Red Team

Summer Camp
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

02 | Red Team

 

 

***

 

 

Slowly opening the door, Taeyeon peeks his head and check if there's anyone inside already. He's the first one to enter the room with two double-deck beds which made him enter the room and put his bag down.

 

"Hell yeah, the new camper is here."

 

He got startled when the doe-eyed entered the same cabin room, greeting him. "Im Yoona, bro. What's yours?" and introduced himself.

 

"Kim Taeyeon." He answered coyly, shaking hands with him.

 

"Oh, you're indeed new, I haven't heard that name." Yoona went to the opposite bed and took his seat. "Where are you from?"

 

'He's sweating.' Taeyeon finds it funny to see the sweats all over his face and it's because of his outfit. "Busan. You?"

 

"Seoul. The City of idols." Came Yoona's cheeky reply.

 

"Um, why are you wearing that? You know." Taeyeon tried to gesture his outfit.

 

"Oh, this? Aren't I cool?" Yoona grinned but casually ed his top.

 

"Cool? It's summer, bro." chuckled Taeyeon in amusement. "I mean, don't get me wrong but it doesn't fit."

 

"I love it when I got everyone's attention." said Yoona, giggling. "You see I'm part of trainee boys in an agency." He didn't even hesitate to share.

 

"Really? You must be so rich."

 

"Richer than anyone in our school." 

 

'Too full of himself.' Taeyeon commented in mind. "Nice."

 

"By the way, you know Seohyun right?" a big grin plastered on Yoona's face.

 

"Wae?" 

 

The door suddenly opens and Yuri appeared. "That means you're going to Red Team." He said nonchalantly as he put his bag over the top of Yoona's bed. 

 

"How sure are you of that?" Taeyeon reacted but is surprised inside that the latter is in the same room as them. 

 

"Every new camper goes to the red team." Yuri explained as he chuckles. "Meaning, you're an instant loser." 

 

"What?" Taeyeon couldn't hold back and he stood up but Yoona stands in between them immediately.

 

"Yah, we guys are friends here. We shouldn't be fighting." Yoona reminded as he put his arm on Taeyeon's shoulders. 

 

"Friend my . We're in a competition." Yuri snickered, sending glares to Taeyeon as he leaves the room.

 

Yoona immediately hug Taeyeon from behind when he attempted to follow Yuri. "Just don't mind him, Hyung. He is always like that."

 

"I thought everyone is as friendly as you." Taeyeon gets off of the younger boy's grasp.

 

"Anyway, it's not what I'm trying to say to you." Yoona almost forgot. He immediately a card from his backpack and handed it to the new camper. "You know Seohyun, so can you hand this to her?" he smiled brightly, hoping he will give him a favor.

 

"You like Seohyun?" Taeyeon widened his eyes. The card looks like a love letter.

 

"What?! No! It's not for her. It's for Tiffany Noona. She's a friend with her so can you do me a favor?"

 

"Chincha?" Taeyeon didn't expect it and snatch the card to check the letter. "She will not accept this." He returned it to him after just realizing it was too cheesy. 

 

"Why not? I put my feelings on this." Yoona is a bit hurt. "What's wrong with my letter?" and he pouted cutely.

 

"Too cheesy. You just copy that on the internet, didn't you?" teases Taeyeon while grinning.

 

"Yah, for your information, I'm good at words. I never copy anything on the internet. Aish. I'll just hand this to Seohyun myself and ask her help."

 

"Oh please no." Taeyeon took the letter back before he could leave the room. "I'll hand it myself." He changes his mind that instant doesn't want to hurt Seohyun by knowing her crush likes someone else.

 

"Chincha? Yay, thanks bro." Yoona smiled brightly. He took his seat back to his bed to unpack his clothes.

 

Taeyeon on the other hand just keeps the card in his bag and resumes unpacking too. 

 

"Seohyun's not bad, to be honest. But Tiffany Noona, she's the most beautiful in the camp." Yoona giggles, once again daydreaming.

 

"I'm not asking." muttered Taeyeon. 'Aish, Seohyun's right. Tiffany's getting attention from every camper.'

 

"I just want you to know, so you wouldn't think I'm taking advantage of her kindness."

 

"You don't even know yet if she's going to give it." 

 

"Ha! I don't think she won't. I know she will." Yoona wink, confident Seohyun will not even hesitate. 

 

"Aren't you guys friends?" Taeyeon got curious. 

 

"We're... but not that close."

 

"Really? Then why don't you give it to her yourself?"

 

"You snatch the card, Hyung." Yoona reminded as he smiled at him in amusement.

 

"Oh yeah. Hahaha." Taeyeon laughs awkwardly. 'Aigoo, Seohyun will really be hurt if she knows this.' He thought at the back of his head, sighing in the process as he glances at the younger boy who is like a fool, smiling on his own. 'Aish, why do I have a weird roommate?'

 

 

:::

 

 

Stepping out of the room, Taeyeon immediately smiles when he was greeted by campers, passing by their room with good smiles and laughter. The day is bright and he feels as if it's going to end with a happy note. 

 

"Oppa!"

 

Seohyun's voice can be heard on his left, he immediately turns and waves his hand brightly.

 

"Seohyun-ah!"

 

"Who did you end up sharing the room?" ask Seohyun as she approached her. She has changed her outfit to a yellow dress matching her yellow headband.

 

"Whoa, look at you, so pretty." Taeyeon praises. "And so bright. And yeah, I end up with your crush and Yuri." he shares.

 

"Omo, Chincha? Kyaaaa, I'm so envy." Seohyun sighs pouts. "Is he inside?" and she tried to pass at Taeyeon but the latter held her shoulder, stopping her. 

 

"Why would you envy when you can't share a room with a boy." chuckled Taeyeon softly. "Your crush on him is just out of this world. "He's not inside. You should tour me around now, just like you have promised."

 

"Where was he though?" Seohyun complied and lead the way. 

 

"He said to the lake with his team." said Taeyeon, putting his right hand over the pocket of his shorts, which remind him of the letter as he can feel it there.

 

"Oh, most campers are checking it there." 

 

"Wae?"

 

"There's a water activity as well and they're checking it there so they know how will their strategy be."

 

Taeyeon stopped them from their tracks. "And why are you here?" he wonders.

 

"I've been in this camp for almost a decade, Oppa. I have already memorized what to do."

 

"Chincha? But I haven't seen you talking with your team?"

 

"My team is just chilling, don't worry about them." Seohyun giggles. She grabs Taeyeon's arm and proceeds on their walk to the booths, passing the aisle of bushes and trees that lead to it.

 

"No wonder your team doesn't win always. You guys don't care to win?" Taeyeon chuckled in disbelief.

 

"Who says that? Yah, we care for it too. We just like to enjoy the activities. And I don't want to pressure them." Seohyun explained herself. "But I'm sure we're winning this time, with you in our team."

 

"As if I will be in your team."

 

"Let's see it tonight." 

 

Taeyeon scoffs when he saw the wink Seohyun did. "And why are we here?" Then he realized they're reaching the camp's booth that sells different kinds of stuff, like cookies, T-shirts, mugs, and caps.

 

"You told me to tour you around this camp? Well, we're in this place where they sell items in order to buy tools they need for every activity." Seohyun explained as they reached the pink booth that sells cookies. "Hi Unnie." and she brightly waves her hand to Jessica.

 

"Oh, hi, Seohyun-ah. Who are you with?" Jessica immediately noticed the new face behind the younger girl.

 

"Taeyeon, my cousin from Busan." Seohyun introduced, flashing a knowing smile to the older one behind her.

 

"I'm Kim Taeyeon." Taeyeon introduced himself, holding out his hand to the blonde.

 

"Jessica Jung." Jessica smiled back brightly as they shook hands. But the latter let go immediately. "So what flavor do you like, Seohyun-ah?" she returned her attention to the younger.

 

"You Oppa? What do you like?" Seohyun however shifted to Taeyeon, eyes sparkling as she anticipates his answer.

 

"I don't... have any favorites." said Taeyeon, glancing at the cookies and smile awkwardly.

 

"Chincha? Okay, let's just get this." Without having her own favorite too, Seohyun pick the green cookie randomly. 

 

"That's a green tea cookie." Jessica raises her eyebrows. "Are you sure about that?"

 

"I love tea, Unnie." Seohyun explained as if she did.

 

"Really?" Taeyeon didn't expect that.

 

"We're getting this." Without warning, Seohyun took the box of green tea cookies then handed it to Taeyeon. "Let's go Oppa." she grabs his arm and drags him but only to stop.

 

"Yah, pay for it." Tiffany arrived at their booth and quickly shouted at the two culprits.

 

"I told you last time Unnie, I'm-"

 

"How much is it?" Taeyeon interrupted Seohyun as he drags Seohyun back to the booth instead. He doesn't have enough money but who knows it's just cheap.

 

"Just five dollars." Jessica said, flashing a genuine smile to Taeyeon. 

 

"Yah, Oppa, I don't have money." Seohyun confessed earning chuckles from Tiffany.

 

"That's why you stole it in broad daylight." Tiffany couldn't believe it yet she finds it adorable.

 

"I did not. I told you earlier I'm going to ask for a box and pay for it later." Seohyun reminded, sending playful glares to the two older girls.

 

"It's okay, Seohyun-ah. I got it." chuckled Taeyeon, taking his purse from his pocket but find out he left the money in his bag. "Oh." He looked at Seohyun slowly with an awkward smile.

 

"Looks like you guys can't pay for it." Tiffany giggles. "How about we play rock paper scissors and if you guys win, it's free." she challenged, smirking at the new camper.

 

Taeyeon gulped nervously as his heart skipped a beat. But as he open his lips, Seohyun shook hands with her.

 

"Deal. But Taeyeon Oppa will play for us." Announced Seohyun.

 

"What?" 

 

"Come on Oppa, I know you'll win us. It's a good practice also for the competition." 

 

Jessica giggles. "Seohyun's really serious about this. I'll play for us." and she also announced.

 

"No, we're both playing, Sica. I'll play once you're done."

 

"What is this, 2 versus one?" Taeyeon exclaimed. "That's unfair."

 

"I think it's okay Oppa. I know you can do it." Seohyun positively reacted, giggling.

 

Taeyeon scoffs in disbelief.

 

"And it's for the cookies." Seohyun cutely smiled, showing the box.

 

"Fine." Taeyeon sighed in defeat.  

 

"Okay, I'll go first." Jessica immediately volunteered as she stepped out of the booth and approach Taeyeon. "Ready?" she smirks at him.

 

Taeyeon is agape and couldn't say a word. He took a glance at Tiffany and the latter smiled. "Okay." He readies himself as well by forming his right hand into a fist.

 

"Five rounds of play."

 

"De

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter