First attempt: The subway station.

Seoulmate

Sehun sighed tiredly before carefully covering the flower mark with his sleeve.

It had been a week since he met his soulmate, and he was nowhere nearer to find him again. He went back to the coffee shop the next day, but he had not had any luck. He was not even sure if his mysterious soulmate had realised that Sehun’s touch had been the one triggering their soulmate mark. A soulmate mark can appear on any place of your body, so it was possible that Jongin just found about it many hours later.

Jongin. My soulmate’s name is Jongin, reminded himself Sehun with a gloomy smile, looking at the overcrowded subway station gradually getting even more crowded. The train was going to arrive in two minutes, and it was the peak of the morning rush hour.

“God, I am never going to find him again.” Groaned the paramedic disheartened after looking over the crowd and not finding the face he was looking for.

Maybe I am not going to find him ever again.

The train arrived with a rush of sound and wind, opening its doors swiftly. This was not his train, so Sehun did not pay much attention to it, moving aside to let other people enter the subway car or get out of it. That was when he saw him through the opened door. A tall man with black-framed glasses was keenly studying the subway map above the opened door.

Sehun’s lost soulmate.

“Jongin! Jongin!”

The people around Sehun looked at him like he was crazy, but the excited man did not care at all. Not when his soulmate was finally looking at him straight in the eye trying to recognise the noisy young man at the platform.

“Soulmate! I am Sehun! Sehun!”

Sehun hastily pulled down his sleeve to show the chrysanthemum on his wrist to his soulmate, whose eyes widened in recognition. Jongin’s lips showed the happiest and prettiest smile he has ever seen, making Sehun’s heart feel cosy and warm.

He found his soulmate! He found him again!

They moved forward following the magical red string of fate. Only a few steps separated them from each other. Jongin raised his hand and opened his mouth to said something when the light above the door blinked and the doors suddenly closed in front of the shocked couple.

The subway car disappeared in seconds, leaving behind a perplexed Sehun frozen near the edge of the platform.

What the Hell had happened?

Where was Jongin?

Where was his soulmate?

Did he just lose him again?

The time between that moment and the arrival of the next train was torture for Sehun. He ran inside the subway car and was the first one to stumble outside of it as soon as the door opened in the next subway station.

The platform was as crowded as the last one, but his soulmate was not there.

The crowd waking around him avoided the distressed man that had started to cry in the middle of the chaos of a typical Seoul morning.

He had lost his soulmate for the second time in a week.

 

 

In another subway station, Jongin exited the arriving subway train to ran to the nearest stairway and reach the platform where his soulmate had shown him the chrysanthemum.

Sehun, suddenly remembered Jongin. My soulmate’s name is Sehun.

Jongin had taken the next train to go back to the previous subway station, praying to find his destined one still there.

He scrutinized the crowd holding his breath, only to find no trace of the handsome man.

His soulmate had vanished in the middle of the busy subway station.

 

 

In two different subway platforms, on opposite sides of the rail line, two young men fervently looked for love in the wrong places.