3/?

Alpha Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wow your face looks like total but I haven’t seen you fit into that outfit in years,” Baekhyun whistled when you showed up to his place Friday night. It’s been days since the Joomi incident, the day after you sent Kyungsoo to deliver a message to Kai that the two of you were over. It was one thing to get rejected a hundred times by different alphas you never held interest to in the first place, but you couldn’t handle being rejected by someone you grew genuine feeling for. So you rejected Kai before he got the chance to break your heart. And you've been crying ever since and that's why your eyes were swollen now and your skin blotchy. 

“Thanks,” you sarcastically snorted. “My secret is that my anxiety limited the things that I could keep down this week. So my diet has mostly consisted of liquids since Tuesday so I was finally able to squeeze my behind back into these shorts.” 

“Your barely fits into those denim shorts," Baekhyun eyed your with snort of his own. "And I’m surprised you’re not seriously muffin-topping.” Baekhyun laughed heartily as he poked at your currently flat stomach and sides. 

“Dude,” you groaned. “What part of liquid diet because I can’t keep solids down, don’t you understand? Do you want me to ruin your carpet? I have a feeling Jisu would have a serious problem with that.” 

“I would absolutely have a problem with that,” Baekhyun’s mate Jisu appeared then. “Leave her alone Baek. She’s already having a tough enough week without your harassment.” Jisu shoved her mate out of the way and grabbed your hand. “Ignore the alphas tonight, the male ones are idiots after all.” Jisu said reassuringly. “You, me, Nari, and Yeong are gonna have a girls night! Come on, we’ll help with your make-up.” 

 

It wasn’t often that you would spend time with your alpha friends’ mates, you were still uncomfortable around omegas in general because of your childhood tormentors. But there were times that you did go out with Jisu, Nari, and Yeong without their alpha mates, and usually that was when the omegas wanted to have a girls night and didn’t want the male alphas tagging along so you often went to play bodyguard for them at the clubs. Jisu and Nari always pulled you on to the dance floor with them and insisted you fully participate, meanwhile sweet but mischievous Yeong made sure you drank enough shots to get tipsy enough to let Jisu and Nari pull you on to the dance floor. Tonight wasn’t going to be one of those nights though, seeing as how Suho, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo were planning on joining hitting the clubs with you ladies. Tonight you were in no shape to bodyguard any omegas, you were emotionally wounded and needed to get lost in the party scene. 

 

“Wow,” Baekhyun whistled similar to how he did earlier when he answered the door for you. “Now your face matches your body. You’re gonna be the hottest single lady out there, breaking hearts left and right with just a glance.” 

You shoved the sweet-talking alpha to make him stop. “Shut up.” 

Baekhyun chuckled as he reached for his mate. “You did awesome sweetheart, can’t even tell she’s been crying for days.” 

Jisu smirked as she leaned in for a kiss. “That’s my magic. All blemishes will vanish by my make-up brush.”

“Is everyone ready?” Suho asked. “The taxi-van is here.” 

“I need help zipping up my dress!” Yeong shrieked from by the bathroom. 

“Why did you even change? What you were wearing before was fine,” Kyungsoo grumpily asked as he moved to assist his mate. 

“Because if you saw this dress a moment sooner then right now, you would tell me I can’t wear this out,” Yeong giggled. The sweet omega wasn’t kidding, she may have had the most innocent face with her light make-up and coy smiles, but she was wearing a short black dress that practically spelled out the word sinful. 

Nari was also wearing a dress, her’s being a mid-length cream color with a high slit in the side up to her to left hip. Jisu wore a black leather skirt with an impossibly tight red halter top, she opted out of wearing a bra as well so if anyone stared longer than a second at her chest they would notice her piercings. You weren’t really comfortable in a skirt or dress, because as an alpha if anyone got too handsy you would still have to kick their and you felt like you had less range of motion in dresses or skirts. So, you wore your favorite black denim shorty-shorts that had metal studs going down the seams, with an off-the-shoulder black blouse that was strategically ripped in optimal places to show the most skin. You felt attractive, like some kind of badass hot alpha that wasn't at all feeling pathetically, hopelessly lovesick right now. 

 

When the seven of you arrived at the club the place was already packed and the music was blasting. 

Nari squealed excitedly because a remix of her current favorite song was playing and she wanted to go dance immediately. Because Suho was hardly a dancer, Nari grabbed Jisu and pulled the omega along with her. Yeong grinned at you and tugged you along towards the bar, the two of you leaving behind your alpha friends like they were only there as accessories. 

 

You weren’t sure if it has been only an hour or several hours already, because Yeong fed you shot after shot despite Kyungsoo scolding her that you were sick all week and you were likely going to get sick on the dance floor too. 

“Look! She’s fine!” Yeong playfully rolled her eyes. “I haven’t even given her half of what she normally drinks! I’m going shot for shot with her.” 

Kyungsoo looked unconvinced and subtly pinched his omega on the . “You need to take it easy tonight as well. I mean it, slow it down.” 

“Yes sir,” Yeong stubbornly pouted. 

“Hey don’t sass me,” Kyungsoo chuckled. “I’m not trying to be the buzzkill, I just want to ensure there’s no incident tonight. She may be an alpha, but even alphas have delicate hearts.” 

You overheard Kyungsoo talking about you, and because you were dancing with your eyes closed he probably thought you were too drunk to listen. You didn’t want to confront your friend though, because then you would have to also deny that your heart was hurting and Kyungsoo had been your friend long enough to read through your lies before you even told them. So instead you moved further away from Kyungsoo and Yeong, and angled up to Nari and Jisu who were grinding on one another. The omegas immediately started grinding on you when they noticed you nearby and instead of stiffening by the contact you just let it happen this time. Both Nari and Jisu were compatible with you, they were slightly affected by your alpha pheromones when they could detect it from you, usually when you were all drunk, but neither Suho or Baekhyun seemed to mind their omegas cozying up with you. You often wondered if Baekhyun and Suho were swingers, it would certainly explain a lot about their dynamics, but you weren’t ever going to outright ask them. There was just some things you did not need to know about your friends and their lives. 

“Don't look now,” Nari said to you. “But I think that alpha over there is checking you out!” 

I shrugged, unbothered and unconcerned. 

“Hey! Why aren't you looking?” 

“You said not to look?” 

“That’s just an expression!” Nari laughed manically. Oh, she was really drunk by now. “Look, look! I think he’s making his way over here!” Nari jumped up and down, forgetting the beat momentarily. Jisu began giggling beside her.  

“Damn, he’s really cute too.” Jisu said as if trying to entice you to actually look.

You weren’t taking the bait. You just got your heart broken, you weren’t searching to shatter it some more. But then you heard someone calling your name and tipsy you automatically swung around to see who it was. You were greeted by a familiar face grinning at you uneasily. 

“Sehun?” You squinted. 

“Hey, what’re you doing here?” He shouted over the music as he was still making his way over to you.

“I’m dancing!” You said like it were obvious, because quite honestly it was. “What’re you doing here?” 

Sehun finally stood directly in front of you, swaying to the music like a natural. “Some of us from the team like to come here and relax a day or two before a big game.” Your face paled after hearing that, and surprising enough Sehun picked up on your anxiety quickly and reassured you. “Kai didn’t come out this time. He’s been too mopey about your break up to do anything besides go to classes and push us all extra hard at practice.” 

You visibly relaxed hearing that but then cringed a little when the rest of Sehun’s words settled on your conscious. “Sorry about that. I deserve that anger, not you and the team. But I’m sure he’ll get over our break-up soon and will stop being a total to everyone.” 

Sehun shook his head. “He’s not angry, he just seems really ing sad. He’s been pushing himself extra hard during practice which is pushing everyone else more. None of us like seeing our captain so bent out of shape, y’know?” 

You nodded absently, Sehun’s words having a negative effect on your mood.

“Sorry!” Sehun realized his mistake a moment too late. “I didn’t mean to be the rain at your parade! You look really good tonight, much better than how Kai’s been looking lately. I just wanted to come over here to see how you were feeling about th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter