I Like U

I Like U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Where Minjeong and Jimin are friends with benefit with one party catching feelings, the other not so much (suggestive themes implied)

"There's really no point of dating someone if on the first day I'll already wonder when would the break up happen. "

 That still bothered Jimin till today, the fact that Minjeong can say that with a smile on her face without a hint of lie. Is that how she feels about relationships? Just a fleeting experience for both parties? She knows that the younger doesn't have any romantic relationship in the span that they know one another so was it something that happened in the past that made her think so?

 Or was it because of the sudden confession from a close friend that made her say that? 

 She can't exactly find a point in time where Winter would be like that cause the shorter girl just avoids talking about love whenever they were done. Their pillow talk just consists of light teasing, some poking but never about their love life-  specifically Minjeong's. She thought she knew a lot about Minjeong but that just opened more questions in her head. She could ask her why that happened or why would she think of it like that but it felt like she's prying a bit too much in Minjeong's life. The younger has made her line clear on what she's open with in their sort of messed up relationship. 

 Knowing how the other's work, Minjeong knowing Jimin's weak spot, knowing what could make her beg, what words would put her at an edge- Jimin just knows that Minjeong can make everything go her way when they're in their own comfort. 

 She loves that of course, Jimin can never deny how good the girl makes her feel but it backfired the moment Jimin paid attention to Minjeong outside of their comfort space. How Minjeong takes off her flannel when she saw a cold Jimin after the rain, how her laughs sounds like a perfectly mastered melody that heals people, how her smile could melt ice creams with how radiant it is. 

 Jimin was the one that said everything is just physical yet here she was, the one falling in a never-ending hole known as Kim Minjeong. It hurts of course to know that Minjeong would never give a proper reply to that but it's okay as long as she's the only one that Minjeong lays her fingers on. She told herself that regularly for no reason. Or there was a reason but she herself just doesn't want to face it. 

 Yet here she was, hanging out with the person called Winter like what she said wasn't a big deal. 

"You're spacing out Jimin-unnie, something bothering you?" Minjeong leaned her head to one side, left hand with an iced Americano while her right hand waved in front of the taller girl. Jimin flustered from the gesture and looked away, sipping her tea before looking back at the smiling girl in front of her. Their lectures ended around the same time and Jimin texted her if she's free which brought them here, to a cafe near Minjeong's place. 

 "Nothing, just wondered why my puppy is good-looking today~" Jimin giggled when she saw Minjeong rolling her eyes with a huff from the statement, a hint of red on her cheeks. Still, she said the truth about how good-looking Minjeong looked today. Not like she never was but today she really did perfected it, white hoodie paired with light blue skinny jeans topped, the same royal blue Vans that would be at Jimin's front door when she's staying over and the black snapback Jimin saw Minjeong bought a few weeks back. Maybe it was her feelings adding a filter to how she sees Minjeong but that never really did stop her from starting what they have now.

 "I'm always good-looking though but in a more serious note regarding me dressing up slightly more than usual, a friend of mine had extra tickets for a movie and something along a double date. Or blind date, I dont know." 

 Jimin tried her best to smile from the announcement even though inside her, she's going through a spiral of emotions, dread being one of them. Is she gonna lose Minjeong if things went well? Or would it just cement the fact that Kim Minjeong doesn't date or stay in a relationship for long? The idea just scares Jimin. 

 "So are you gonna leave me behind after things went well with this so-called date of yours? I'll be hurt~" She pouted playfully. Minjeong just shrugged her shoulder before leaning forward to Jimin, a bit too close for the older's comfort as they were still in a public space yet it felt like that was their distance, dangerously close yet still far enough for their own safety. 

 "I don't think I can leave you easily Jimin, I like having you under me at times."

"YAH KIM MINJEONG!"

 They didn't date after that, which Jimin is thankful for but she doesn't like how close that girl was with Minjeong. Poking her dimples, clinging to her publicly, things that Jimin would love to do with Minjeong but thanks to their unspoken rule, she doesn't. She may have been intimate with her but they still have that fair line that shouldn't be crossed. She wanted to pull that girl away from Minjeong and tell her whose nails left scratches behind the younger's back, heck she wanted to tell that to the whole campus who laid eyes on Minjeong but she's not that kind of person. 

 She think she isn't but Kim Minjeong made her want to do it. 

 "Are you sure you two aren't dating at all, Minjeong? You seem awfully close to one another to the point people just assume you're an item."

 "What? No- Yerim is just a friend, a clingy one but still just a friend. Heck, she has a crush on someone I forgot her name that she's using me to bait her, isn't that just mean?"

 "Whatever you say but still, people assume-"

 "Well screw them cause they're going on baseless assumption. You don't think the same now right?"

 "... Of course I don't. Imagine how she'd feel if she knew what we do behind closed doors."

 Why does that conversation still linger in her mind? It's as if Minjeong's pulling her to play this stupid game of love yet Jimin knows that she'll lose the game. Minjeong doesn't date and that's that. As stupidly in love she is to her, Jimin knows it's better to play it safe than take a risk- she's not willing to lose Minjeong and act like they don't know each other when things ed up. She'll go that far if it means that Minjeong only has eyes on her- or hands in this case. 

 Most people would be surprised to know that Minjeong and Jimin know one another with how different they are and their courses- heck, they never expected the pair to be friends in the first place. They were polar opposites in the best way possible, Minjeong as that radiating extrovert who everyone gets along easily and Jimin with her charismatic look that people tend to be afraid to approach her for. Yet here they are, at a cafe in their campus, sharing the same table. 

 "Wow, people are staring and I am 100% sure it's mostly on you, Jimin-unnie, you look great today." Jimin scoffed from the comment, hiding the smile and blush that's creeping on her face cause really, who wouldn't blush if your crush compliments you? No one obviously and Yu Jimin is still someone with feelings. Now add the fact that eyes were on them, it did made Jimin feel uncomfortable. All she wanted was to have a nice meal with her friend but things happened and she's here with Minjeong. Though not like it's a bad thing either cause that means people know about her and Minjeong being friends so when things gradually change for better (or worse, hopefully not worse), it wouldn't be an awkward reveal.

 "Oh hush you, I'll order our food while you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter