Happier (Special Chap)

Baka Di Tayo (Minayeon)

Part Two of Baka Di Tayo and probably will be the last one since this is supposedly just a one shot. Someone requested another chap and would want to know Nayeon’s side/answer. So here it is. J

 

 

 

This will show Nayeon’s part… therefore, everything will be Nayeon’s POV.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But first...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Narrator’s POV…

 

The love of her life, decided to end their relationship. Pero hindi naman masisisi ni Nayeon si Mina. She was an . Well, at least on  the latter part of their relationship. Nayeon treated her like she wasn’t her fiancé. She forgot, she got accustomed to Mina just sitting there, waiting for her, patiently trying to understand her. She didn’t expect, nor she didn’t see it coming. That after their major fight, she will just break up with her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The one whole month of not communicating with Mina, Nayeon spent it finding herself. She tried to repent on all of the things she did. On why Mina’s hurt lately, what she lacks, when it started changing. Hindi sya nagparamdam not because she was too busy with Jeongyeon. She just felt like it’s better to give each other some space. So both of them can breathe. So she somehow would stop hurting Mina and not to make the situation worse.

 

 

 

 

 

 

But boy, she was wrong. She decided all of that by herself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If she let Mina know that they are just taking time off from each other, maiisip ba ni Mina na bumitaw nalang?

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe no?

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe breaking up with each other isn’t even an option to begin with.

 

 

 

 

 

If they communicated better, will they be in this situation?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon’s POV

 

 

 

Another cold Monday night. It’s summer pero hindi ko alam kung bakit ang lamig?

 

 

 

 

It’s been a month, one month since she decided to break things off with me. Simula noon, it’s been a habit for me to just walk. I’ve been walking going to work and going home. Maybe to keep my mind busy? To not think of it? And to avoid being involved in an accident? It’s been hard to keep my focus at ayokong may madamay na ibang tao sa problema ko, kagaya ng nangyari samin.

 

 

 

These familiar streets. The bright lights that we used to enjoy, now it just blinds me.

 

 

 

 

I halted when one familiar figure came into my view. Hindi naman lingid sa akin na hindi sya umalis sa lugar na ‘to. I felt happy, for the first time since that night, I was able to see her again. I got so excited that I started walking towards her.

 

 

 

 

Kaso, she’s with someone else. The happiness I felt earlier were taken away from me, in an instant. When she faced sideways, nakita ko kung gaano sya kasaya. That sparkle in her eyes, her gummy smile. Gaano katagal na nga ba ang lumipas simula nung huling beses ko yan nasaksihan?

 

 

 

 

I didn’t know why, but I silently followed you and her. You both went inside a bar at hindi napalagpas ng mga mata ko kung paano sya nag-lean papalapit sayo… kung paano unti-unting lumawak ang mga ngiti mo hanggang mapatawa ka na nya… that used to be me.

 

 

 

 

I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours and by that, it was confirmed that you are happier now. Without me, in your life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hurriedly went home. We I have a mini bar at home, I sat there and drank all my worries and pain away.

 

 

 

 

I lost count on how many bottles of soju I have already finished.

 

 

 

 

Now, I’m nursing an empty bottle and telling myself you’re happier, aren’t you?

 

 

 

 

Everything in this house reminds me of you, of our memories together. I feel like I’m crazy, one moment I was crying, crying because of the pain when you left. Then I’ll smile, because I’ll remember all the happy moments we shared. But afterwards, my tears will keep on falling but I can’t help not to laugh.

 

 

 

 

I’m laughing at myself.

 

 

 

 

How pathetic my situation is. How pitiful I am now.

 

 

 

 

And I know, I caused this to myself.

 

 

 

 

If I knew better, I could’ve prevented all of these.

 

 

 

 

But, I did not.

 

 

 

 

Now, I know I’m late from realizing all of these, from wanting to make it up to her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘And please, don’t stop me from getting my happiness. I deserve that too.’

 

 

 

Paulit-ulit kong naririnig. Paulit-ulit kong nakikita sa utak ko. Those were the last words you said before you left me on that place.

 

 

 

 

Will I be that selfish if I’ve thought of running after you? On pursuing you again?

 

 

 

 

Will you call me selfish if I’ve thought of maybe I can be your happiness again?

 

 

 

 

I’ve averted my eyes from the table and started at our living room. Another surge of pain pinched my heart. The last memory we had in this place was the one where you were practically begging for my time. You kept on asking when will I give you my time, if you did something that made me mad.

 

 

 

All those things you said, they were enough as my wake up call. I’ve treated you badly, I even forgot our anniversary. Much to my shame, I didn’t even say sorry, because I honestly don’t know how. I know it looked like I’ve prioritized my company over you.

