A mysterious stranger

Be loved in house (Taiwanese bl series): My version

Even though Shi Lei said to Wang Jing that he knew what to do he still didn’t know how to do it. So he was imagining the confession in his head. Should I just walk into his study and say «I need to speak to you», then go into the corner where nobody can see us through the glass door and ask him to come up to me. If he refuses I’ll take him by his hand and drag there myself. Then I’ll just hug him and fist kiss the right side of his neck, then the chin and then… finally the lips. Thinking that Shi Lei couldn’t help but remember the accidental almost-kiss they had not so long time ago, and the memory of Jin Yu Zhen’s lips on his made him both embarrassed and giddy. No! I don’t want to kiss him in the office. What if someone walks in? It’ll be ruined. But... if he does it himself, I’m not going to complain. Shi Lei smiled at the thought. 

 

Ok, should I just ask him, «Do you have an answer to my question yet?» He will ask me, «Which question?» «About us. Who am I to you?» I’ll look into his eyes (hope I don’t become dazed, but I might) and… Well, I’ve read somewhere that you need to repeat in your head the things you feel and then your eyes will translate the message. So I should look into his eyes and repeat to myself «Jin Yu Zhen, can’t you see I’m so much in love with you? I think, I love you.» Maybe I’ll put my hand over his and... No, I’ll just ask, «Have you already thought what our relationship is?», looking at him intensely. He will answer, «Shi Lei, the apple of my eye (Shi Lei sniggered at the idea), let’s speak about it at home.» He pouted. Right, he might simply avoid answering the question or ignore it. I need to be more decisive and pushy myself, «Jin Yu Zhen, I’m going to break your rule, do whatever you want!», and then kiss him! Not bad, but I’ve decided not to do it in the office. Fine. «Jin Yu Zhen, I like you! What are you going to do about it?» Ahh, sounds like a line from a stupid romantic film. 

 

Then Shi Lei became serious. Why am I so sure he is going to be happy about my confession? I’d better prepare myself for the worst, as usual. Okay, I’ll just come into his office and look at him without saying a word. When he asks what’s happened I’ll answer, «I just wanted to say I like you. I know, you don’t like me back, but I really can’t keep all these feelings inside anymore.» Maybe he’ll tell me to resign, but who cares? If I say everything, I’ll finally become myself again, no matter what his answer is. I’m thinking about him day and night, I can’t continue like that.

 

Thinking that he rushed to the workshop determined to tell everything and hoping that this confession wasn’t going to turn into a failure like all of them had done before. I should think positively. Shi Lei smiled to cheer himself up and literally ran into the workshop. «Jin Yu Zhen, I need to speak to you!», he started lively, but then stopped short. A tall handsome guy was standing right opposite their boss and was holding Fragrance of B612 in his hand. The stranger was smirking at Jin Yu Zhen and impudently looking into his eyes as if he had the right to do so. Shi Lei had never seen such an expression on Jin Yu Zhen’s face: hurt, gobsmacked, lost and hostile, and it instantly made his stomach go in knots. Yu Zhen didn’t even look into Shi Lei’s direction.

 

After a short exchange that made it clear to everyone those two had known each other before, Jin Yu Zhen invited the man into his office. And Shi Lei remained standing there, stupefied and bewildered. There was an awkward silence in the workshop, but then everyone just came back to work. Shi Lei sat at his desk and pretended being busy but all he could do was to crane his neck to see better what was going on in the director’s office. He definitely didn’t like what he saw. 

 

Jin Yu Zhen was sitting at his desk looking in front of him and the visitor was standing before him, smug and unduly familiar. How dare he treat our… No, MY Jin Yu Zhen this way?  Shi Lei’s eyes widened and he indignantly snorted when the man perched onto the director’s desk and slipped his fingers towards Yu Zhen’s hand. It was part of HIS, Shi Lei’s scenario of confession (well, one of them), and now that fop was touching Yu Zhen and the latter wouldn’t even pull his hand away. If before he was only tormented by doubts whether Yu Zhen liked him or not, now a new and unpleasant feeling of jealousy was at his service burning him from inside. He didn’t know what they were speaking about but could clearly see Yu Zhen showed no resistance to the actions of that guy, and that hurt. Then about ten minutes later the director and his guest walked out of the workshop, Shi Lei’s heart sunk and he felt as if something tore inside.

 

Fine! Enjoy each other’s company! Shi Lei tried to go on working, but couldn’t concentrate on anything he was trying to do, so he plunged into his thoughts instead.

 

Why am I jumping to conclusions? Maybe they are cousins? Friends? But why was Yu Zhen so shocked and nervous when he saw him today, and how on Earth did that guy have Fragrance of B612? What if… What if it’s his ex? No, no way! Why do I even think the director likes men in the first place? But if it’s really him, does it mean they are going to get back together? I believe Jin Yu Zhen still loves his ex hence this Singlehood rule in the office. Since he couldn’t be together with him, he didn’t want to see other happy couples. And is it possible that the director tricked us and was planning to give the jewel we designed to this guy form the very beginning in order to show his feelings and to make this guy come back? 

 

Jin Yu Zhen didn’t come back to the office that day so Shi Lei didn’t want to go home, too much afraid of finding out that his housemate wasn’t at home yet and therefore being together with that guy. When Shi Lei finally came home at about midnight he felt a strange urge to avoid Jin Yu Zhen, so he quietly sneaked into his room and then to the shower. The water always helped to clear up his mind, though it didn’t help much that time. All he wanted  was to hide somewhere and not to see anyone for a week or may be a year. However, when he was going out from the bathroom he almost bumped into Yu Zhen. Panickng he slammed the door in Jin Yu Zhen’s face and waited till his housemate left.

 

***

Shi Lei had been avoiding him for the whole day at work and at home and Yu Zhen couldn’t understand the reason behind these changes in the younger’s behaviour. Was it because of how he reacted to seeing Si Qi and Zhao Gang together? Or because he didn’t answer Shi Lei’s question about their relationship?  Or was it because of Yi Zi Tong somehow? It’s been only a day without speaking to him and Yu Zhen missed his housemate already. Sure, he could have repeated the trick with the itchy back but he didn’t want to manipulate him anymore and he wasn’t really proud of that time in the café. He had a much better plan. 

 

***

When Shi Lei came back home that day Yu Zhen’s shoes weren’t on the shelf, so he nonchalantly walked towards his room not being afraid of getting caught. He turned the doorknob and walked inside having no idea that a moment later he would be caught off guard by a smiling Yu Zhen waiting for him there. Shi Lei’s boss grabbed him by shoulders and threw him on the bed. Not paying attention to Shi Lei’s grudging and indignation he just stood there smiling and watching Shi Lei in a very amused way.