Three

Trace of Emotion

It was rather unusual for Dongwan to already back in their flat at noon like this, but here he was, laying down on the sofa, cuddled himself while stared to nothingness. Abandoned his tea that already lukewarm. 

 

It’s cold outside and he hated it. He used to asked Minwoo to held his hand and made it warm. With Minwoo, the coldness always felt bearable. With Minwoo, everything just right. 

 

The sound of an opened door, made Dongwan turned his head towards the door—and freezed.

 

“Dongwan hyung!?”

 

Andy greeted him cheerily, walked towards him then hugged him. While the other person, who also came with Andy, just stood still.

 

“Why you’re here already? Ah, Me and Minwoo hyung bought the take away, do you want to eat with us, hyung?”

 

Got back to his sense, Dongwan facing Andy and smiled. “I had lunch with Hyesungie, and not feeling so well after that, so he dropped me here to rest for a bit.”

 

“Do you feel sick, hyung?” Andy’s hand landed on his forehead. “You’re kinda warm, are you dizzy? You look pale too.”

 

“I just need to rest, don’t worry.” Dongwan smiled again. He could felt Minwoo’s eyes stared at him piercingly. “I’ll go to my room, just enjoy your lunch.”

 

Without wait for a respons Dongwan just fled himself to his room, stumbled a bit—because he just that clumsy, then rested his body on his bed.

 

It’s the first time for Dongwan and Minwoo to be in one room after that night. And—it was hurt. The person that ususally embraced him when they met, turned into a stranger now.

 

Meanwhile, in the living room, Andy was staring at Dongwan’s door, concerned and worried. His hyung was never stop even he was sick.

 

“Andy-ya, you eat first, I need to buy something, don’t wait for me.”

 

Andy casted his eyes to Minwoo—that he kinda forgot for a moment, and before he could said anything, Minwoo already gone.

 

.

.

 

“I just need to rest, don’t worry.”

 

From his position, Minwoo couldn’t really saw Dongwan’s face, but from the way his voice trembled a bit and Andy’s concerned voice, Minwoo knew it. And he really forbid himself with all his might, to not crouched down in front of Dongwan, just to checked his condition by himself.

 

The moment Andy opened the door, and his eyes stumbled to Dongwan’s shoes then to Dongwan—he already knew, something must had happened.

 

He used to begged for Dongwan to rest when he was sick, no freaking way Kim Dongwan just voluntarily rest himself if he didn’t feel really well.

 

And here he was, after running like a mad, arrived at the pharmacy on their neighborhood. Purchased the cold medicine, a bunch of vitamins, and that herbal drink Dongwan love so much.

 

.

.

 

He was not sick, not phisically at least. Dongwan knew it. The paleness that Andy saw probably just effect from meeting Minwoo. And when he complained to Hyesung, it just an excused so Hyesung would dropped his talked about Dongwan and Minwoo relationship. He need to rest, yes. Not because he was sick, but because he was broken hearted, and it freakin hurt a lot. 

 

The hurt came slowly but sure. He didn’t cry that night or the day after even when Minwoo avoided him that morning. He didn’t cry when he chugged down the soju alone a few days after that night. He didn’t cry when he opened up a bit to Sikyung on his room. But now everything hurt.

 

His mom called yesterday, and asked him about Minwoo. And for the first time ever, he lied to his mom. They talked like usual, as if nothing happened between him and Minwoo.

 

It also opened up his eyes, that they’re not together—for real. Minwoo was not gonna back to his side, and he’s just too afraid to chased Minwoo—cause maybe, it’s true, being with him was a lot of works, and Minwoo was tired.

 

He didn’t deserved someone as nice as Minwoo, did he?

 

.

.

 

“Andy-ya..”

 

“Eo, you’re back hyung?” Andy smiled to Minwoo. “I’ll reheat your food, wait a—“

 

“No thank you,” Minwoo grabbed Andy’s hand, “I need to back to the studio, I’ll just eat there. And this..”

 

Andy eyeing the white-plastic bag that being handed to him. “What is this? Medicine?” He asked again, after peeked the inside.

 

Minwoo nodded his head sheepishly. “For Dongwan. Just give him my food after he wake up and tell him to drink the medicine after that.”

 

“Not that I don’t want to help, but don’t you think it best for you to do it yourself hyung?” Andy asked carefully. “And maybe, both of you can talk?”

 

Shaking his head, Minwoo then patted Andy’s shoulder. “We’re over Andy-ya. Maybe someday we’ll be friend again, but it’ll take times. Help hyung, yeah? Just this one.”