 

 

 

 

Momo and Sana, they were your close friends, of course they got mad at me, but they said, I am their friend too, so they kept in touch with me. They told me everything. You thought there’s something going on between me and Jeongyeon. Ni hindi man lang ako nakapagpaliwanag sayo, ng lahat, kung bakit tayo nagkaganito.

 

 

 

 

Me and her were long over. I am not dumb to notice that she still treats me differently from her set of friends, but I made sure to keep a line between us. Nothing happened, we remained as close friends. But I can’t blame Mina if she thought of something else.

 

 

 

 

 

Everytime I had to cancel our plans, Jeongyeon was always part of the reason. We’re always together, we became inseparable. But that I can’t avoid. We were business partners. By the time Mina and I’s relationship started falling apart, that was also the time our company’s profit started going down. We’re losing clients, no projects were being received.

 

 

 

 

 

 

We were just a starting company and we cannot afford losing bigtime. Especially dad trusted me on this. I was able to build it because of Mina, she was my inspiration. But partly, because of Jeongyeon too. She backed me up with my father. When I said I don’t want to take over our family business and that I want to start one under my own name, from scratch. That’s why we had to double our efforts of maintaining it and not to acquire any losses. That was the reason why out of town meetings happened, why my dad would want to meet us both and not Mina.

 

 

 

 

 

I was able to save my company, but I wasn’t able to save our relationship.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Remind me again why would I want to keep everything still, when the main reason why I worked hard is already gone?

 

 

 

 

 

 

I should’ve done better. But no, I’m just one useless brat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dapat nakipag-usap ako sa kanya, dapat ipinaliwanag ko agad. Dapat, dapat hindi ko sya paulit ulit na binalewala.

 

 

 

 

 

I took her for granted. Her patience, her understanding. I should’ve seen those signs, those signs na pagod na sya, na unti unti na syang bumibitaw. I should’ve held it in tighter, but I got too occupied that I became insensitive of her, of her feelings.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Flashforward…

 

 

 

Friday night. Same old routine and its as if fate is testing me, our paths have crossed again. But I can’t let you see me, right? Or else, it will ruin your happiness.

 

 

 

 

Your glow is different. Hindi nawala sa mga labi mo ang ngiti. I can ever hear your faint laugh.

 

 

 

 

You’re happy, that’s all that matters. She can make you happier than I can.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And by that, I surrender.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just by looking at you now, it’s just today that I can form answers to everything you’ve told me that night.

 

 

(a/n: bold & italics – Mina)

 

 

 

 

 

‘Let’s end this. I’m breaking up with you, Nayeon.’

 

 

 

Right, let’s end this now. I’m letting you go completely, Mina.

 

 

 

‘Thank you. Thank you for everything.’

 

 

 

I should be the one saying thank you to you. Thank you for staying when I can’t even give you an ounce of my time and attention. When I can’t even show and let you feel all the love I have for you.

 

 

 

‘Salamat sa ilang taong pagpaparamdam kung paano mahalin. Kung paano maging importante at maging mundo ng ibang tao.’

 

 

 

If you only knew kung gaano hindi sapat lahat ng nabigay ko sayo. They were nothing compared to the pain I’ve given you.

 

 

 

‘Salamat din for all the heartbreaks, I guess? Without those, I won’t learn.’

 

 

 

You shouldn’t be thanking me for that. But I learnt my lesson too.

 

 

 

‘Please keep in mind that there was once a Myoui Mina, who came to your life and loved you dearly, Nayeon.’

 

 

 

 

I would never dare to forget anything about you. But my darling, please know that I am still in love with you… I know for now it will be best for me to just keep it to myself and cherish it until the day it fades.

 

 

 

 

‘I no longer want to be involved in this, Nay. I don’t want to hinder you from getting your happiness. And please, don’t stop me from getting my happiness. I deserve that too.’

 

 

 

 

Baby, you look happier, you do and that’s with Chaeyoung... this is my line for you now, I won’t be the one to pull back your happiness. I don’t have the heart to ruin your peace.

 

 

 

 

 

I knew one day you’d fall for someone new…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hope she won’t break your heart like I did.       

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But unlike how Ed Sheeran ended his song, know that I won’t be waiting here for you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Would you run away with me this time, Nayeonnie?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: if someone’s reading this, thank you for your time and  for reaching this part. Communication is the key, yes I do believe in that. No matter how mad, confused or busy we are, we should make sure to communicate well and relay whatever is happening or whatever it is that we’re thinking especially to our love ones. Some might question the part where it was just a month since Mina and Nayeon broke up, but Mina is already seen with Chaeyoung. Moving on is a process and we all do have a different ways on how we deal with something like pain and moving on. There’s no such rule that we have to at least give 3 months before starting to date again. It depends on the individual on how  they would like to handle it. Lastly, self-love and acceptance, remember that happiness starts within oneself. We always have to choose ourselves first so we won’t lose it in the long run. Abrupt pain can be dealt with easier than picking up the pieces slowly once you’ve completely lost it.