One

Trace of Emotion

“Your mom adores me, why I can’t sleep at your room again tonight?” Dongwan was sulking, pouted his lips and starred to Sikyung intensely.

 

“Cause I’ve calculus test tomorrow, and no—even if you promise and swear, I know you’ll distract me,” Sikyung shutting up Dongwan when he saw his friend already open his mouth to cut his sentence, “and for God’s sake, Wan. You have flat, and you pay it with tons of part-time that you did. Just go home and stop wandering around.”

 

“I’m not wandering around.” 

 

“Ha, funny,” Sikyung replied sarcasticly, but exhaled his breathe when looking at Dongwan who lowered his eyes, and looked gloomy. “I met Hyesung this morning, and he really concerned about you. They don’t hate you, Wan. No one hates you. We just disappointed, me include. But hey—look at us now, here I am, still be with you, even you hogging up my blanket every nights.”

 

“It’s because your room temperature same as freezer.”

 

“Don’t come again then.”

 

Dongwan was sighing loudly, he knew, Sikyung was right. He had his flat, his room that he shared with Junjin and a very comfy bed, that he missed so much. But—

 

“You’re their friends too, not just Minwoo. And we’re not a kindergarten students that picked up sides when some us fought, you fool.”

 

“I know,” Dongwan replied quietly, “but I’m the one who hurt him, Kyung. He was hurting because of my actions. He did his best and I’m not.”

 

TAK!

 

A flicked landed on Dongwan’s forehead, loudly. Made him screeched hard, and cursing Sikyung instanly.

 

“YAK! Are you crazy!?” Dongwan’s rubbed his forehead. “Why did you hit me!?”

 

“I said it before right, stop underestimate yourself. Both of you are hurting and such a wreck these past weeks. You deserves a healing as much as Minwoo.”

 

This too, Sikyung was right again. Well, Dongwan was on the wrong side, he admit it—since that night the break up happened. But about the last part, Dongwan had different thought—he didn’t deserve it, at least not now. He deserved to be hurt and on pain.

 

He deserved it so bad, cause after years, Minwoo—Lee Minwoo, the patient, caring and most thoughtful person on this earth, finally given up. Walked away from his life, and never look back.

.

.

 

“Did you succes hyung?”

 

Hyesung shook his head, smiled apologetically to Andy who sat beside him on their flat’s stair. He knew it well his younger friend was waiting for the result a whole day.

 

“When I came to his class, it’s already ended. But I met with Sikyungie, and he said, he’d do something about it.”

 

“Nowadays kinda cold, and he hates it. If Jinnie or Minwoo hyung were not home yet, he’d always cuddling with me after his shift ended.” Andy looked up at the sky and then back to his hyung. “And it’s funny hyung, because when he was here, his loud voice and laugh annoys me, but these days, I miss him and want him back.”

 

Hyesung laughed a bit, “This is his flats too, Andy-ya. He just being him, a bit stubborn, but he’ll be back.”

 

Andy was nodding, and leaned his head on Hyesung’s shoulder. He knew the situation, it must be harder for Dongwan and MInwoo—but still, it’s been a week, and why the heck his Dongwan hyung also avoided them all? Did he think they mad at him? But for what?

 

“Why are you here?”

 

Eric stood up in front of them, looked at them quizzically. It’s almost 8pm, and it’s kinda cold to sat outdoor.

 

“Do you want to join us, hyung?” Andy pat the empty space beside him, invited his cousin to sat with them.

 

“Eiiy, I’ll just go into my room.”

 

Eric tried to past them, but Andy pulled his hand then looked at him with those pleading eyes that of course, always succed to got Andy whatever he wanted.

 

“Aish, it’s cold Andy.” With a gruntled, Eric leaned his body on the stairs’s handle, stayed. Made Hyesung chukled a bit, their residence’s maknae really had them wrapped around the finger.

 

“One question, and I’ll let you in.”

 

“What?”

 

“Do you mad at Dongwan hyung?”

 

“What?” Eric repeated his question, dumbfounded. He looked at Andy then Hyesung, whose eyes also looked at him, curiously.

 

“You heard my question hyung, just answer it.”

 

“Yeah—but, why I mad at him?” 

 

“I don’t know, that’s my question tho.”

 

“Yes, I know. I mean, why you ask me that? Do you—both of you,” Eric pointed at Andy and Hyesung, “think I mad at Dongwan? Our Kim Dongwan?”

 

“Well, you’re Minwoo hyung best friend, hyung.”

 

“And you’re too. And Dongwan is my best friend too.” Eric answered fast. He got it now. “It’s their relationship problem, I did dissapointed with Dongwanie, but doesn’t mean I’ll take side. Heck, I wouldn’t went to the cafe just to talk if I mad at him tho.”

 

“You met him?” Hyesung asked.

 

“He didn’t show up, and when I asked his boss, he said Dongwan was on leave. Dongwan wanted to resign suddenly, but the boss stopped him, and suggested to just take a leave and back when he’s ready. So yeah, I’m failed.“

 

“But from all the works he did, Dongwan hyung love it the most, right? And it pay him a decent amount, and—“

 

“It’s Minwoo and Dongwan place.” Hyesung cut in. “It’s the place when they’re confessed to each other. And a lof ot thing also happened there. Minwoo used to accompanied or waited Dongwan to end his shift. When Dongwan on his busy scheduled, they’d had their date there also. So I think, it’s bittersweet place for Dongwanie, that’s why he wanted to resigned.”

 

“I really want to hug Dongwan hyung,” Andy pouted his lips, “Minwoo hyung already had my hugs these days.”

 

Eric chuckled a bit. “Let’s cuddle Dongwan when he’s back, but right now, how about you cuddle me first, Dydy?”

 

“Nah, Hyesung hyung will do it,” Andy stood up fast, and running to their front door, “bye hyungs!”

 

.

.

 

Minwoo heard a cracked sound of the door, and from the foot-steps that followed after that, he knew who finally back—at this hour, a freakin 2 AM.

 

“Syungie,” He whispered and waggled his roommate, who already safe and sound, “Syungie, wake up please, Dongwan’s back.”

 

“What?”

 

Hyesung opened his mouth but not his eyes, grabbed his blanket, and ignored Minwoo.

 

“Dongwan’s back, I need your help, please.”

 

“Just do it by yourself.”

 

“And he’ll run away again if we meet.” Minwoo hissed, “I’ll buy you lunch or dinner, you choose. Just help me this one time.”

 

Hyesung sighed, he did worry over Dongwan and wanted him back. But not at this hour. “I’m up, I’m up. What do you want me to do?”

 

“Here.” Minwoo handed a paper bag that he got from his desk. “It’s thursday, he had his rock-climbing club activity, he need the hot pack but he always forget to stock it.”

 

 

Hyesung accepted the paper bag, but instead went to Dongwan, he just sat and looked at Minwoo sadly.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing,” Hyesung pat Minwoo’s shoulder, “I’ll give him this and force him to eat something, don’t worry.”

 

“Syung.”

 

“Eo?”

 

“If he ask, just say it’s from you. Thank you.” Minwoo smiled a bit, and lay his body—then back-faced him. Closed his eyes, eventho he knew, he wouldn’t able to sleep. Not until he knew that bastard was okay.

 

.

.