1/?

Alpha Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: For the life of me I can never remember to post out of draft, also this was meant to be a oneshot but I felt like over 10k for a oneshot was too much so I broke it down into parts. And please not this is only roughly edited, so bare that in mind and not judge too harshly. I appreciate all my readers who take their time out of their busy lives to read my work, so really big thank you to all of you <3

 

You felt stuck, in the literal sense of the word. You had some beefy alpha pinning you to the wall, and was growling at all the onlookers. Why did alphas insist on making such a scene when they found a potential mate, you wondered. 

“Uh, excuse me, Sir Alpha Dude? You’re kind of crushing me and my chips right now.” 

The alpha immediately backed away an inch or two, enough that you didn’t have to struggle to breathe now but it was too late for your chips, they were crushed. 

“Those were the last bag too,” you sighed before allowing a pout to shape your lips. You opened the bag anyways, having hopes at least some would still be big enough to crunch on. 

The alpha pinning you growled lowly at you now, and you could feel both his annoyance and arousal wafting off of him in waves. “Why are you out walking around when your heat cycle is about to take place?” The alpha demanded to know.

“Because there’s no rule that I have to quarantine myself? Heat cycles aren’t contagious.” You explain distractedly as you begin stuffing your face with your salty snack of choice.

“Are you trying to incite a brawl amongst the unmated? Your scent—"

“Take another whiff my dude,” you encourage with a mouth full of chips. “I’m not an omega. I’m an alpha too.” 

The alpha did in fact take a strong whiff of you, but instead of bashfully excusing himself he only drew closer to you. He boldly stuck his face right against the back of your neck and without warning a long stripe over the skin. 

“Ah!” You jumped. “What the—"

“You’re going to have your heat start either tonight or tomorrow. Have you made arrangements for it yet?” 

Your face flushed at the intrusive question, this was not usually how these scenarios played out in the past. This guy was a little strange, you thought. 

“Uh, yeah. My mom is picking me up after my last class and I’m spending it locked in my own room at my parents’ house.” 

“So you’re handling it by yourself?” He wanted to confirm. 

“That’s what I just said. So if you don’t mind dude,” you tried to pull away but the other alpha pulled you back. 

“Let me scent-mark you well so no other alpha gets the wrong idea then.” He insisted and he rubbed his arms up and down your sides while his face buried back into your neck. 

He you a few more times before he sunk his teeth into you, surprising you so much that you jumped back and pushed the alpha guy away as hard as you could which made the alpha’s teeth scrap over more of your skin and cause it to sting quite badly. 

“Why the hell?!” You screeched. “That seriously hurt!”

The other alpha only smirked, lacking the decency to look ashamed at all. He’s going to regret this later, you thought. He must be very sensitive to your heat pheromones and so it won’t be until much later after he is separated from you that he will come back to his senses and regret his present actions. 

“It wouldn’t have hurt so bad if you had just stayed still,” he defended himself. 

“You bit me! Who in their right mind just bites other people?!” You complained. 

“We’re compatible mates,” he said simply. “I wanted to be sure that other alphas will stay away from you today while you finish your classes. Some alphas are too bold and would ignore my scent-mark, but only an absolute lunatic with a death wish would ignore a bite.” 

“Oh, well thanks then, I guess,” you say hesitantly. 

“You don’t have to thank me,” the strange alpha merrily insisted. 

“Uh, all right.” You took a step back and this time the other alpha actually let you. “I’m going to get going to my class now. You take care of yourself, and try not to bite any more students, most wouldn’t take it so lightly.” 

The strange alpha chuckled as he waved you off. “Don’t worry,” he said. “Only you can have my bite now.” 

“Sure man, whatever you say. See you around.” You lazily wave back as you hurriedly moved to get far away from that alpha. “What a ing weirdo,” you cursed under your breath after you had gone far enough out of the other alpha’s sight. 

 

 

You were sitting with your friends during a break in everyone’s class schedules a few days after your heat cycle finished up, when that strange alpha from before actually showed up and took a seat next to you. 

“Hey, there you are. I’ve been looking all over for you,” he said. 

You squinted your eyes, beyond confused. “Why would you do that?” You asked. 

The strange alpha settled a look on you that you read as him questioning your intelligence. “Because I wanted to find you,” he said like it were obvious.

“I get that part,” you rolled your eyes. “But why did you want to find me?” 

“Because I was looking for you?” His brows creased together. “Are you still dealing with some sort of delirium from your heat cycle? Or are you always a little, um, ditsy?” 

You blinked at this alpha, trying to figure out what his deal was. “Because,” he went on. “My preference is someone who’s very smart but if you’re not it’s okay too. I already like you enough so—"

“Buddy-pal, you’ve completely lost me here. I have no idea what you’re getting at with me, so if you don’t mind, please explain yourself. What’s your name, and why are you telling me about your preferences?” 

“You mean, you don’t know who I am already?”

You shook your head. “Not really. Like I recognize you as the alpha who caught me the day my heat cycle was starting but you didn’t give your name or anything.” 

The strange alpha looked caught off-guard, so much so that he just offered up his details as if you were messing with him and he was just trying to amuse you. “I’m Jongin, but everyone calls me Kai. I'm an alpha. Captain of the shiftball team. And your new mate.” 

You were nodding your head along until the strange alpha— Kai, said the last part. “Excuse me?” You asked with wide eyes. “I don’t recall anything about us becoming mates.” 

“What do you mean?” Kai almost looked offended now. “I said that we are compatible mates and marked you last week.” 

“I’m compatible with almost every other alpha, because I’m an alpha myself! That doesn’t mean—"

“Actually, as an alpha you have a naturally strong immune system which affects your scent and being healthy is a large factor in attraction of course, so that is why it may appear like you are compatible with all other alphas since in that base-line standard you are compatible. But compatibility between mates is deeper than that and—"

“Are you really trying to alphasplain to me how compatibility works? You know I’ve taken all the necessary health courses as well, right?” You lift an unimpressed brow. 

“Well,” Kai irritably shifted. “You made it seem like you didn’t really understand how it works.” 

You narrowed your eyes into slits, and before you let your mouth get you into trouble by spewing antagonistic words back at the other alpha, you turned your attention around to your friends to see if any would bother helping you. Of course, none were paying any attention to you and your drama, seeing as almost all of your friends had found themselves a mate by now and were preoccupied with doting on their cute little omegas. You cleared your throat obnoxiously loud to capture anybody’s attention. 

“Drink some water kid,” Suho told you without looking away from his omega, and tossed you a water bottle. 

“Ugh! Are you guys serious?! Help,” you growled. 

Your aggressive plea made your friends and their mates finally glance over at you, most looking surprised by the outsider alpha sitting next to you. 

“What’s Kai doing here?” Baekhyun shifted his mate in his arms to a more comfortable position while he would be speaking to you. 

“You k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter