, she immediately brings her daughter with her." 

 

"Auntie wasn't friendly, was she?" Seohyun could guess from the tone of taeyeon's voice. She follows him to an empty table and took their seats across from each other.

 

"Yes, he didn't like it when she saw me." Taeyeon briefly smiled only. "But I understand. I mean, I'm from Busan and-"

 

"Yah, you should've told her you're my cousin." Seohyun reminded in an instant.

 

Taeyeon chuckled. "I don't want to keep telling that lie, Hyun."

 

"Ready for the dodge game, Taeyeon-ssi?" Suddenly, Yuri asked them as he approached their table. "I mean, should I call you..." he pause so he could lean down to his ear. "Orphan Taeyeon?" He teased and smirk at him.

 

Taeyeon looks at him in disbelief and in shock. He is totally flustered that he's out of words and Yuri just leaves with an arrogant face. "How did..." 

 

"Wae? What did he tell you, Oppa?" Seohyun raised her eyebrows.

 

Instead of answering, Taeyeon gets up and looks for Yuri. When he found him outside, he hurriedly run off of the place and was able to catch up with him as he hold his arm and turn him around. "How'd you know about that?" he asked, demanding an explanation.

 

Let go of me, first." Yuri said with a stern voice.

 

Taeyeon complied slowly. "Tell me. How'd you know I'm an orphan?" he carefully asks.

 

"It's not for you to command me. And there's nothing for me to tell you. Let's just meet later in the game. Make sure you win." Yuri chuckled sarcastically before he turns and continue his way to the woods.

 

"Aish!" Taeyeon attempted to follow but Seohyun hold his hand. 

 

"Looks like he already figured, Oppa." Seohyun heard everything and it saddens her. "But hopefully he won't go there telling everyone."

 

Sighing, He shakes his head. "I doubt he will be quiet. I'm going to keep looking after him later." He said seriously.

 

"Don't think of it too much, Oppa. You might get distracted later in the game. I mean, I think he intended to tell you so you won't be focused and they will win." Seohyun just realized something and it worries her.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter