Wish

Summer Camp
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

 

"Alcohol? Who drinks it right now?" Taeyeon broke his silence with a smug smile. "Aren't we allowed to bring them? Or is it you who drank it and you smell yourself?" he sarcastically retorted the question.

 

"Then what happened to him? Don't make it sound like I am lying." Yuri pointed at the sleeping doe-eyed to Taeyeon's shoulder. He steps forward but they step back which made him suspicious. "He's drunk, isn't he?"

 

"Oh, Uh... he fell asleep. You know, too exhausted from the game." Seohyun explained this time. She and Taeyeon looked into each other's eyes and smiled nervously.

 

"Really?" Yuri steps forward again and yes, the two steps backward. "I can really smell alcohol right here. Yoona drink, obviously." He squinted his eyes to them and both seems to be nervous. 'Yoona definitely drink.'

 

Taeyeon and Seohyun laugh awkwardly.

 

"He's as innocent as a child, Oppa." Seohyun tried to cover the doe-eyed.

 

"He passed out after an exhausting game with his friends, that's all." Taeyeon further lied. He put on a straight face, doesn't want to get caught.

 

"Whatever. I won't be the one in trouble anyway." Yuri chuckled, turning his body around and a smirk formed his lips as he walks away. He's sure it was Yoona and he has to tell the foundation.

 

"Do-do you think... he will tell my mom, Oppa?" Seohyun worriedly asks as his eyes are on Yoona's sleeping face. She's worried sick.

 

"I don't know. But let's hurry before other campers catch us." said Taeyeon as he leads them to resume their tracks while Yoona is oblivious to what just happened.

 

Slowly placing him on his bed, Taeyeon almost immediately sits on the floor and massages his arms. The doe-eyed wasn't that heavy but he carried him on his back for almost an hour. He almost wants to let go of him on the way.

 

"Hehe, Mianhe, Oppa." Seohyun smiled awkwardly. "Um, do you want me to buy you some patches? I-"

 

"No need, I'll just ice pack this." Taeyeon mumbles as she lazily gets up and sits on his bed across Yoona's.

 

"Your arms aren't going to swell, right?" ask Seohyun worriedly because he keeps massaging it.

 

Taeyeon looked at her and chuckle. "It's not. But I'm feeling a little pain. It might go away if I put ice pack. But I'm pretty sure this will just go away as time passes." He explained. "You should go back to your room now before anyone will catch you, you entered a boy's room."

 

"Ah, yeah. But if anything happens, just call me okay? You have my number anyway." Seohyun flashes a bright smile and bowed before she leaves the room.

 

"Hmm... Fany Noona... " Yoona suddenly talks in his sleep, didn't fail to make Taeyeon scoff.

 

Lying down on his bed, Taeyeon let out a relief of sigh because they were able to reach the room without any problem. He closes his eyes and is ready to sleep when he thought of Yuri who might return any time. He opened his eyes and quickly went to Yoona's side, took off his jacket, and headed to the bathroom to wash it on the sink.

 

"Aish, I'm not in the orphanage yet I feel like I am still." He realized his actions but he doesn't want Yoong to get in trouble, he can't resist and help him. And he helps him, he'll definitely be tagged along.

 

He just washes it in a hurry and hangs it before he returns to spray perfume around the room, especially near the doe-eyed who is deep in his slumber.

 

Going back to his bed, he finally had a peaceful mind as he drifted to sleep a few minutes later.

 

Moments later, Yuri returned and wasn't surprised Taeyeon is already asleep. He checks on Yoong to smell him there's nothing besides the pleasant smell of a perfume. He sends glares to Taeyeon, knowing who immediately erased the alcohol from the doe-eyed. 'Aish, he is smart as .'

 

:::

 

Stretching his arms, Taeyeon let out a huge while he can see campers are passing by their room. He woke up alone but he doesn't mind at all.

 

"I'm hungry." Mumbles him as he finally decided to walk along with the other campers, wearing a white shirts and red jogging pants. He can hear chatters from behind which made him raise his eyebrows. And when the 'drunk' was mentioned, he stopped and turned to startle them. "What are you guys talking about?" Asked him while his hands are in his pockets.

 

"There was a warning note on the next game's site. It was about one of the guys who drunk last night." The female camper explained.

 

"Where was it?" Taeyeon almost raised his voice in surprise.

 

"The shooting site."

 

Without wasting time, he runs away, almost bumping into campers on the way. He passes bushes and trunks until he reached the Game 2 site. He saw a note and read it.

 

Last night we have learned someone broke the role by drinking and sneaking alcohol at the camp. This is a warning to everyone if anyone got caught by the committee, automatic expulsion will be imposed.

 

"." He cursed so loud. "This is Yuri's doing." And he knows exactly who it is. Breathing deeply, he turned and returned to the cafeteria, where everyone is already having breakfast.

 

"Oppa, here." Seohyun called his attention by waving her hand enthusiastically.

 

Sighing, he approached her table after getting his food. "What is this?" But he was greeted by a dessert, not on the counter.

 

"My appreciation for you, Oppa." Said Seohyun, smiling cheerfully.

 

"I see. Thanks." He smiled awkwardly and took a bite of his food. "Have you seen Yoona?"

 

"I haven't. Wae?" Seohyun causally took a bite too.

 

"I was alone when I woke up." Shares Taeyeon as he noticed Tiffany and Jessica are nearby, having their own breakfast as well. He smiles unconsciously, remembering the unexpected dinner with Tiffany. His heart flutters when he saw her smile then his eyes suddenly disappeared. "She has the most beautiful smile."

 

"Who?" Seohyun was surprised and quickly turn to see her friends only. She teasingly smiled at him immediately. "You're falling, Oppa. Want me to help you?" She offered playfully.

 

"What?!" Taeyeon was stunned. "I-I... wasn't. I mean, I was just telling the truth." His cheeks turned red embarrassingly as he couldn't look into Seohyun's eyes. But he unconsciously glanced to Tiffany's side.

 

"I know you're." Tease Seohyun by grinning.

 

"Tsk, can't you just finish your meal?" Taeyeon got annoyed.

 

"Tiffany Unnie is single either way. But got a lot of suitors around." Reminded Seohyun.

 

Just then, three boys approach Tiffany, handing her the strawberries. And she gladly accepted.

 

"Indeed." Taeyeon let out a sigh when he saw it.

 

"So, if you want to be her boyfriend, you gotta step up, Oppa!"

 

"As if your crush is doing the same?" He back.

 

Seohyun chuckled. "Yoona Oppa doesn't need to do that when I don't have many suitors." She honestly said.

 

"Aish, so much of that. Have you seen that sign?" Taeyeon was reminded.

 

"Yup. And Yuri absolutely did that. My mom hasn't seen that actually. I'm taking that off later."

 

"You better do. Or we will be in trouble." He warned in a low voice.

 

"Taeyeon-ah!" Suddenly they heard Tiffany's voice which made their attention shift to her.

 

"Oh hi, Tiff." Taeyeon waves his hand back, wearing such a bright smile.

 

"Good morning, Unnies." Seohyun greeted also with a brief smile.

 

"I've got a lot of strawberries here." Tiffany showed the plate. But she didn't wait for their response. She gets up and approaches them. "I can't finish this. I thought you guys might love strawberries." She flashes a cute smile to Taeyeon who smiled back at her.

 

"Thanks Unnie. But Taeyeon Oppa loves it." Seohyun declined, transferring the strawberries on her plate to him.

 

"Chincha, Taeyeon-ssi?" Tiffany put all the strawberries on his plate. "Thanks."

 

A fake smile is apparent on Taeyeon's face. But once she left, he kicks Seohyun under the table. "I can't finish this." He complained earning her stick of tongue and leaving the table. "Aish."

 

"Oh, Oppa. Help me later on in our practice." Said Seohyun before she completely left.

 

"I won't help you!" Taeyeon sticks his tongue out, back.

 

Jessica saw them and laugh. "They're indeed cousins."

 

"Aren't they?" Chuckled Tiffany. "Adorable." She unconsciously stares at Taeyeon and smiles in amusement as he enjoys her strawberries alone. Truth is, she had allergies to strawberries, she has never eaten them again since she was five.

 

:::

 

Upon hearing her phone ring, Tiffany stopped herself from walking out of the room and she turned. She approaches her bed just to see it's her mother. She picked it up nonchalantly.

 

[How's the camp so far, honey?]

 

"It's good, we won the first game Omma." She replied and sighed. She hated it when her mother calls about it. Yeah, she loves summer camp but she felt tired too, especially since her parents are expecting too much from her.

 

[That's good. I might come on the last day of the camp. See you soon honey.]

 

Ending the call, she throws the phone carelessly and finally comes out of the room. She joined her team as they skipped through the woods until they reach the next site of the game, which is shooting. Whichever team that didn't get any flag loses and those that got win. They're equipped with protectors around their bodies and each one of them has a water gun with the corresponding colors of their team.

 

Jessica and Tiffany knew the game well. They discussed their strategy with their team like a pro. Meanwhile, from Yoona's team, he is asking everyone to share all the strategies and he will just add his ideas. Seohyun is just chilling with her team, she knows most of her teams are younger but she's confident they'll win with her shooting skills.

 

Taeyeon and Yuri who are skipping the game can only watch from the side as all teams are gathered in their respective groups at their corresponding camp to protect. Both are so eager to get into their teams and help strategized them. But no, they can only glare at each other.

 

"Time's up." Mrs. Seo announced with a megaphone she was holding. She's on the hanging bridge between the trunks of the trees. "Get reaaaaddddyyyy!!!"

 

All campers hold their guns up, leveling with their eyes. Each camper has an eye against the other, as they can see through the telescope of their water guns.

 

Once the whistle was released, the blue team moves first, hiding in every trunk, bushes, and wall the camp provided.

 

Seohyun signals her team to stay as she checks every camp before her eyes. She smirk when she saw the blu team is moving and the Pink team follows.

 

"FIIIIREEEEE!!!" But Yoona announced it first, allowing his team to move fast and they got a few blue and pink team members.

 

"Retreat!" Jessica shouted to signal their team to speak back and hide behind the rocks and woods. They backfired as well when they got covered. But they stopped when they realized the blue team is attacking the green team.

 

Tiffany signals Jessica to attack the red team of Seohyun when she noticed they're quiet.

 

"Omo." Seohyun realized the pink team is eyeing them. "Protect our flag. You three, come with me." She told three of the male members and lead them to move forward. She saw Jessica hiding behind a trunk and readied herself.

 

When Tiffany was fired, however, she signals the members with her to fire back after. "Lets goooo!!!" She shouted and attack Tiffany while her other members attack Jessica and the rest of their team.

 

Tiffany close her eyes tight as she hides behind the rock. She peeks but red water is going straight towards her, which made her hide again. When she heard footsteps coming close, she got up but Seohyun was fast at pulling the trigger to shoot her in her stomach, which means she was out. "Ugh." She throws her gun elsewhere and walks to the side to watch the game.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona's team has entered the pink team's camp and got their flag before the blue team can. No one was protecting it so it was easy for them. "YAASSS!!!" Screamed Yoona at the top of his lungs while waving it.

 

"Green team got their first flag." Announced Mrs. Seo that echoes around the woods.

 

"Aish." Tiffany smacks her own forehead. They got a lot of members that were eliminated early that they weren't able to protect.

 

"And Blue team followed by getting Green Team's flag." added Mrs. Seo when she noticed one of the team members had waved the green team's flag.

 

'Seohyun's on the way to get theirs too.' Taeyeon was delighted to see the young girls’ team is advancing while some of them is protecting their flag.

 

"Red Team this is for you!!!" Seohyun also shouted for her team and send kisses to them, earning screams and shouts from her own team.

 

"Red Team got theirs too." Mrs. Seo later announced when Seohyun waves the blue flag. "And looks like only the Red flag remained in their camp. The pink team members are all eliminated. This means, the pink team loses the game and everyone with their flags wins this second game of the competition."

 

Tiffany felt nothing but embarrassed. She walked out without saying a word while everyone was celebrating by emptying their water guns.

 

"Fany?" Taeyeon noticed and he tried to catch up with her when Jessica hold his hand.

 

"Give him some space." said Jessica. "I think she expected to win."

 

Letting out a sigh, Taeyeon nods his head gently.

 

"Taeyeon Oppa, my team woooon!!!" Seohyun came running toward him and hug him.

 

"Congrats." Chuckled Taeyeon as he returned the hug.

 

"All won besides pink." Yuri said loud enough as they pass at them.

 

"Aish." Seohyun attempted to hit him but Taeyeon hold her by her arm. "I ing want to kick him." she muttered.

 

"Just let him. Remember, he holds something against us." Reminds Taeyeon, as he could only watch Yuri's back with intense eyes.

 

"I should go. Congrats, Seohyun-ah, and your team." Jessica smiled as she shakes hands with the younger girl.

 

"Thanks, Unnie." A big smile plastered Seohyun's face.

 

"Nice strategy your team got there, eh?" chuckled Jessica, giving her a pat on her shoulder before she leaves with her teammates.

 

Seohyun didn't say a word to Taeyeon as she approach Yoona. "Congrats Oppa." And congratulated him too by stretching her hand out and smiling from ear to ear.

 

"Yeah, you too." Yoona answered, shaking hands with her.

 

"Let's go, guys!" Taeyeon ushered them as he led them back to the campsite.

 

:::

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter