Five

Heartbroken Popstar And His Indian Girl

AMAYA

After texting him my location, I changed myself in a white crop top and blue denim shorts. I left my hair open and slide my feet into my favourite pair of sneakers.

I took a glance at my reflection in the mirror and smiled nervously.

Okay, I don't know how am I going to survive this. I mean it's not like this is my first date but there's something different about Min. He's so...How should I put it? He's so intense and mysterious. The way he kissed me with his lips tasting passion and desperation. It was overwhelming. And the way he talked about the stars, it felt as if he's trying his best to hide his heart. I don't know. Maybe I'm thinking too much or not but one thing I'm sure about is that he's different.

I applied gloss to my lips and after smacking them together, I waited patiently for him outside my room.

After waiting for few minutes, I saw a luxurious car stopping infront of me. I blinked admiring the gorgeous black design of the car. Well, wow!

The door flew open and I saw Min stepping out of the car. He was in purple t-shirt and faded blue denims and like always he covered his face with a mask and wore black hat. A soft smile appeared on my lips when our eyes met for a second. Something in his eyes told me that he was nervous too.

"Hey." He whispered.

"Are you insanely rich or what?" I asked, gesturing at the car to light up the conversation between us.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I borrowed it from a friend of mine."

"For a date, huh?" I teased.

He didn't say anything but it was clear that he blushed at the mention of the date.

He opened the door for me and after muttering a thankyou, I sat inside. He the engine and fixed his gaze on the windshield.

"You know I've never been to a carnival before." I told him.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Then I'm glad that I decided to take you to the carnival." He said, turning on the radio.

Boy with luv blasted through it and I couldn't help but leaned onto the seat and tap my fingers on my thigh at the beat of the song.

I mouthed the English part in the lyrics and hummed at the Korean part.

Soon we reached our destination and stepped out of the car. My jaw dropped in amusement at the sight infront of me.
It was colorful and fun. Rides, candy shops, bright lights. Woah!

I smiled and turned to Min who was looking back at me. Without saying anything, I held his hands. His cold skin came in contact against warm skin of mine and a strange comfort erupted in my nerves. I was never this bold to initiate a physical touch but with him, I feel like it's my heart that urges me to do so.

For a moment all I did was to look at our interconnected hands as if it was something which I don't ever want to let go.

"You know-" His voice brought me back to the reality and I quickly shake off my thoughts.

"What?" I smiled warmly at him.

"I get this weird sensation inside my abdomen whenever I'm near you." He blurted out.

A faint blush rose up to my cheeks. "That sensation is called having butterflies, you know."

He shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe."

"I want that." I pointed at the cotton candy shop and pulled him along with me.

He brought me cotton candy and chukled. "Such a child you're."

"Gee, I'm still twenty one. It's not like I turned sixty." I laughed, taking a bite of the candy. "By the way I forgot to ask. How old are you?" I raised my eyebrows up at him.

His didn't say a word just kept on staring at the Ferris wheel.

"Let me guess. Twenty two or twenty three?" I asked when I didn't hear anything from him.

His grip on my palms tightened a bit and that's when I sensed his body getting tensed.

Eh?

He averted his eyes from the Ferris wheel and caught a glimpse at our connected hand before slowly pulling his hands away from me.

"I-I'm sorry. I can't...." He shuttered, maintaining a breathable distance from me.

My heart fell into the pits of my stomach. What he's talking about? Have I done something wrong?

"Let's end it here." He whispered loud enough for me to hear.

I held my breath and looked at him, helplessly. I know. I know that it's been only couple of days since we met and I also know that this is too fast for us to develop feelings for each other but still my heart aches at his words. I don't want to end anything between us. I want to know him, to spend time with him, to smile with him and maybe fall for him too.

When he kissed me, I knew somewhere that I've lost a part of me to him; I've lost my heart to him.

Tears filled in my eyelids as I watched him fading away from my sight. I released the breath which I was holding from so long and looked at my palms. I can still feel his touch even though he's cold fingers are no longer connected with mine.

All of sudden my phone vibrated in my pocket and I don't know but something in me told that it was him. I quickly pulled out my phone and found a text from him.

Min: I know I'm an for leaving you like that and I'm extremely sorry about it. I didn't find enough guts to say this in person but Amaya, I'm not twenty two neither I'm twenty three. I'm way older than that. If you'd have known my real age from the start then most probably you would have never dared to came on a date with me. You know, you deserve someone who's your age not a guy like me. This is my last text to you and I promise I won't disturb you again. I'm glad that I met you. I'm sorry that we've to end things between us even before it started. Have a beautiful life ahead and I'm twenty eight years old.
Goodbye!

 

I read his text over and over again. Every single time, my heart aching a bit more. Tears streamed down my face and without thinking twice, I rushed through the crowd to search for a familiar figure.

 

Please. Please be somewhere nearby. I looked around, my eyes scanning the crowd as my heart felt heavy.

 

I ran to the Ferris wheel and searched for him desperately and that's when my eyes fell on him. He stood there with his back facing me. His purple t-shirt and black cap told me that it was him. He was watching the Ferris wheel taking turn as people laughed around us.

 

I pressed my eyes shut for a second and sighed in relief. Wiping away my tears, I took steps closer to him till I was just an arm away from him.

 

I tugged his wrist and waited till he turned around. His stilled, looking straight into my eyes. His chest rose up and down in surprise.

 

I blinked, passing him a wide smile and said. "It wouldn't be a proper date if we don't kiss at the top of the Ferris wheel."