over the moon

Lust in Midnight's Court
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

a/n: i was very excited to push out this new story, i'll go back and edit if needed. until then, please enjoy. 

 

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, the Captain has the Fasten Seat Belt sign. If you haven’t already done so, please stow your carry-on luggage underneath the seat in front of you or in an overhead bin. Please take your seat and fasten your seat belt. And also make sure your seat back and folding trays are in their full upright position."

 

"If you are seated next to an emergency exit, please read carefully the special instructions card located by your seat. If you do not wish to perform the functions described in the event of an emergency, please ask a flight attendant to reseat you."

 

We remind you that this is a non-smoking flight. Smoking is prohibited on the entire aircraft, including the lavatories. Tampering with, disabling or destroying the lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited by law."

 

"If you have any questions about our flight today, please don’t hesitate to ask one of our flight attendants. Thank you and please enjoy your flight to our destination to Athens, Greece.” 

 

The feeling doesn't change, does it? It simply never goes away huh? The excitement of arriving to a new country is always adrenaline pumping. 

 

Once Dahyun finishes her boarding safety procedures, she began helping the rest of the flight crew members settle in the new passengers for the flight. One after another, each passenger comfied themselves and straighten out their belongings and cooing their children who may be getting their first flight jitters.

 

Within moments, the plane departs for a nonstop trip towards Athens.

 

Approximate arrival time; June 7, 2021 11:45 A.M.

 

Current time; June 6, 2021 11:00 P.M. 

 

Hours into the trip, everything seemed sound. Passengers were on their phones; some were watching featured movies on the airplane selection screen; some were even on their laptops occupying themselves with different ventures. 

 

Dahyun received the announcement to start serving guests meals and drinks in the first class today. 

 

She's not used to it, no. 

 

Dahyun really isn't used to being in the first class section of the airplane. She recently got promoted to move up to the first class cabin after presenting exceptional skills and behavior when there were mature issues in her previous flights. 

 

All she did was act like any rational human being would've done if they saw an anemic person pass out on the plane. Iron pills are always a must-have on flights. Dahyun simply handed over a couple iron pills for the passenger and they were truly grateful and put in a fantastic word for Dahyun.

 

Not to mention, Dahyun helped a professional wrestler at that. Perhaps that was the catalyst to getting promoted to first class. Connections, huh?

 

Dahyun was so distraught with her thought process that she didn't realize a passenger's phone full into her metal ice container filled with water. The phone floated to and fro until it reached the bottom of the container. 

 

Swore Dahyun was not loading, but she did freeze for a couple seconds in shock. 

 

Dahyun hurriedly stuck her hands into the icey cold container and pulled out the passenger's now drenched mobile.

 

"I-I am so incredibly sorry. I apologize for not looking where I was going!!!" Dahyun stammered, too scared to make eye contact with the passenger. She only grabbed a towel in her cart and wiped the passenger's phone ferociously. 

 

Garnering looks from passengers from all directions, Dahyun hears a light chuckle. A soft, inviting tone voiced out, "My, my. Seems like you owe me a brand new phone." 

 

After what seemed like a decade has passed, Dahyun finally locked eyes with the passenger. 

 

Chocolate. 

 

The transparent clouds drifting by right by her face can only enhance how lightly colored her brown eyes are. Mesmerizing eyes, if Dahyun could speak, with a suited smile. Entrancing, really. 

 

15 minutes earlier... A phone call.

 

Mina: Is that what you're starting to do with me? Just slow fade me OUT? Just like the others?

 

Sana: You have always clung onto me, we never dated. You created an illusion and decided to live in it. We're not breaking up if we never had anything to date it back to. I would just like for you to stop bothering me when you need something from me.

 

Mina: You're saying you never saw me as your girlfriend?

 

All Sana could do was sigh in depletion. Mina won't be able to understand and continues to fish out what she wants to hear. Active listening isn't her strongest suit.

 

Sana: You're missing the point. I just don't want you to keep asking me for money when you keep losing all your gambling. How will you get home anyway, when's the next flight to Kobe from Vegas?

 

Mina: I can ask Daddy to transfer some money into my account but I think he's sleeping right now. I'll wait until he wakes up until then I'm going to stay in the hotel lobby at Caeser's Palace. 

 

Mina heard her phone chime and decided to look at the notification.

 

Minatozaki Sana has sent you $2,000. 

 

Sana: Don't bother me again. Get home safely, I'm going now. Be safe, take care.

 

Mina: Thank you so much baby, I lov-

 

Mina's line got cut off before she could finish her sentence. She looked at the $2K fondly and booked her flight back home. 

 

Sana darts her eyes at a woman walking towards her first class air cabin. The stewardess was dazed off before a passenger asked for their preferenced meal. 

 

Walking closer towards Sana, she hears Mina string out the last of her "i love you's" and intentionally drops her phone into the opened container filled with ice and water. 

 

"I-I am so incredibly sorry. I apologize for not looking where I was going!!!" She hears the beautiful stewardess stammer. 

 

Side profile? Impeccable. Red lipstick, kind eyes, and a heart made of gold flashed briefly in Sana's mind. 

 

"My, my. Seems like you owe me a brand new phone." Sana reasoned, eyes piercing through the air hostess's.

 

Dahyun bows her head in a 90 degree angle. "I don't have the kind of money to purchase an iPhone 12 Pro at the moment. If you can compromise and let me pay you back overtime, I can certainly-" 

 

Dahyun was cut off. 

 

"Sit with me." 

 

Dahyun malfunctioned. Sit?

 

"S-Sit with you? Oh n-no, I couldn't. I'm sure that isn't allowed in the handbook that my bos-"

 

"I can take that as full payment." Sana adjusted. She can get a new phone easily, but seeing this girl again? Seems like her chances are slim.

 

Dahyun bows at Sana, "I'll be back. It'll just be a moment." Sana nods as she views Dahyun walk away from her. She peeks her head out from the cabin to see Dahyun perch the cart in the back of the first class sector. 

 

Dahyun might have possibly caught up with her flight crew buddy of hers on the situation and made her way back over to Sana. 

 

Sana's eyes never left the visuals of Dahyun. "I would like to apologize for your phone again, I'm usually more careful but it's my first time flying in first class. I may have gotten ahead of myself." 

 

Dahyun really felt defeated. The first time in first class and she dampens her passenger's phone. "Can you turn it on?" Dahyun genuinely asked, situating herself in the empty cabin seat in front of Sana. 

 

Sana tried clicking the side button and the volume button to attempt to turn it on. 

 

"It probably sat in the water too long." Sana giggled remembering how Dahyun just dropped her jaw to the floor and looked at the phone submerged in the water.

 

"I can pay for a new phone overtime-"

 

"It's quite alright, I have all my information backed up on my computer, getting a new phone isn't the issue." Sana voiced out. 

 

"Issue? Then what issue are you having if your phone getting damaged wasn't the issue?" Dahyun questioned. It was all her fault, why wasn't she irritated with her and causing a scene?

 

"When I see something I like... someone I like.. I must achieve great le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter