What happened after

Be loved in house (Taiwanese bl series): My version

2021-06-27-23-00-22

Shi Lei suddenly felt his stomach flutter at the touch of Yu Zhen’s nape against his cheek. Confused he rose from the sofa and stuttered, "I’ll bring some water." But in the blink of an eye the director pulled him back by the hand and nestled his head against the younger’s torso.

"Please, don’t", he whispered, his hand caressing Shi Lei’s arm.

Wait! What is really happening? His boss is clinging to him and begging not to leave him. The boss that he hated so much merely a month ago! Shi Lei gasped and then realised to his own surprise that he had forgotten how to breathe. Blood rushed to his face. Like enchanted he ran his fingers through his housemate’s hair and then down to his back and started gently tracing circles on it to relieve the painful itch.

"I’m not going anywhere", Shi Lei didn’t recognise his own voice: it was hoarse and barely audible. He never knew his boss could be that fragile and vulnerable. Even though he once said to Yu Zhen that he was bossy and made up those idiotic rules only because he wanted to hide his weakness and feebleness. Back then Shi Lei wasn’t serious, he just wanted to pick on the person he disliked. So he might have finally rejoiced at being right, but instead felt an urge to soothe the director’s pain and protect him from the outer world.  Everyone had already noticed it before Shi Lei himself: he definitely cared about the director. But what’s wrong about it? They are in the same team after all. Moreover, Yu Zhen took care of him when he had a fever. It’s just a way to repay his kindness.

Shi Lei didn’t understand how but he ended up sitting on the sofa Yu Zhen’s head in his lap, still gingerly his former enemy’s back.

"Try to sleep, you must be really tired. I’m so sorry you had to stay up all night."

"I can’t sleep because I need to finish the presentation for the project," mumbled Yu Zhen.

"We’ll finish it after you rest a bit, together. And now just sleep and don’t worry about anything."

Yu Zhen was so exhausted that he gave in. Before long his body went limp in Shi Lei’s arms and his breathing became steady and monotonous.

"I’m sorry I behaved like a heartless idiot," whispered the jeweller and caressed the sleeping man’s hair, "but you are not better yourself with your stupid rules."

And thus, with these words, the spell was  broken. Even though he still wished they could stay like that a bit longer Shi Lei didn’t want his mum to see them and she was about to come back home, moreover, his legs were starting to get numb. Stealthily, like a cat, he replaced himself with a couple of cushions and quietly crawled away making sure he hadn’t woken Jin Yu Zhen up. He took his laptop and settled in the living room thinking on that new project and guarding the director's sleep. 

"Lei Lei, I’m home!" Shi Lei’s mum just entered the door and was changing her shoes for slippers.

"Shh, he’s sleeping, mum," almost in panic her son looked at her and pressed his index finger to his lips.

She mimed back that she’d understood and lovingly smiled at the way her son was so protective about Xiao Zhen. 

"I’ll help you to cook dinner, mum. I’m stuck with this project anyways," he whispered. But it wasn’t the only reason. He wanted to learn more about cooking nickel-free dishes and what products were dangerous for his housemate. He didn’t want him to suffer the way he did that day again.

 

By the time Jin Yu Zhen had woken up he felt much better. His mind was clear and the back wasn’t itching that badly anymore. Though he was a bit delirious before, he remembered everything, all the hugs and caresses Shi Lei had given him. It’s been a while since someone cared about me that much. Yu Zhen chuckled. He’s confronting me all the time yet, at times, he’s so soft and gentle.

 

"How do you feel? Better?" Shi Lei heard him moving and was already standing beside the sofa suddenly way too embarrassed to look him into eyes.

"Uhm, thanks!" the sight of an unusually shy Shi Lei made him chuckle again.

"Do you want to eat... may be? We’ve cooked dinner." the younger man stealthily peeked at his boss and silently scolded himself for behaving like that.

"Sure, I’m coming. Thank you!"

"Okay." Shi Lei moved towards the kitchen but since his eyes were still lowered and he wasn't looking in front of him, he ended up bumping into Yu Zhen’s chest. Oh no, again!