I'll go with you

Be loved in house (Taiwanese bl series): My version

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I didn't really plan to continue writing. But here you go :) Somehow It turned out to be short and a bit angsty. 

Really looking forward to your feedback and want to say thank you to those few people supporting me! Guys, you are my main motivation! ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

«Okay, I'll tell him about the picnic», Shi Lei swiftly drank up his coffee and rushed out from the café but only to suddenly stop in his tracks a minute later. The past two days that he had been avoiding Jin Yu Zhen flashed before his eyes. How could he start speaking to him again? It seemed as if an invisible wall grew up between them making it impossible to reach for each other. Every time Shi Lei was around Yu Zhen he could barely get the words out of his mouth and he wouldn't break into an involuntary smile anymore like he did before when their eyes met. The few glances they had shared since then were full of silent questions and melancholy. Shi Lei wished everything had been back to normal, so that they could smile and laugh together and share those sporadic moments of tenderness that he was desperately yearning for now. He knew that he was the one to blame for getting back to acting like strangers and it was him keeping the distance, but Jin Yu Zhen, obviously, still felt something for Yi Zi Tong and Shi Lei didn't want to interfere. He believed Yu Zhen had to deal with his past on his own and there was no place for Shi Lei in that story.

After aimlessly wandering around the district for almost an hour, thinking how to convey Zhao Gang's invitation, Shi Lei finally decided to write it on a piece of paper and put it on Yu Zhen's bed or leave it in the kitchen. If somebody asked him why he wouldn't opt for just texting Yu Zhen, Shi Lei wouldn't be able to answer, at that moment he simply felt that it was more appropriate or maybe he was just too much afraid of Yu Zhen texting him back. Cheered up by that 'brilliant' idea Shi Lei finally headed home. 

Yu Zhen's shoes weren't on the shoe shelf, so he nonchalantly walked in and then towards his own room not being afraid of having to face his housemate. He felt relieved and sad at the same time and tried not to think that Yu Zhen might be with Zi Tong again. Fighting with those nagging thoughts he walked into his room and... got caught off guard by a smiling Yu Zhen waiting for him there. The moment dumbfounded Shi Lei managed to utter, «Jin Yu Zhen», he was grabbed by shoulders and thrown onto the bed. Shi Lei felt that he couldn't move, partly because one of Yu Zhen's arms was firmly pinning him to the mattress and partly because he subconsciously didn't want to. He missed Yu Zhen and his touch, and being that close to him. But in a blink of an eye Shi Lei pulled himself together and started to protest and trying to break loose from Yu Zhen's grip. Surprisingly he met no resistance from his housemate and was already sitting on the bed facing Yu Zhen standing before him the arms crossed over his chest. 

«What on earth do you think you're doing!?», Shi Lei almost shouted looking daggers at Jin Yu Zhen. «You can't just jump at people and throw them around as you please. I though somebody broke into the house. I got scared to death!» Yu Zhen didn't answer anything and was only looking attentively at Shi Lei as if waiting for something. «Why did you do this?», asked Shi Lei once again looking for the answers in his boss's eyes. 

«I had no choice, you've been avoiding me for two days already», said Yu Zhen quietly with a hint of reproach in his voice. 

«No, I haven't», Shi Lei knew it was a lie, but there was no way for him to admit he had. 

«Fine, if you say so, then ok», suddenly Yu Zhen seemed to be utterly ruined and exhausted. «I have something to tell you...», he made a long pause and Shi Lei could almost palpate the inner struggle the man in front of him was going through. «I... Shi Lei, I...», Yu Zhen sighed and looked away.

«I also have something to tell you», Shi Lei didn't want to see Yu Zhen suffer and struggle and opted to take the matters into his own hands. Jin Yu Zhen looked at him with dim sparkles of hope into his eyes ready to turn into bright shining beams any moment. 

«Well, Zhao Gang wants to invite you to a picnic this weekend to thank you for keeping their relationship a secret», Shi Lei was almost proud of himself that he had managed to turn an awkward situation into a casual talk. «I said you might be busy, but he insists». 

The sparkles went out without having a chance to flare up.

Yu Zhen's heart sank and the exhausted and pained expression reto his face. «I'll go only if you go», his voice monotonous but firm. 

«No, I...», Shi Lei wanted to say he wasn't going to go and had no reason to go with them, but then the eyes in front of him him with such amount of pain and heartache that he couldn't handle to see. Without thinking about consequences and his decision to stay away he instinctively wrapped his arms around Yu Zhen's waist and pulled him closer breathing in the familiar scent that he had missed so much, and that made him a bit dizzy. At first Yu Zhen continued standing still, his arms crossed, but then gradually as if thawed out he put his arms around the younger's neck and bent down to nestle his chin on Shi Lei's head. How much the latter wished he could alleviate at least a mite of Yu Zhen's suffering, how much he wished Yu Zhen would let him in and open up. But none of them said anything and after staying like that for a while they just parted and pretended nothing had happened. 

«I'll go with you», heard Jin Yu Zhen when he was about to close the door behind him. He only hummed in response, but a weak smile touched his lips.