 

Andy received the plastic bag, and nodded eventhough deep down he really couldn’t comprehend the situation. If Minwoo still care like this, then why?

 

“I’ll chat you later if you want to know his condition.”

 

Minwoo smiled. “You’re a good boy, Dy. Thank you.”

 

.

.

 

Dancing was Minwoo way to unload his stress, to escaped from the reality. Even lately, he kept glancing to the side, wished Dongwan would be there like always, ready to clapped his hand for Minwoo.

 

“You got the scholarship? To New York!?”

 

Shocked with Junjin’s sudden arrival and outburst to his studio—Minwoo just nodded his head spontaneously.

 

“Did Dongwan hyung know?”

 

Junjin scrutinized his eyes towards Minwoo who choose to avoided him. Junjin was taller so it’s easy for him to acted bigger, to cornered his hyung—his senior.

 

“Was this the real reason you didn’t give him chance to talk since that night?”

 

Junjin’s voice was not loud but it sounds so serious and heavy. It felt like Junjin was way older than Minwoo.

 

“Jin, let’s sit.” Minwoo held Junjin’s hand. “Sit and talk, I’ll explain it to you.”

 

And Junjin saw it, the truth behind his Minwoo’s hyung demeanor these days. His suspicion was right, something had happened. It’s a big no way for Minwoo to just mad and shouted at Dongwan just because he was late to his own graduation party that Minwoo prepared for him.

 

Well, it’s disappointing. Yes. They did a lot for that party. Minwoo did a lot.

 

But if there someone who would defend Dongwan for all his quirkiness and accept his way of life, of course it was Lee Minwoo.

 

“I was really mad at him,” Minwoo smiled a bit. “I prepared that party for him, cause he deserved it. He graduates as a top student, and get that internship in Samsung. We decided to plan that party, because he made us proud, right?”

 

Junjin nodded. Still remembered the excitement when they did that secretly.

 

“But of course, Kim Dongwan being Kim Dongwan. He missed it, cause one of his senior from theater club couldn’t perform so he just being noble and voluntered himself.” 

 

“So, you knew?”

 

“Sikyungie told me later.” 

 

“Then, why?”

 

“He was always so busy, right? Run his day like super-hero, delivered the milk, attended his classes, worked in cafe, tutored the juniors, practiced his stage, joined the club activities, voluntered here and there, and when he had the chance to rest, of course he didn’t use it.”

 

It sound like Dongwan’s daily life, day to day, since the day Junjin met with him.

 

“I want him to prioritize himself, just once. I asked him to take care of himself more when I couldn’t be with him. You knew it, these past months been crazy for us, and it was hard for me to met him like before. But did he ever listen to me? Did he ever prioritize himself? No, Jin. And yes, I was being petty that night, lashed out my anger to him.” 

 

Minwoo starred to nothingness, that night flashed on his mind, for the first time ever, he raised his voice to Dongwan. And now, that man was sick, and he didn’t know, who he need to punch the most, Dongwan or himself.

 

“And the morning after, I got the email, the scholarship to New York.”

 

“You don’t want him to know?”

 

“I want to run to him, made him the first person to know.” Minwoo smiled. “But reality slapped me hard. He has his whole future, here. And my whole future is on another part of this world.”

 

“Both of you could make it work, no?” Junjin voiced his mind, but unsure.

 

“With Dongwan’s heart?” Minwoo asked back. “I won’t forgive myself, if one of us need to give up our dream just to be together, Jin.”

 

Junjin saw the way Minwoo tried so hard to held back his tears. He always admired Minwoo, since the day they met, he idolized Minwoo because they shared the same passion with dancing. He practiced hard so he could passed to his University and being Minwoo’s junior. And when he knew his favourite hyung(s) being together, he was the happiest person on earth for them. But right now—everything just a mess. 

 

“I’m happy for you, I do.” Junjin tried to smile. “And Hyesung hyung forbid us to take side, but—Dongwan hyung will be more broken than this the day he know you leave to far away, hyung. So, I’ll take his side. I’m sorry hyung.”

 

“Jin..”

 

“You hurt yourself just to hurt him, but for what?” Junjin stood up, he bowed his head a bit. “I’m sorry but, stop being coward hyung. Talk to me again, when you decide to explain it to Dongwan hyung.”

 

.

.

TBC

 

Thankyou to whoever read this xx wish you like this chapter too

I like WanJin brotherhood, they're so cute together, and I think at some point Junjin idolized Dongwan a bit XD