Chapter Three; Just a Show.

'Til the Broken Vows End.

 

 

 

Kim Jaejoong

 

 

I was sitting on a black couch when someone sat beside me.

“Happy 365 days, dude.”

“Whatever.” I stood up and went to the balcony.

It’s been a year since I joined this secret notorious group. It’s also been year since I left my ordinary life, or should I say a peaceful life. Yes I know no one wants this kind of life but there’s no going back anymore.  They will transform you into someone everyone will be afraid of, without the others knowing how you became one. Once you join this ‘group’ everything about you especially your feelings will turn cold. They will make your conscience numb and not care about the others’ feelings. It’s like you are physically alive but emotionally paralyzed.

My thinking time was interrupted when this girl named Tiffany walked towards me.

“Hey….” She then sat on my lap.

“What?” I didn’t dare to look into her annoying eyes.

“Why aren’t you inside? It’s getting cold in here.” She said as she drank her glass of orange juice.

Instead of responding I stood up despite of her heaviness.

“Hey!” She whined.

“Don’t you dare follow me.” I went back inside the living room.

But this girl is so hard-headed that she held onto my wrist.

“I’m sorry, okay?” She said. I turned around and looked at her.

“For the umpteenth time, Tiffany you’re not required to apologize.” I removed her hands onto my wrist and continued walking.

“What should I do to remove that cold treatment of yours when I’m around?!” She asked. I stopped again into my tracks.

“Isn’t it enough for you that I joined this group?”  I said calmly.

“I thought you’ll get used in here after a year.”

“I’m already used in here.”

“Will you also get used seeing me? I’ve been in love with you ever since middle school.”

“And I never feel the same way, Tiffany.”

“I wasted  so many fckin’ efforts, Jae! Why?! What kind of girl do you want?! Am I lacking something that made you dislike me THIS much?!” Her tears started to stain her cheeks.

Then this girl suddenly popped in my mind.

Hyun Ji.

How’s her life right now? Is she eating and sleeping well? Was she able to finish studying in college? Is she a lawyer already? Is she still the Hyun Ji I knew ever since we had our first date?

Did she find someone new to love her more than I do? Someone better than me? The one that will provide her happiness? The one that will marry her? Be with her forever and with their children?

“Answer me, Jae. Answer me!” Tiffany begged as she shook me from my thoughts.

“It’s Jung Hyun Ji, right?” She asked.

I didn’t respond.

“It’s her, right?!”

I stayed still, controlling the rising temper.

“It’s that  fckin’ Hyun Ji! What’s with her that made you fall in love?! Frankly speaking, you made a very, very stupid decision in choosing her! Why h-“

“Don’t you call Hyun Ji a because you’re one!” I yelled out of anger.

“M-me?!” She stuttered.

“What if I say…yes?”

I received a slap after I said that. But I stayed calm. She fell into her knees and continued to cry.

“I did e-everything Jaejoong. PLEASE, give US  a chance!” She sobbed.

“I already gave YOU the chance. I joined your father’s group. I left all my loved ones just for YOU. I accepted that FAKE accident and FAKE hospitalization as an excuse in leaving everything behind. I already did what you want me to do. I already acted in your show. I’m sorry but I will never fall for you, Tiffany. “ I said then left her.

I already suffered many things and now she’s asking me to give US a chance. I don’t think I can grant her wish this time. Falling in love with her would be the last thing I would do before I leave this planet.

--

 

No One

“Ya, Hyun Ji.” Yunho shook her cousin lightly as she fell asleep inside the car.

“Mmmm..” She whined as she rubbed her eyes.

“We’re already home.” Yunho said.

“I thought I’m gonna sleep at So Eun’s.” Hyun Ji said.

“Ani~ they’ll just hate you when they knew about your sleeping habits.” Yunho teased.

“Ya! Yunho! As if you have normal sleeping habits! Ji Hye eonnie said that you’re a space invader!”

“Whatever you say. Do you even have a plan in getting out of the car? It’s late already.”

“It’s  only 10 p.m.” I said as I looked through my wristwatch.

“And it’s late.”

“You shouldn’t have fetched me in So Eun’s crib.”

“We just have something to tell you that’s why.”

“You should have called me.” Hyun Ji defended.

“It’s some important matters about your bar exam.”

“Oh, yeah. I totally forgot about it.’

“ I don’t see any nervousness in you. Too confident in passing the exam?” Yunho asked.

“Do I really need to look tense, scared and almost worn out just to make you ALL feel that I’m nervous?” Hyun Ji asked.

“You really have the guts, huh? Hyun Ji FIGHTING~~” Yunho put his fist in the air.

Hyun Ji couldn’t help but laugh.

“Ya! Yunho! You look stupid!” Hyun Ji said as she continued laughing.

“Just making my cousin’s nervous level go down.”

“Sleep time now.” Hyun Ji yawned then opened the car door and went inside the house.

“Aish~ this little cousin.” Yunho murmured as he entered the house and sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I am really sorry for not updating. This chapter really gave me a hard time because I have to think of a better situation. But thankfully, it turned out good. FOR ME. Haha.:)) This is the first time I used MS Word in making the chapters. And a 3-page chapter is not really....LONG. 

Let me give you another spoiler of what will happen next. 

The bar exam that Yunho said to Hyun Ji has something to do with the next chapter! AND! It also has something to do with Jaejoong. You're asking how it's connected? Just stay tuned in the story and I hope you'll leave a comment. :) 

 

P.S.: I can't help it but I always make Yunho give the clues to every chapter. HAHAHAHAHAHA!