2/?

Alpha Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Oh, so you’re Kai’s paramour?” The petite omega sounded mockingly surprised. 

“Yeah, that’s me,” you said before formally introducing yourself. You were at one of Kai’s extra practices, the championship was right around the corner and the team wanted the taste of victory more than anything. 

“I heard that Kai was indulging in an alternative taste, but I wasn’t quite expecting that to mean he was seeing another alpha.”

Your eyes squinted at the clearly disdainful tone and word choice. Having grown up as an alpha you were used to the blatant bullying of omegas who thought they were better than you. You wouldn’t take the bait now, you knew better than to lose your temper on an omega that would easily cry and claim you were the savage one if you ever attempted to put them in their place, so instead you plastered a fake as hell smile on your face and used your most sweet, accommodating tone. 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name. Who are you?” 

“I’m Kim Joomi,” the omega flashed a falsely coy grin in return. “My cousin is Kai’s best friend, Chanyeol.” 

You nodded, wondering how the hell such a genuinely kind and happy guy could be related to such a fake hell-spawn. 

“You know, Chanyeol and Kai grew up together. So basically Kai and I grew up together as well, even though he’s a few years older than me.” Joomi said like she was insinuating something. 

You nodded again and just continued to keep your mouth shut, afraid if you opened it you wouldn’t be able to keep up the faux-friendly chatter. 

“You know, he always treated me like a princess growing up. Him and Chanyeol would play whatever games I wanted to when I visited.” Joomi went on. “I’m what they call a late bloomer, I just got my first heat cycle at eighteen and haven’t seen Kai since that happened.” And now you got what Joomi was getting at: she was an omega clearly interested in your paramour, and now that she has officially reached physical maturity she intended to see if her and Kai were a compatible match. 

You began to feel sick to your stomach as thoughts began racing through your mind, wondering if Kai would really leave you for an omega? He always said that he wasn’t interested in finding a different compatible mate than you, but that was before he ever had any other options available. And what alpha really wanted to be with another alpha? You were an anomaly like that. 

Just as Joomi opened to say more vile things to you, and you were losing your resolve to take it all silently, Chanyeol approached excitedly. 

“Joomi!”

“Chanyeol!” Joomi twisted to look innocently pleased to see her cousin. 

The alpha moved to embrace his little cousin, it seemed like the two really got along and you were happy to see that Chanyeol had good relations with his family, even if some of his family were bratty omegas like Joomi. 

“I’m going to shower real quick before dinner, you don’t mind waiting here for a little bit longer do you?” 

Joomi shook her head. “Not at all! I wanted to say hello to the team’s mates anyways, it’s been so long since I’ve seen the other girls.” 

Chanyeol nodded. “Ah okay, good that you’re making friends here. Auntie tells me you plan on transferring here this Spring. Y’know, this is Kai’s mate here,” Chanyeol gestures towards you.

The oblivious alpha missed the sour expression that quickly passed over the omega’s face before she regarded you again. “Mate? I thought they were only paramours,” Joomi delicately said as if trying to only clarify the situation instead of taking another jab at you. 

Chanyeol shrugged. “Same difference. They’ll be official mates when she has her next heat cycle.” Chanyeol giggled before turning to you with that mischievous grin of his. “Don’t tell Kai I brought up your heat cycle, he might take it the wrong way.” 

You nodded, still unable to find your voice but understanding Chanyeol’s meaning plainly and knowing it would be an awful shame if one of the team’s star players was injured shortly before their next match. Kai was usually a laidback sort of alpha, but when it came to you his aggressive, possessive side would come out ten-fold and his wrath was unparalleled. Normally Kai’s jealous side annoyed you, but thinking of it now seemed to bring you a little reassurance and peace. 

“Okay, I’ll be off for now. You two get better acquainted, and I’ll return with Kai and the rest of the team. We’re all planning on getting barbecue together as a team meal.” 

“Uh, actually I’m supposed to meet up with some of my friends so I can’t make it to the team meal. I’m running l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter